+ Reply
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For existing its the same thing you do when you buy a subsidized phone: a 2-year extension of the contract.
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

For existing its the same thing you do when you buy a subsidized phone: a 2-year extension of the contract.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suprmallet View Post
    $39.99 a month for the basic plan and then $30 for data? So we're looking at 70 for the basic plan, which I imagine is 450 anytime minutes and 1500 night and weekend minutes, with no text messages included. If we're lucky, it'll be $59.99 for 650 anytime and unlimited night and weekends, but I'm guessing another $20 a month for unlimited text messages. So that would be $60+$20+$30 for $110 before taxes. Sigh.
    Ummmm helllooo!!! TXT is included in unlimited DATA!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple - iPhone - Choose a Country

Notice the USA is the last on the list. Available under the July 11th date :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

i seriously doubt your friends store has the new iphone already. today was just the unveiling of the new phone. If i cant walk in and buy and iphone and do with it as i please then i will not buy the new one. I just dont see how they can get buy with this. I think that you should be able to buy the iphone from apple direct and activate at home, but if you go into the store then you should have to activate on spot. If all this is true then apple is gonna kill there sales because i bet 90% of iphone sales are from people that are not even on ATT!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just called another store and i ask the same question, it will be the same deal with the first iphone. get it and get out. i called 2 nyc apple store already, and they told me the same answer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, that'll really stagnate sales.

Will Apple only sell refurbished units in-store, as well? Sounds like a boondoggle in the making.

I doubt this'll last long. And if it does... dump your Apple stock now, lol. With the poor economy and high fuel prices, the headlines that read - "new iphone fails to meet sales expectations" - will just write themselves.

With fuel prices soaring, you really have to wonder about a company that eliminates internet sales from one of its top tier products. Not a smart move, at all.
    Last edited by chasev2; 06-09-2008 at 03:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that bull apple better recall the iPhones and give me a new one
    because I paid 400 for the I have
    and I thought all the iPhones were 3g

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

According to At&t site, you have to activate it at the store or you cant buy it. I don't think this stops the unlocking community but will hinder it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

how can the att store tell you something over the phone about a phone that they dont even have yet!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

find the local apple store, and give theme a call, i sold my iphone 1 month ago. so im on the safe side

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

What about AT&T online? They sell the phone to you activated from them. I found it interesting that there "revolutionary" way to activate phones only lasted a year. And iTunes activation had nothing to do with unlocking. I am now taking this story with a grain of salt, since neither AT&T or Apple has said it (CS people do not count)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

The employees at the Apple Stores are talking about the old iphone not the new one. I am sure they haven't even been briefed on it yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
    how can the att store tell you something over the phone about a phone that they dont even have yet!
    i called a apple store not a atnt store, if u get ur iphone on atnt obviously u have to activate it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got back from the local AT&T store and spoke with the manager. It appears that it is true.. activation in the store only. You literally will have to sign a 2 year agreement or re-extend a 2 year agreement if you are currently an iphone holder. Apparently as well they are integrating AT&T substations into the MAC Stores as of July 1st .
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Green Apple
    Thanks

exactly. So this basically is going to put a stop to buying iphones on ebay. Why would i buy an iphone, activate it, cancel the plan and pay the early termination fee, unlock it then sell it on ebay??? So basically like i said apple has just screwed themselves if all this info is true!

Green Apple
    Thanks

it's no big deal, just sign the contract. all cell providers have a 30 day trial period. just sign up for the plan and then within minutes cancel your plan and you won't have to pay anything extra.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if the iphone going to release on the 11th stores should have been receiving the phones today. the chances that the stores get it tomorrow are slim cause there might be a delay shipment.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so i have a question... if i bought the iphone and activated with a 2 year contract... how would i go about buying this one? just go in and upgrade just like that?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I can see AT&T having this in store activation policy... only makes sense. That makes it fair for legit AT&T customers to have a decent supply of phones available. But this doesn't stop someone from going to the APPLE store and picking one up with the "understanding" that it will be activated at home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
    exactly. So this basically is going to put a stop to buying iphones on ebay. Why would i buy an iphone, activate it, cancel the plan and pay the early termination fee, unlock it then sell it on ebay??? So basically like i said apple has just screwed themselves if all this info is true!
    not exactly... i think this is why we are seeing a huge drop in retail price. The average AT&T Customers pays nearly $99 a month for 900-1200 minutes + data plan, unlimited text, etc. This makes sense.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did