Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

Quote Originally Posted by lefty83 View Post
    if this is true and the new iphone will only be sold with a forced contract..I will have to laugh at all those people that recently sold their jailbroken/non contract iphones in order to save up for the new one..now the old iphones are sold out everywhere and the new ones come only with a contract...haha..people with no patience..probably have to go on ebay and spend more then retail again in order to buy back your phone...
    I will gladly sell them my 1st gen once I get the new one

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Wrong in the iphone contract there will be a a 450 fee for canceling or return the phone. It is the same now if you try to buy a phone with a 2yr contract and get 200 dollars off, if you cancel you have to pay the extra 200 or give the phone back.
    Where do you get this $450 fee from? That sounds like pure speculation which is what most of this thread is I guess. Just because someone that works at Apple/At&t says so doesn't mean it's true. Take that with a grain of salt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    So if I understand correctly, and there's merit to the statements made, the early termination fee for iphone 2.0 accounts would be $450? If that's the case, and a 16GB model is $299 - that is $749 total cost of ownership so far.

Key question: When you early terminate do they unlock the phone? It would seem to me that would be a MUST. Makes sense, since I recall the Euro phones being around $750 unlocked. If they don't unlock the phone for that price, then they are leaving you holding a phone which cannot be used? Not consistant with most cases. My experience is when you terminate, most carriers furnish upon request the unlock codes so you can port phone (fully paid for) to another network.

thats the point of a deposit/early termination "you leave use, we will rape and pillage your family!!!" ..... "oh and leave you with a paper weight " unless you know how to unlock it, which most everyone does now..

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

i just sold mine on ebay for 275,

if this is the way it is going to work, pay 100 and 150 + contract, the iPhone will again fail in europe at its second attempt.

when will they realise, that phones with technically better specs come FREE with contracts.
    FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE

they still cant compete in europe efficiently with these prices

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arm22 View Post
    Where do you get this $450 fee from? That sounds like pure speculation which is what most of this thread is I guess. Just because someone that works at Apple/At&t says so doesn't mean it's true. Take that with a grain of salt.
    So you think they don't have a plan for everyone who will buy and then cancel next day?

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

So you think they don't have a plan for everyone who will buy and then cancel next day?
    of course they will. They will dangle you over a crocodile pit by your balls (or ovaries if you are a women) till you decide to just stay with them..

It Is What It Is...

Thanks

TECHNOLOGY Blog | The Dallas Morning News

im in the UK, i hope they arent doing this here or im gonna be seriously p1ssed

Thanks

UPDATE: And you will be required to activate your phone at the store. From AT&T spokeswoman Sarah Andreani:

When customers purchase their new 3G iPhone, customers will activate the device in the retail store. This is the traditional wireless activation model that our customers are very familiar with. In-store activation should take just a few minutes and customers will be able to leave with their iPhone up and running. This will be especially helpful if any questions or issues arise during activation.
    UPDATE: And the only place you'll be able to buy the phone is in a physical AT&T or Apple store. The 3G iPhone will not be sold on either att.com or apple.com.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post

I'll go ahead and say you're an idiot for not reading the thread because that link is found on the very first post. In fact, it's detailed on the very first post and discussed thoroughly throughout the thread unless you meant the update which has also been posted and discussed.

Dammit I dont want to have to steal one. My contract is already up to like 8 years with all these new phones my family keeps buying. Their has to be a way around this

idiot...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is Bullllll-**** I have the unlimited everything paid $150 at month is no way i am going to have a 10 add in my account because the 3g internet and the gps is included i have a touch screen in my car with navigation system and i like everything in my iPhone. this business is for cingular not apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'll go ahead and say you're an idiot for not reading the thread because that link is found on the very first post. In fact, it's detailed on the very first post and discussed thoroughly throughout the thread unless you meant the update which has also been posted and discussed.
    thankyou for going ahead and saying that. was very helpful towards this thread. please check back when you have something else useful to say.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That, I didn't say. Just the value you have stated is just not known anywhere and seems like a made up price. Even your brother or friend or whoever you mentioned would not have this info yet. Like someone mentioned, there is probably a process to deal with the multiple cancellers out there but we have no idea yet.

I just called my local AT&T store about the new iphone and what do I do if I have an old one. He said I cant get the 199 or the 299 price with new contract because I am an existing customer and I will have to buy the phone at full price, whatever that will be. Is that true or does this guy just spouting off without really knowing? I hope so cause I want to do the new contract for 299.00 so I can get a new phone because my current iphone has a crack in the screen.

I wonder if apple will drop the rediculous price of 250.00 to fix your screen now that the phone is cheaper.

thankyou for going ahead and saying that. was very helpful towards this thread. please check back when you have something else useful to say.
    You're welcome given how I've gone ahead and posted about 3 thread full of factual information, have quoted and answered questions endlessly throughout the day and have been nothing more than a super awesome noodle boy.

Quote Originally Posted by cypher7810 View Post
    I just called my local AT&T store about the new iphone and what do I do if I have an old one. He said I cant get the 199 or the 299 price with new contract because I am an existing customer and I will have to buy the phone at full price, whatever that will be. Is that true or does this guy just spouting off without really knowing? I hope so cause I want to do the new contract for 299.00 so I can get a new phone because my current iphone has a crack in the screen.

I wonder if apple will drop the rediculous price of 250.00 to fix your screen now that the phone is cheaper.
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. Extending your contract by 2 years is the same thing as getting a new contract. You'll have no problem getting a new iPhone for $299.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 06-09-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

cypher7810 (06-09-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You're welcome given how I've gone ahead and posted about 3 thread full of factual information, have quoted and answered questions endlessly throughout the day and have been nothing more than a super awesome noodle boy.
    congrats from myself and the rest of the happy noodle boy fanboys out there.

i got so caught up with this whole thing i forgot the link to the first page my bad, the flamin was due seein as people are gonna be pissed right now.

fingers crossed that the UK wont be the same, but doubt it will be different

i now have no iphone

$30 for the data? My Media Max with 3G is $15 now. I'll wait for a google phone.

There is no way in the world that everyone buying an iphone will have to spend 30 minutes in the store having their iphone activated. It would take a solid year just to sell the number they think they will sell if that was the case.

nahh if apple is going to sell them at there stores u can get them without activation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arm22 View Post
    That, I didn't say. Just the value you have stated is just not known anywhere and seems like a made up price. Even your brother or friend or whoever you mentioned would not have this info yet. Like someone mentioned, there is probably a process to deal with the multiple cancellers out there but we have no idea yet.
    Their store received a memo stating information about the new iphone two hours after the keynote finished. Corporate has to let their employees know what is going on with everyone calling asking about contracts, reserving, and data plans.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast