Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices
    According to dallasnews.com there will be a new requirement for buying the 3g iPhone. You must buy it in person and activate it in the store.

Direct quote from AT&T spokesperson
    When customers purchase their new 3G iPhone, customers will activate the device in the retail store. This is the traditional wireless activation model that our customers are very familiar with. In-store activation should take just a few minutes and customers will be able to leave with their iPhone up and running. This will be especially helpful if any questions or issues arise during activation.
    That fluff about helping people with questions is probably just the polite way of saying "We want the iPhones activated on our chosen carriers in front of us. We hope to kill unlocking. Muwahahahaha."

Pricing for the 3g iPhone was also announced:
    • With a two-year contract, the price of an 8GB iPhone 3G will be $199; the 16GB model will be priced at $299.
    • Unlimited iPhone 3G data plans for consumers will be available for $30 a month, in addition to voice plans starting at $39.99 a month.
    • Unlimited 3G data plans for business users will be available for $45 a month, in addition to a voice plan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

LEVMAN (06-09-2008)

I'll go ahead and post this here too:

AT&T- News Room

It's the AT&T Press Release regarding the iPhone 3G.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

sweet!

hmm... sweet.

hey, probably the wrong forum, and i've been reading so dont flame me for this cuz i haven't seen anything about it.. how's the camera? recording video, yet?

More and more restictions huh?....

Well Im Glad as hell that I am an AT&T user!!

ha! ha!! non att users must be passing out nationwide!! apple trying to one up the consumer again!!

$39.99 a month for the basic plan and then $30 for data? So we're looking at 70 for the basic plan, which I imagine is 450 anytime minutes and 1500 night and weekend minutes, with no text messages included. If we're lucky, it'll be $59.99 for 650 anytime and unlimited night and weekends, but I'm guessing another $20 a month for unlimited text messages. So that would be $60+$20+$30 for $110 before taxes. Sigh.

Right now the basic minimum iPhone plan is $39.99 for 450 anytime minutes, unlimited night and weekend + $20 for unlimited data + 200 text.

So from EDGE to 3G, you're looking at an extra $10 for the new 3G package.

So at a minimum, it's going to be around $80 a month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow i guess I wont get one. I live 45minutes from a at&t store that will sell them. Plus I was going to use billmelater

Do the current iPhone plans offer rollover minutes the way all other AT&T plans do?

So now whats the workaround for people who are on diff networks? no more buying iphones on ebay huh? Kinda sucks cuz i am ready to buy one but im not paying the att deposit. Apple has just lost another sale IMHO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suprmallet View Post
    Do the current iPhone plans offer rollover minutes the way all other AT&T plans do?
    Yes, all iPhone plans currently have rollover.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Why does Apple's website still continue to say:

* Based on 3G and EDGE testing. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Based on iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) purchases. Requires new 2-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately.

If the 2 year agreement is sold separately then anyone should be able to walk into an APPLE store and buy the phone at the advertised price ($199). The only way this could work is to exclusively sell the phones through AT&T stores only which you know isn't going to happen.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Elektrik (06-09-2008)

Thanks

At&t and Apple wont even sell it to you without you signing a contract

Nice. So if the $39.99 plan offers unlimited night and weekend minutes, I could get that, bank on the rollover (I don't talk for 450 minutes during the day on any month), and save some cash versus getting the next highest plan.

i just spoke to a guy from the apple store at nyc, they said that you can activate the phone at home. and im guessing that apple stores is carrying theme right now.

Why would you guess that?

wtf

what about existing iphone users?

do we get to sign a 2 year extension from the day we buy it? or it HAS to be a new contract?

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

what about existing customers?

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycaznkidd0 View Post
    i just spoke to a guy from the apple store at nyc, they said that you can activate the phone at home. and im guessing that apple stores is carrying theme right now.
    You would be guessing wrong!

Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast