Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    My colleague at work has a daughter studying in the UK.

I think you can buy iPhones there with O2 and and go with the Pay & Go option and not have to sign up and long term contract. Is this right ?

I'll ask my colleague if her daughter can buy me one (or two) and fedex it to me here.

Can anyone verify the O2 iPhone deal ? how much would iPhone cost in the UK without contract. thanks.
    this is correct, and the best option for you at this time (unless anything changes before launch)

with the PAYG option, you can unlock it etc. as before with the first gen.

O2 havent released prices yet, but im guessing around 269 for 8GB and 359 for 16GB.

stay tuned at iPhone - O2

ive phoned O2 every day since the 9th, and they have said every time that they will probably find out at the same time as the internet site gets updated, so keep checking back on the site.

also, note the 8GB is not available in white. i see it as the model all initial contracts will be given with as free, and nothing more. just a cheaper model for launch. i believe it will be phased out within a couple months like the 4gb last year, and a 32GB white/black model introduced.

I noticed on the online Apple stores that the US store is the only one that shows up in the "where to buy" iPhone search. Is this because their stores are not lister or because they are only being sold through the carriers.

Also and more importantly what about the developers? Many already have a cellular contract and will not want a new one just to test their apps on the iPhone. Anyone have any idea on how this will work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keisi View Post
    I noticed on the online Apple stores that the US store is the only one that shows up in the "where to buy" iPhone search. Is this because their stores are not lister or because they are only being sold through the carriers.
    the UK store has a "where to buy" link aswell, to the carphone warehouse and O2 stores (not apple stores?!?!)

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    the UK store has a "where to buy" link aswell, to the carphone warehouse and O2 stores (not apple stores?!?!)
    Yeah that's what I meant-Apple Retail Stores are not listed under where to buy only the carriers are.

Thanks

the apple store, will sell an apple product......

surely?! ......

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnew70x7 View Post
    Nah. I'd venture to bet Pwnage is a pretty hard thing to patch up.
    They've already patched it which is why the last 3 betas have not been jailbroken yet. They also changed the bootloader for the new phones so this will be yet another challenge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    They've already patched it which is why the last 3 betas have not been jailbroken yet. They also changed the bootloader for the new phones so this will be yet another challenge.
    i dont know about this really, please enlighten me, is it that they have patched it so pwnage does not and cannot work,

or

is it that pwnage can work still and the dev team just hasnt publicly released it (if they did, apple would surely patch further....)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The Dev team released jailbreaks for the first 2 betas of 2.0 and has yet to release anything since. The RAM disk exploit has been patched (per Dale1v)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The Dev team released jailbreaks for the first 2 betas of 2.0 and has yet to release anything since. The RAM disk exploit has been patched (per Dale1v)
    I thought the big thing about pwnage was that it could not or would be very hard for them to patch.

I think they haven't released updates for every new beta because whats the point? There just betas and will probably not reflect the final release. There are never any real drastic changes the the betas. Mainly bug fixes.

I have a current iphone and with AT&T. Can I walk into the Apple Store come July 11 and pay $199 for the new iphone and walkout? If they asked about trading in the old iphone, I will say I will keep it for a backup or to use it as an ipod.

If I can do that, what is to stop me from selling the new 3G iphone on Ebay for say $399 and keep my old iphone? I think people will pay $399 for the new 3G if they want to try and unlock it.

Also, will we see lots of old iphone from people with AT&T on ebay come July 11. If I have AT&T and want the new phone, I will sell my old one for $199 so people can buy it and either try to unlock it or just pop in their At&T sim card.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    I have a current iphone and with AT&T. Can I walk into the Apple Store come July 11 and pay $199 for the new iphone and walkout?
    You need to sign for extension of 2 more years contract.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

My friend Jasmine, who works for ATT Corporate just made a post on the iphone here:

