+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G is OFFICIAL and $199 - flush headphones, black, metal buttons, same screen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I hope everyone and their mother has the new iphone, that will make me money on my apple stock. The old iPhone will still have the same cache that it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope everyone and their mother has the new iphone, that will make me money on my apple stock.

The old iPhone will still have the same cache that it always did, the new one looks to be the razr of iphones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Ah.. doing some more reading the Apple store says requires a 2 year AT&T contract, SOLD SEPARATELY. Just like the first phone... you buy the hardware for one price... then go home and buy the service plan through iTunes from AT&T. My guess is that for legit customers, when you plug into iTunes it will just extend your contract 2 years from the date the new phone is activated. If hactivation comes out, existing customers will most likely be able to bypass this contract extension.
    Thats what i want to hear!!! I love my iphone, but am much less fond of att... so why sign on with them for even longer..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

funny thing is we had a pic sent in that really was the iphone 3G and people deemed it fake LMAO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

colorwarepc anyone i think its gonna be the best route to go now lol after seeing real images of the flake in the back body panel i think i might just do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Ah.. doing some more reading the Apple store says requires a 2 year AT&T contract, SOLD SEPARATELY. Just like the first phone... you buy the hardware for one price... then go home and buy the service plan through iTunes from AT&T. My guess is that for legit customers, when you plug into iTunes it will just extend your contract 2 years from the date the new phone is activated. If hactivation comes out, existing customers will most likely be able to bypass this contract extension.
    or its similar to just buying a replacement iphone, go home and activate it using your existing account info

hopefully its like that, just swapping out the old with the new. Might be as simple and putting the old sim card into the 3G phone, they are including a sim ejection tool for some reason.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    How bout a rebate for those of us that spent 400 on a 1st gen phone like 7 weeks ago. Or maybe an upgrade program.
    No chance buddy, only if you bought it within 2 weeks.
    I hate windows..

Thanks

still no video, no native mms two simple things that should have been incuded in there in a first place. Pretty pathetic of them. Unless they will add those two as a surprise features on the 11th

Thanks
    If you want to be exclusive pay more and get one from colorware, that is what i might do. Ferrari red!
    Sent from my iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I think MMS will come with that 3rd party push notification that they'll release in September. Thats how Swirly works... the MMS is not sent directly to your phone, just a notification of availability. I expect to see something by the end of the year to fix this problem. Apple will most likely come out with a few "upgrades" 6-8 weeks prior to Christmas...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sr71blackbird92 View Post
    You can use both of those features with a jailbroken iphone...
    I kno that but wouldnt u rather that come with the phone then having to jailbreak it just to send MMS and Record videos almost every phone have mms and Video recorder

Thanks
    I just read that the iPhone will only be shipping in physical AT&T and Apple stores. The iPhone 3G will not be sold online at all, and when in the AT&T stores you will have to sign up for a plan before you leave the store. I don't know if this is absolutely true but here is the source: TECHNOLOGY Blog | The Dallas Morning News This seems to be something that will limit people being able to unlock phones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pfcfury View Post
    funny thing is we had a pic sent in that really was the iphone 3G and people deemed it fake LMAO
    lol
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T Just released the Press Release regarding iPhone 3G:
    Link: AT&T- News Room

I'll go ahead and quote what everyone here is wondering: "Under the terms of a new agreement with Apple, AT&T remains the exclusive U.S. carrier of the iPhone 3G, which will be available beginning July 11 at a starting price of $199 with a two-year contract."

There you have it. $199 WITH contract THROUGH an AT&T store.

Thanks

Where is the front camera?

I'm dissapointed with it.

I really don't think it will be 199 and 299. I think those are prices for AT&T plan suscribers.

-------------------------
    As my friend above has quoted!!
    Last edited by elnekis; 06-09-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: The above thread says it all!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As much as the exclusivity is cool with the original iphone, I don't understand the bitterness to the new cheaper price of the iphone 3g. It still money saved on our part. For the ones complaining, no upgraded camera, mms, blah blah blah.....are you kidding me. We bought our iphones for $400+ and it still is not better than the new one coming out. Remember, this is going to have better battery life(major plus) and 3G that we all have been complaining about. They finally come out with a 3g and some of you have something new to complain about. I mean, come on....it is only $200 and better than our original iphone. Some of you gotta understand, this is probably a marketing decision why all the complaints were'nt implemented. Maybe in 6 months, they'll come out with a better camera....6 months later, one with mms, and so forth.

All in all, this is a better iphone 3g for $200 only. I don't see anything wrong with this picture. No one will ever make the perfect phone, because they want to be able to keep selling. It will just get better and better but not perfect, IMHO. Just how marketing works.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So are we going to need to sign up with at&t to get the 16gb for $299? Because if thats the case I'll take my iphone off ebay right now and just sell it when its closer to launch.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darko_kun View Post
    So are we going to need to sign up with at&t to get the 16gb for $299? Because if thats the case I'll take my iphone off ebay right now and just sell it when its closer to launch.
    Yes, read my post above.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    seriously, these prices have got to be by getting a legitimate contract. there is no way you can walk into an apple store like before, buy one and walk out....

so so so so cheap
    Ye same. Think you will have to go on contract in store. But saying that maybe the official unlocked iPhone will be around $399 -$599. It's not worth sellin 1st gen for this.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 06-09-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: wrong currency symbols

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, really, what's the point of unlocking it for T-Mobile if you can't even use the 3G? I've got T-Mobile right now on a month to month plan and will be switching to AT&T to get the subsidized price and the 3G. No need to unlock, but I will be jailbreaking it for the apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

rofl the ipod touch 8 GB is still $299 does this mean that it will be $99 soon??

+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast