+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMiThemer - browse/install SummerBoard themes right from your iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cardfelon So anybody know how to use this beta version? I've got Cydia on my phone and installed and when I use the themer and it loads
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
    So anybody know how to use this beta version? I've got Cydia on my phone and installed and when I use the themer and it loads an image it won't fully load. And also how do I install them or how do I find the software to do it?
    When you find a teme you like, "click" on it, then press install in the top right corner.

Install summerboard.app, press themes and choose the one you installed. Also make sure the theme wallpaper, icons and so on are switched on. Then press the home button and your theme should be activated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It seems to be constantly shutting down on me when I try to use it. If that was fixed it would b an excellent application.

It would also be awesome if someone could make that infamous tinkerbell theme installable. I have tried just about everything to get it on my phone and it still isn't working.
    Last edited by SwEeTeStSuNrIzE; 06-08-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwEeTeStSuNrIzE View Post
    It seems to be constantly shutting down on me when I try to use it. If that was fixed it would b an excellent application.

It would also be awesome if someone could make that infamous tinkerbell theme installable. I have tried just about everything to get it on my phone and it still isn't working.
    Do you use a PC or MAC?

If you use a PC you can install tinkerbell with iThemeit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked well so far for me.

Thanks
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the program but when I hit load more it boots me out of the program. It is working good otherwise. sometimes it will let me scroll through a couple of screens before it boots me out and back to main menu on my iphone. running 1.1.4

Green Apple
    Thanks
    great app i love it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Themes not found
    This app works great on my son's phone, but on mine summerboard doesn't
    find the themes. The only thing different between the 2 phones is that on mine I installed boss tool to relocate my apps. Does anyone know if this can cause this issue and if so is their a simple fix....I'm using the most current beta as well..Thanks
    Converted Pocket PC Guy

Thanks

I agree with smackswell, this is too rough to be called a beta: I installed 0.20, installed a few themes and they worked fine. A 3rd theme download froze at 100% progress, the phone rebooted and is now in restore mode (and continues to reboot itself after a minute or so after which it returns to restore....now it is stable in restore mode). Very lame. I should have listened to the disclaimer!!!
    Cut and paste your but.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When I download a theme a temp.arc is created in var/mobile/MMiThemer/tmp and apparently this archive is not transfered to the summerboard theme folder...???????
    Converted Pocket PC Guy

Green Apple
    Thanks

I too have a 1.4 jailbroken iphone and need to restore it. Locked up completely while downloading a theme and now I have to start completely fresh. And in my own idiocy, I don't think I backed up my contacts since the last time I updated my computer. Just great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default uninstall missing from MMi beta
    I have installer 3.11 and summerboard loaded. Just installed the new beta MMi themer. It isn't working and I wanted to remove it. When going into installer however it is not listed. How do you uninstall it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have installed this. I find after scrolling through a couple of pages the program crashes and exits. I have installed a few themes. Some of them show up in summerboard and some do not show up in summerboard.

I have SUID fix installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled this app with the same results. Hope this helps the developers as this is potentially an awesome app. I am running a pwned 1.1.4 iphone
    Last edited by deniser; 06-09-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: typo

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is working perfectly for me on an iplus 1.1.4.(ex 1.0.2)
    alongside modded customize 1.21 and themebuilder.

fantastic job fella's.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the program - it makes a lot more sense to see a preview of a theme before installing it.

I'm just sad that my iToons has a C+ ):

Green Apple
    Thanks

whoops!

it did crash after 5th theme install.
    nothing a hard reset couldnt sort out

Thanks

this app isn't really working for me. When I try to download a theme the download lingers and my phone restarts. I do however believe this is a great app with alot of potential and it has the right ppl working on it!

Developer
    Thanks

Hi poetic_folly,
    If you are reading this, do check your email. I need some info from you to fix the bugs in MMiThemer.

Hi deniser,
    what is the theme that you tried to install, but does not show up in summerboard?

Hi rayc,
    Did it crash again after the 5th installation, or does it always crash with a specific theme?

Hi howlett15,
    what was the theme that you were trying to download?

Hi everyone.....
    if you have problem with MMiThemer,
    1) if it crashes when you are trying to install a Theme, please post the theme name here
    2) if some themes show up in Installer, but some does not, please post the names of themes that show up, and those that doesn't
    3) if the program crashes when you are browsing, please post step-by-step of what you did so I can reproduce it here

Thanks

Please post your enquiries/comments/requests about
    TimeCapsule, moleskine, WildEyes!, Transit and
    MRTSchedule at my website databinge.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the concept but when I'm searching for themes it always closes out of the app. When it doesn't close and I try to download one it just about completes it and then closes out. I've tried it many times and it always does the same thing.
    Last edited by ak54; 06-11-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peeInMyPantz View Post
    Hi poetic_folly,
    If you are reading this, do check your email. I need some info from you to fix the bugs in MMiThemer.

Hi deniser,
    what is the theme that you tried to install, but does not show up in summerboard?

Hi rayc,
    Did it crash again after the 5th installation, or does it always crash with a specific theme?

Hi howlett15,
    what was the theme that you were trying to download?

Hi everyone.....
    if you have problem with MMiThemer,
    1) if it crashes when you are trying to install a Theme, please post the theme name here
    2) if some themes show up in Installer, but some does not, please post the names of themes that show up, and those that doesn't
    3) if the program crashes when you are browsing, please post step-by-step of what you did so I can reproduce it here

Thanks
    Themer is not a big fan of the Stewie theme on my phone, and the Megan Fox theme on bf's phone. Ironically I can install Megan, but it crashes when installing on bf's.

Also, "load more" is usually followed by a crash in the popular and latest sections, and always when searching. As I posted earlier, the search function doesn't find all themes. I tried searching for Stewie and it didn't show, even though i spelled it correctly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same thing happend to me, i didnt have a recent backup so i lost 100s of photos of my newborn and lots of contacts, notes, etc. Note to self... ALWAYS MAKE A CURRENT BACKUP BEFORE YOU MESS WITH BETA SOFTWARE! Other than that its pretty neat app and i liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian View Post
    thanks everyone for the info, i just had to restore my phone and start all over again.

BOOOOO
    i tried ziphone, ibrickr, and iliberty. none of them would kick it out of restore mode. i rebooted my phone like 20 times with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by cockyjeremy View Post
    I'm pretty sure you could just use Ziphone to get it out of restore mode without having to actually restore..
    Last edited by camperchuck1; 06-12-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost