Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ummmm. Is everyone screaming about Apples stock forgetting about the exclusivity contract? This is SUPPOSED to be just for AT&T remember? Why would they care if you don't buy unless you activate a 2yr. This is a smart business move to protect AT&T and Apple's agreement. I see no other reason for it.

I just took my iPhone off ebay since I heard we wont be able to walk in and get one.

Screwed themselves how? The number of unlocked phones (comparing iPhone sales to iPhone contracts) hasn't been higher than 20%. So assuming this is all true, they lost those 20% while attracting an equivalent number of costumers who are ok with a $200 price tag.

They can't physically prevent you from unlocking or jailbreak a phone, but I do have to say that forcing a contract with each phone sale if a pretty nice way to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerdst View Post
    that bull apple better recall the iPhones and give me a new one
    because I paid 400 for the I have
    and I thought all the iPhones were 3g
    ha, what a tool. Reading>you.
    Really?

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elay12 View Post
    it's no big deal, just sign the contract. all cell providers have a 30 day trial period. just sign up for the plan and then within minutes cancel your plan and you won't have to pay anything extra.
    Really? By law you only have (3) days to void any legal bound contract. Technically without an addendum in the contract (I don't see that happening) if you purchase a phone and open the box your stuck with it.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Quote Originally Posted by elay12 View Post
    it's no big deal, just sign the contract. all cell providers have a 30 day trial period. just sign up for the plan and then within minutes cancel your plan and you won't have to pay anything extra.
    If you cancel within 30 days you have to return the subsidized phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I just got back from the local AT&T store and spoke with the manager. It appears that it is true.. activation in the store only. You literally will have to sign a 2 year agreement or re-extend a 2 year agreement if you are currently an iphone holder. Apparently as well they are integrating AT&T substations into the MAC Stores as of July 1st .
    I just talked to my brother who manages a AT&T store in Dallas. He is getting transfered to the new AT&T substation at the local Apple Store. He said that if someone tries to cancel their plan after receiving their iphone they have to pay a $450 fee or return the phone within 30 days other wise your credit gets dinged and if your credit sucks your not getting a AT&T account anyways. Apple has shot themselves in the foot.

Everyone forgot a bigger issue here..THIS WILL END JAILBREAKING! Because everytime you jailbreak and iPhone it "reactivates" the phone over iTunes after resetting the phone. Now that iTunes won't be doing the activating, what are you going to do? Jailbreak it, and then take it back to the store and ask them to activate? Ill be sticking with my current phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple - iPhone - Choose a Country

Notice the USA is the last on the list. Available under the July 11th date :-)
    Ever heard of the alphabet?

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Thanks

can you honestly imagine buying the iPhone 3G from an Apple store, then sitting their with an apple genius and sorting your contract with O2out.

imagine how many man hours apple would lose from store workers with this....

it is a good rumour to start at this point in time but cant see it happening.

phoned apple and the CS said they didnt really know yet but thought it would be same as last one.

we will just have to wait and see, and ignore the rumours this time, just like video conferencing last time.....
    Last edited by reeko; 06-09-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks

So...Stupid....
    Why do i have to sign ANOTHER 2 year plan?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Everyone forgot a bigger issue here..THIS WILL END JAILBREAKING! Because everytime you jailbreak and iPhone it "reactivates" the phone over iTunes after resetting the phone. Now that iTunes won't be doing the activating, what are you going to do? Jailbreak it, and then take it back to the store and ask them to activate? Ill be sticking with my current phone.
    No it won't. Once your account is active and flagged as an iPhone account, iTunes will be able to activate the phone.

The bottleneck (a brilliant one) is BUYING the phone. Simply put, you can't buy an iPhone 3G without a new contract or extending a current one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    can you honestly imagine buying the iPhone 3G from an Apple store, then sitting their with an apple genius and sorting your contract with AT&T out.

it is a good rumour to start at this point in time but cant see it happening.

phoned apple and the CS said they didnt really know yet but thought it would be same as last one.

we will just have to wait and see, and ignore the rumours this time, just like video conferencing last time.....
    AT&T substations

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    lol, no. fake activation is the process of activating the phone in itunes.

jailbreaking is giving the phone the ability to install and run 3rd party apps (installer / cydia)

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    can you honestly imagine buying the iPhone 3G from an Apple store, then sitting their with an apple genius and sorting your contract with AT&T out.

AT&T will be putting kiosk on Apple Stores to handle activations.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    No it won't. Once your account is active and flagged as an iPhone account, iTunes will be able to activate the phone.

The bottleneck (a brilliant one) is BUYING the phone. Simply put, you can't buy an iPhone 3G without a new contract or extending a current one.
    Happy Noodle has got it. This is the way it will be.

i have had t-mobile, verizon, and at&t. i have read all the contracts and fine print. if you cancel the plan within 3 days you can either return the phone or pay for the phone which will be full retail price.

Thanks

Current AT&T customers will just extend their contract.

Did they announce anything about a trade in? I still have about a year and a few months on my service agreement. and do you have to pay for the 3g? 3g is not available in my area so it is useless to me, i just want to upgrade because of the design and the GPS.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast