Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone France, Europe Released + Unlocked Prices

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone France, Europe Released + Unlocked Prices
    November 30th, 2007 - 07:34 Manila, Philippines
    November 30th, 2007 - 00:34 France, Europe

The iPhone is being released today (November 30th) in France, Europe. The network provider is Orange, France. The price including a 2-year contract is the same like in Germany (399.00 Euro). The big surprise though, Orange Telecom is selling a Version of the iPhone for 649.00 Euro without the 2 year contract but that has to be used with their network for 6 month. After that period the iPhone can become SIM-Lock free to use in other networks. If the SIM-Lock wishes to be disabled immediately Orange charges 100.00 more (749.00 Euro total) for the unlocked iPhone.

The monthly costs for the contract iPhone are similar to those of T-Mobile in Germany and also are coming with the downgrade of surfing speed when a certain download volume is reached within a month.

T-Mobile is getting into serious trouble now, since the price in the neighbouring country is 250.00 Euro less than they ask for their unlocked iPhone. They have to stick with the idea to keep the price like that (at 999.00 Euro) and most likely to loose most of the customers to Orange or they will also lower the price for the unlocked iPhone and get quite a few angry customers that they have to deal with through money-back or rebate measurements.

The question is how much influence does Apple have on this kind of competition?

csc2ky

I will get one over the xmas holidays, because i will stay in south france for about 2 weeks. :-)

whats with manila, philippines?

time for the uk to sell iphones to us through ebay and have the price jacked up for a TRUE unlocked iphone

Quote Originally Posted by emotuesdays View Post
    whats with manila, philippines?
    my hometown,where they only cary unlock phones..

Default MMS on Europe iPhone?!
    Check out Apple's downloads, they have a version for the O network that allows users to MMS! What the hell is Apple waiting on with us here in the US, XMAS?!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea what are they waiting on??

Banned
    Thanks

wow....why can't the unlocked iphone just come to America so i don't have to unlock...just jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    But what has it got to do with the story, cash?
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

What with the Manila, Philippines? Will it be released in the Philippines too?

Quote Originally Posted by pleyah69bjay View Post
    this is where i live.. seriously
    im just wondering what it has to do with the article

Isn't MMS (as well as multiple SMS recipients, text forwarding, and all similar bugs) a software issue. What on earth are Apple waiting for to fix these.

What a total MESS Apple has put itself in. Rather than keeping things simple (unlocked and available everywhere), it has decided to completely fragment the distribution of the iphone, making it confusing, annoying and often difficult for customers to acquire, use and travel with the phone.

I have one that is unlocked, but I'm terribly put off by all this. It's crazy! What is the next crazy step Apple will make?

The model Apple is trying to push is going to fail everywhere except in the U.S. and I'm amazed that Apple does not seem to have done any research about the legal questions in its target countries. Right now the company just comes across as arrogant, culturally unaware and insensitive to customer needs and demands.

Apple should really re-think its approach and be strong enough to change quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    But what has it got to do with the story, cash?
    juz playin lol...but seriously releasing unlock iphone in phil. is crazy i juz got back from there im not talking crap about my motherland but kids stealing cp juz like that and goverment cnt do anything.edge and wifi its rarely compatible..

Default It is Apple mistake to follow AT&T .. (only)
    Hi people,

Ithink Apple made it's iPhone for AT&T, AT&T dose not have the MMS (Multimedia Message Servise) as I think or it is not standard, also (VMS) it is not the SMS Standard, there is no 3G Technology (yet) on AT&T Network .... etc.
    That is meaning that Apple follow AT&T and it forgot all what (Nokia or Sonyericsson ar even Motorola), they wont to re-invent (the weel or the iPhone).

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marwantayan View Post
    Hi people,

Ithink Apple made it's iPhone for AT&T, AT&T dose not have the MMS (Multimedia Message Servise) as I think or it is not standard, also (VMS) it is not the SMS Standard, there is no 3G Technology (yet) on AT&T Network .... etc.
    That is meaning that Apple follow AT&T and it forgot all what (Nokia or Sonyericsson ar even Motorola), they wont to re-invent (the weel or the iPhone).
    er. wrong.

AT&T has mms and its standard. Also AT&T is the only U.S. GSM carrier with 3g.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    wow....why can't the unlocked iphone just come to America so i don't have to unlock...just jailbreak
    But the question is will it remain unlocked after all steps of downgrading in order to jailbreak. I have one unlocked bought from Germany and believe me it works only in Germany, nowhere else...I live in Bulgaria and it crashes all the time when i want to make calls or send sms. This is a major problem described in apple forums...in many European countries...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hobie1 View Post
    What with the Manila, Philippines? Will it be released in the Philippines too?
    Sorry guys. I wrote this news and only stated a timestamp when I wrote the news according to my location in the Philippines and with the timemark from France, Europe at that time.

As of now, only gray import phones from the USA are available in the Philippines. There are no news yet when the phone (if at all!) will be released here. IMHO the Philippines market will not so soon be blessed by a release of the iPhone. The market is probably not the right one yet for Apple, so people here will still need to live with the "imported" ones.

Thanks

Are you kidding me, the UK has MMS and we don't? Thats it, im emailing Jobs,
    Dear Mr. Jobs
    I want MMS, Stop holding out on me.
    Love the iPhone.
    Jon.