+ Reply
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yeah PM me if you need to know how its done, Ill also need to swear you to secrecy apon pain of death (half joking) if it get out they
    Thanks

Yeah PM me if you need to know how its done, Ill also need to swear you to secrecy apon pain of death (half joking) if it get out they might put a stop to it

iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

"AT&T's President of National Distribution Glenn Lurie, who revealed that all iPhone activations will take place in-store."

I think!! You have to think about it. Only sell in stores? No way. You will be able to buy online, either apple or att and then activate in store within 30 days. Or face penalty.

Thanks

If they control the supply of iPhones how could you NOT activate it in store? Also if you manage to get an iPhone unscathed from a store unactivated and hacktivate it how could they know?

Green Apple
    Thanks

People cant seem to understand that Apple advertised the subsidized price today, you cant buy it without a contract. Period.

Att lost money through unlocking, instead of sharing revenue with apple for the new subscribers they are sharing it with the person who buys the phone.

Cheaper iphones means more people buying them, more people buying means more activation fees for ATT and more revenue, the subsidies will actually make ATT more money.

There are always people who will import them from overseas but ATT isnt that bad for me to pay double for a phone for no reason.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well, it looks like I'm gonna either switch to the Bold or use my EDGE iPhone till it dies. Good game Apple. I like paying 80 dollars for unlimited data + texting + 1000 minutes. What a debacle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I live on Brazil, and I'm planning to travel to NYC next month.
    How can I buy one ? I'll have to make a contract with AT&T ?

Thanks

Just wait, brazil is getting its own iPhone carrier later this year

http://www.apple.com/iphone/countries/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    Just wait, brazil is getting its own iPhone carrier later this year

Apple - iPhone - Choose a Country
    You sure don't know Brazilian import taxes ...
    lol

And the carrier here will be wanting minimally a lifetime contract. If not wanting "deathtime" also :P "You can die, as long as you keep using our carrier"
    Last edited by OrBiTaL.Zer0; 06-09-2008 at 08:11 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There is no way they can force you to purchase a contract in store or walk out empty handed. Get real. When you purchase a product in America you have the right to receive it untampered from manufacturer. That means in the box wrapped up when you pay. They can offer rebates and incentives to do it their preferred method but nothing more.
    Last edited by listenclose; 06-09-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Thanks

Well I dont see how your going to buy an 3G iPhone since you now have to activate in store and not in iTunes

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    There is no way they can force you to purchase a contract in store or walk out empty handed. Get real. When you purchase a product in America you have the right to receive it untampered from manufacturer. That means in the box wrapped up when you pay. They can offer rebates and incentives to do it their preferred method but nothing more.
    You also don't seem to understand that in America there's this thing called exclusive rights which prevents phones from being sold unlocked. AT&T has the iPhone's exclusive right for the next four years. You can keep telling yourself whatever you want to make you sleep at night, but you will not be able to buy the new phone with the contract.

EDIT: No one is forcing to buy this phone, you can buy one of the dozens of other smartphones out there. However, if you want THIS phone, you'll have to be with AT&T.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

my guess because of the cheaper price at&t will make sure you activate before you leave.

Thanks

damn....lost a customer looks like im keeping my 1st gen

imagine the queue on release day though if everyone has to go through a 5 minute sit down activation process in-store? They might send you home to activate just to keep the queues down

Thanks

Lol its going to more than 5 mins I can tell you, they have to do a credit check on you and everything im guessing ten mins. IM CAMPIN OUT!....again(I hate lines)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    Well I dont see how your going to buy an 3G iPhone since you now have to activate in store and not in iTunes
    iTunes activation is not a problem
    Praise to Zibri lord

If there is no activation in the store, I just have to buy it ? The 2-year contract comes with the activation ?

Thanks

You dont get it, if you dont sign the contract you cant have the phone. Its not like before and theirs no grantee that old methods like ziPhone works anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is so stupid..... i think im gonna stay with my iphone..

like what if we arent with at&t..they are gonna lose a lot of money doin this....

feel sorry for anyone who sold there phone..

but im sure there is a way around it in the future.... stupid iphone at&t policy...

why cant it just be like all other phones...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The firmware is the same 2.0 that will ship to 1st gen. And it's already cracked. The only problem now is the new iTunes. The AppleMobileDeviceService is new and need to be reverse engineered.

There is a way to purchase it as pre-paid ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You also don't seem to understand that in America there's this thing called exclusive rights which prevents phones from being sold unlocked. AT&T has the iPhone's exclusive right for the next four years. You can keep telling yourself whatever you want to make you sleep at night, but you will not be able to buy the new phone with the contract.

EDIT: No one is forcing to buy this phone, you can buy one of the dozens of other smartphones out there. However, if you want THIS phone, you'll have to be with AT&T.
    AT&T has service rights meaning if you activate it (properly) it will have to be on their network for 2 years. To purchase the hardware has nothing to do with that. Other phones use rebates and subsidies to entice customers to purchase contracts but there is always a method to purchase a even locked phone without a contract at premium. There is no mention of a premium price which leads me to believe that $199/$299 is the premium.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Thanks

Because "revolutions" come at a price. You want the tech you have to give up some freedom(or rebel and hack everything in sight)