+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to be Showcased at WWDC

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple announced Tuesday that a team of Apple executives, led by CEO Steve Jobs, will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address beginning at
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,270 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone to be Showcased at WWDC
    Apple announced Tuesday that a team of Apple executives, led by CEO Steve Jobs, will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 9, 2008 at San Francisco's Moscone West.

This year's WWDC will showcase two revolutionary development platforms, the ground-breaking innovations of OS X Leopard and OS X iPhone, the company said in a statement.

The five-day event, which runs from June 9 to June 13, will feature the first ever iPhone track for mobile developers with in-depth sessions and hands-on labs to fully explore the capabilities of the OS X iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and the App Store, a new way for developers to wirelessly deliver their applications to iPhone and iPod touch users.

The iPhone track will also enable mobile developers to work side by side with Apple engineers to create fresh applications that leverage iPhone's groundbreaking Multi-Touch user interface, animation technology, rich set of APIs, including programming interfaces for Core OS, Core Services, Media and Cocoa Touch technologies, built-in three axis accelerometer and geographical location technology to deliver truly innovative mobile applications.

Meanwhile, this year's Mac track is being organized to give newcomers and seasoned veterans alike the technical foundation and techniques needed to develop world-class OS X Leopard applications with sessions that discuss every level of the system, including interface design and implementation, application frameworks, security, localization and networking.

In total, WWDC 2008 will offer over 150 information-rich sessions and labs where Apple engineers will go in-depth on the innovative technologies that power OS X iPhone and OS X Leopard, the company said. Developers are encouraged to bring their own code to the labs and work one-to-one with Apple engineers, applying development methods and best-practices gained from sessions to enhance their applications.

Other activities at Apple's WWDC 2008 include:

* presentation sessions led by engineers that provide an in-depth look at OS X iPhone, OS X Leopard and innovative tools and technologies such as the iPhone SDK, Cocoa Touch, Interface Builder, Xcode and more;
    * practical hands-on sessions where attendees can learn Apple's own coding strategies and techniques;
    * technology labs where attendees can work one-to-one with Apple engineers; and
    * special events, including the Welcome Reception, Apple Design Awards, Lunchtime Speakers and Stump the Experts

[via appleinsider] thanks nickmc01

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

agentfubu (06-07-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

um. WOW. was not expecting all that... information... ***head spins like beetlejuice***

4. The Following User Says Thank You to b3nny For This Useful Post:

huntor (06-07-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sickkkkkkkkk Cant Waittttttttttt

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummmm. I hate weekends

Thanks

looking forward to next week, can't wait to upgrade my iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just hope it gets jailbroken quickly.

Thanks

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere on this site, but I wonder what AT&T and Apple will do for current iphone owners that want to upgrade to 3G iphone ie sign another 2yr contract.. if in fact it come out as speculated. 2ndly wondering if in fact it comes out how long it will be till it is jailbroken and all the cool apps we have now on 1st gen. installer,cydia

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i hope it meets my expectations

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liquidcool View Post
    i hope it meets my expectations
    It won't, because it can't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What do yall think will happen to current iphones who are in need of the apple iphone replacement program? Are they going to tell me that I cannot get a new iPhone (even 1st gen) for $250? I am in need of the iphone replacement program, just waiting to see what will happen... interesting.

What's Jailbreak? iphonemagic12345's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope this is not a rumor. and it's real.

wait? so really the iphone 2.0 firmware is Monday.
    is it if the appstore is ready they will release it

I hope 2.0 Monday.
    Last edited by iphonemagic12345; 06-08-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

it says notin about the new 3g 2nd gen ipgone or wtvr it is!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Glad I unloaded my 1st gen 4MB 2 days ago for 400.00 After Monday it'll be worth far less I suspect.

Thanks

will this be streamed live?

Thanks

no cameras are allowed in the venue so no lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

11:38 am 3G has great battery life on iPhone. 300 hours of standby, 2G talk-time now has 10 hours (as opposed to 5), 5 hours of 3G talk-time (most phones only have 3 hour 3G talk time), 5 to 6 hours of high-speed browsing, 7 hours of video, 24 hours of audio.

11:37 am Now demoing an email download. The email attachment took 5 seconds to download on 3G and 18 seconds on EDGE. 3 seconds on WiFi.

11:36 am 2.8X faster. Approaching WiFi speeds (WiFi scored 17 seconds). When compared to other 3G phones (Nokia N95 and Treo 750), the iPhone is 36% faster -- and better looking.

11:35 am How does the iPhone 3G tackle the challenges? 3G = faster data downloads, perfect for Safari and Mail. Comparing download speeds between 3G and EDGE. 3G finished in 21 seconds. EDGE finished in 59 seconds.

11:33 am Apple has learned so much with the first iPhone. They have taken everything they've learned and more and created the iPhone 3G. Even thinner, black plastic back, solid metal buttons, same gorgeous display, camera, flush headphone jack, and dramatically improved audio.