Club Lexus Forums - View Single Post - 3G iPhone Announced

im excited for it to come out so i can make lots and lots and lots of money! im probably gonna work all day july 11 or at least until all our iphones are gone but this phones supposedly going to be a little different than the first one in terms of activation. not everyone can purchase it. you have to be eligible for upgrade to buy it and you dont activate it at home anymore [this is our answer to people trying to unlock it] you have to activate it in the store i dont know exactly how thats going to work but thats how it goes. plus at our store corporate has told us we cant hold any phones for anyone so i cant hold one for you, you have to be waiting in line but from last yr, we got like 100 and after going through the long line we still had a couple left and it was CRAZY last yr. but i can tell u when our store gets more so that you can come down and get one once we get some.

yeah the iphones cool with 3g n all but supposedly the bb bold is coming out around the same time and thats gonna have 3g and thats what i really want but its a close call i dont know which one i would like better but with the iphone touchscreen its so hard to txt and drive.... hahahha jk
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

this is such a joke, apple should just open it up to all networks, they would make less money, but then more people would buy so in the end they would make even more

Hey, what if someone calls at&t or apple and says they want to buy it as a gift? They cant make you sign the contract as it wouldn't be for you and then we could find a way to hackitivate it once we a hold of it

******* hell, just finished reading through this thread. And atm I hate myself.

I busted my 4gb iphone yesterday, got mad because my parents where fighting so I threw it as hard has I could on the floor and stomped on it, the touchscreen got in 1000 pieces.

So now I see I cant order anymore from apple store. And prices on ebay are crazy, like 575 for a non used iphone 8gb, ******* hell...

So I found this website

International-Orders.com - International-Shopping - Powered by Go-Global - Stores

They appear to be selling iphone 3g

New Apple iPhone 3G

New Apple iPhone 3G
    Price:
    $299.00
    Brand New Apple iPhone GSM Quad-Band 3G iPhone. No contract .

http://www.international-orders.com/...mid,1/lang,en/

I would gladly pay 300 bucks for a non contract 3g iphone. **** it I need an iphone anyways... And Ive been reading through a swedish iphone site and this website that sells these iphones appears to be a serious site.

So either this, or is there someone (preferbly in Europe) who is willing to sell me there iphone for around 300 bucks?

Thanks

international-orders.com's head office is in Los Angeles, California, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by quuz View Post
    ******* hell, just finished reading through this thread. And atm I hate myself.

I busted my 4gb iphone yesterday, got mad because my parents where fighting so I threw it as hard has I could on the floor and stomped on it, the touchscreen got in 1000 pieces.

So now I see I cant order anymore from apple store. And prices on ebay are crazy, like 575 for a non used iphone 8gb, ******* hell...

So I found this website

International-Orders.com - International-Shopping - Powered by Go-Global - Stores

They appear to be selling iphone 3g

New Apple iPhone 3G

New Apple iPhone 3G
    Price:
    $299.00
    Brand New Apple iPhone GSM Quad-Band 3G iPhone. No contract .

http://www.international-orders.com/...mid,1/lang,en/

I would gladly pay 300 bucks for a non contract 3g iphone. **** it I need an iphone anyways... And Ive been reading through a swedish iphone site and this website that sells these iphones appears to be a serious site.

So either this, or is there someone (preferbly in Europe) who is willing to sell me there iphone for around 300 bucks?
    Has anyone ever heard of these guys-if so I just might want to order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikemann888 View Post
    international-orders.com's head office is in Los Angeles, California, USA.
    So you know of them or is that a domain-search. Are they a reputable dealer?
    Last edited by keisi; 06-12-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

as soon as someone confirms the site is legit im bookmarking it

Quote Originally Posted by indiscretion View Post
    as soon as someone confirms the site is legit im bookmarking it
    I just did a mock checkout - its is going to cost me $980.00 for 2 iPhones with no accesoriess. I am waiting till we are absolutely sure there is no other way.

otherwise Me Too
    Last edited by keisi; 06-12-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keisi View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of these guys-if so I just might want to order from them.

So you know of them or is that a domain-search. Are they a reputable dealer?
    Sorry, I don't know them, just checked out from their site. Still reluctant to place an order from this site.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast