Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    Fuc Apple and Fuc steve jobs if this is all true! Can't knock the hustle but he will be loosing money!

Like i said can't knock the hustle but Steve jobs will be losing lots and lots of money. Im sure after the first qtr of how crappy sells are due to the bullsh** he is doing he will sell them to anyone and not a contract.

Wasn't it like over 2 million iphones were unaccounted for due to either ppl just jailbreaking them and getting them unlocked?

I won't beleive it till july 11 and i sign on apple.com and it won't let me buy it without a contract!
    how will he be loosing money if they sell more?

Fuc Apple and Fuc steve jobs if this is all true! Can't knock the hustle but he will be loosing money!

Now every kid from 5th to 12th grade will have it as well. That's how it is with sidekicks now and with this price i can see every kid with one. Like i said can't knock the hustle but Steve jobs will be losing lots and lots of money. Im sure after the first qtr of how crappy sells are due to the bullsh** he is doing he will sell them to anyone and not a contract.

Wasn't it like over 2 million iphones were unaccounted for due to either ppl just jailbreaking them and getting them unlocked.
    It's not bull***** Apple is makeing money hand over fist there doing some thing right. The made the deal with AT&T and we all knew it. So if we whant an Iphone we have to deal with AT&T I do and I have know promblems. But hay you don't whant an Iphone then go some were else.

Like i said can't knock the hustle but Steve jobs will be losing lots and lots of money. Im sure after the first qtr of how crappy sells are due to the bullsh** he is doing he will sell them to anyone and not a contract.

Wasn't it like over 2 million iphones were unaccounted for due to either ppl just jailbreaking them and getting them unlocked?

I won't beleive it till july 11 and i sign on apple.com and it won't let me buy it without a contract!
    Let's see. How can I explain to you how subsidizing works.

Apple makes iPhone 3G, prices at around $300-400. Apple then goes to AT&T and says "Yo, we made a new phone, wanna keep doing what we're doing or do something new?". AT&T replies "**** that, you turned a blind eye on all the people unlocked and not buying contracts. Here's what we're going to do. I'm going to pay you in FULL for every single unit you make for the US. Then I'll take care of selling them with a contract". At this point Apple replies "So let me get this straight. You're going to pay me in advance for every single iPhone you sell, regardless of whether you end up selling less than expected? Where do I sign!"

Quote Originally Posted by bklynjava View Post
    They (AT&T) paid for how many units thats the question?

If they bought 4 million units for nationwide locations then that leaves millions of 3g iphones that are not owned by att to be sold by Apple.

Do you think apple has no rights to sell their own products?

c'mon use your head.
    They do have their rights. Apple just chose to sell it to network providers around the world instead of the consumer and got a ton of money in advance. :P
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 06-09-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They (AT&T) paid for how many units thats the question?

If they bought 4 million units for nationwide locations then that leaves millions of 3g iphones that are not owned by att to be sold by Apple.

Do you think apple has no rights to sell their own products?

c'mon use your head.
    Apple will be selling their iphones at a AT&T kiosk in an Apple Store

Dude you are just not getting it.

I'm surprised about all the complaining over the price. The 8gb 3G at $199 is subsidized!

Current 1st Gen 8gb iPhone: $399
    After contract termination, 1st Mo; 8gb iPhone 3G: $454

So a 3G phone will cost you whopping $54 over the current 8gb iPhone.

Whether it can be unlocked, jailbroken, etc., remains to be seen. However for those who do not want be in a contract, the price of the new iPhone remains essentially the same, just a few more hoops to jump through.

Things work a little different here in Brooklyn I guess.

You walk in the Apple Store tell the kid what you want - You pay and leave.

As far as the whole Kiosk thing read it again. LINK
    AT&T will sell iPhone 3G in more than 2,200 company-owned retail stores and kiosks, as well as through its direct business sales teams.
    DONE|
    Last edited by bklynjava; 06-09-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zanxx View Post
    I'm surprised about all the complaining over the price. The 8gb 3G at $199 is subsidized!

Whether it can be unlocked, jailbroken, etc., remains to be seen. However for those who do not want be in a contract, the price of the new iPhone remains essentially the same, just a few more hoops to jump through.
    When you cancel a contract with a subsidized phone you also have to pay the remainder of the phone's actual price.

Its different know AT ALL stores you HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT or you cant have the phone simple as that. call apple call at&t they'll tell you the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by zanxx View Post

That what I've been saying all along. Exept I didn't know you have to have it for a month before cancelling your contract I thought you could do it right away. No I know and could tell others.

DONE|
    "Gizmodo spoke with AT&T's President of National Distribution Glenn Lurie, who revealed that all iPhone activations will take place in-store. This is in contrast to the current system in which customers may activate their iPhones from home using iTunes. Additionally, Reuters reports that AT&T has said that purchasers who do not activate their iPhones within 30 days will be subject to penalties. No details on these proposed penalties have been made public."

well i live in bc canada.. and there commin out for rogerS!!!!!!

im gonna extend my contract!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    AT&T has said that purchasers who do not activate their iPhones within 30 days will be subject to penalties. No details on these proposed penalties have been made public."
    trust me to find the positive point in a speech talking about penalties to the user, but the above quoted text kind of implies of a way around activating in store

Quote Originally Posted by Argo_Rei View Post
    trust me to find the positive point in a speech talking about penalties to the user, but the above quoted text kind of implies of a way around activating in store
    I did have that in mind when I posted it. I guess no one really knows until July 11. Then again, it's simple. All phone's serial and SIM/ID information is on the box and recorded with each sale right next to your credit information. If you can buy and somehow leave without a contract, they will know.

course they'll know...the question is what will they do, and how long before we find a way around it

DONE|
    Not any more! You whant the Iphone got to activate it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

US carriers:
    ATT 3G = 850 & 1900MHz
    T-Mobile 3G = 1700-2100(together) AWS spectrum.
    3G iPhone = 850,1900, 2100(Europe)

aka no T-Mobile 3G.

course they'll know...the question is what will they do, and how long before we find a way around it
    At best, you'll get charged the full price of phone (given the new hardware, I'd say 499/599).

At worst, they kill your first born.

I think the penalties will be closer to "bricking your phone" than "rape and pillage your family" lol

(what is pillaging btw? )

i cant see it being a problem for this particular community

Quote Originally Posted by mastercyberjedi View Post
    Not any more! You whant the Iphone got to activate it.

I guess the 11th will prove to be a very interesting day.
    And if this is the case it will be a very profitable day for att with all the new contracts.

I been in the mobile arena for some time and never saw a phone I couldn't purchase outright.

This would be a first.

I think the penalties will be closer to "bricking your phone" than "rape and pillage your family" lol

(what is pillaging btw? )

i cant see it being a problem for this particular community

pillaging = when you take pills and age. duh LMAO
    Last edited by bklynjava; 06-09-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Logic
    BINGO!!! :-) agree ! :-)

Ok. Last year, there was iPhone 1. There was "no way" to activate and use without at&t... then jailbreak... then ziphone... then iLiberty... ... .. ........
    ...and pwnage.

Now, there is iPhone 2. CONTRACT ONLY situation...
    Do I really have to say more?!?
    There is a way- Always!
    After July 11. there is August, then September... so many days and hours to be used for finding a "hole". I can put money that I WILL HAVE new iPhone in my (unsupported) country (Serbia) - NO AT&T, NO CONTRACT, activated or better "activated" and just mine
    Guys, don't be so unilateral. Just beleive. Deep inside, I'm sure that every single one of you knows that this contract situation is just a try...
    :-)
    Greetings from Belgrade
    unix

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast