+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looks like its about time for 3G

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
some ppl think about the 3g capability only, but what they dont think about is about all the different applications that would be better used like the essential Chat, followed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink hmmm
    some ppl think about the 3g capability only, but what they dont think about is about all the different applications that would be better used like the essential Chat, followed by p2p programs that would use ur 1.5Mbps speed or maybe faster... Also the ability to access ur mac or pc from "literally" ANYWHERE and tranfer big files faster. And many others.. So for those of u who r not yet convinced about why 3G is useful, let me know just one reason 3g is not useful for you. Period.

P.s.. Do not mention the battery, thats obvious...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid_fx2 View Post
    with the (pending) arrival of the 3G iPhone, Would this cause 1st gen iPhones to decrease in price or stay the same - from apple as well as resellers?
    I'm not sure how to answer that, the question is WILL there be any TO decrease in price... you can't get them for love nor money right now (from apple or resellers)... ebay is probably the place to go!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhacker27 View Post
    So for those of u who r not yet convinced about why 3G is useful, let me know just one reason 3g is not useful for you. Period.

P.s.. Do not mention the battery, thats obvious...
    Personally 3G isn't enough to upgrade, there aren't enough times when I'm far from an open wireless connection to justify the cost of the phone and the subscription to 3G (I'm unlocked in Europe). As for big files, well until some apps come along that require a continuous speedy connection and that actually require transfer of large files, it's still not for me.

I can see that there will be a bunch of Business apps coming where 3G + iPhone will be a god send, this is really where the iphone is going to kick @ss, then if it suits, I may take the plunge.

But this is personal thoughts and of course many will feel the need to upgrade to an iphone with 3G, and I say go for it! Don't get me wrong, I love my Iphone and have pages of apps I use all the time, but she'll do me just fine for a while... (that being said, apple might surprise us with 3G AND GPS, and then, well maybe I'll think different... let's wait till Monday)
    Last edited by rudi; 06-06-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sometimes I download songs on P2P networks. I think 3G might be much faster in that regard. I won't make the change just for that though.

I don't completely understand the hype of GPS. Don't you know where you are or where you're going? Or is it just bragging rights to show to your friends? Buy a freakin TomTom, they have more capabilities.

Show me 32 gb and I'll take the 3G and GPS and whatever else comes with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post

I don't completely understand the hype of GPS. Don't you know where you are or where you're going? Or is it just bragging rights to show to your friends? Buy a freakin TomTom, they have more capabilities.
    It's certainly not about Bragging rights, and BTW I have a TomTom for the car, but I'm not about to carry it around EVERYWHERE I go. Apple does a great job of putting stuff in one package and actually doing it well (which is hard to get these days). If GPS is included I'll have it wherever I go since I take my phone everywhere. Second it's also not always about knowing where you are or where you are going, its also about finding anything and everything that's nearby you and how to get there (especially when simply out and about on foot). You also sound a little defensive for some reason... if you haven't tried navigation devices, don't knock them...

Green Apple
    Thanks

All I need to know is if the 3G iPhone will work with the new ATT Mobile TV Service. Thats the deal breaker for me. I'm really hoping it will, if not im getting a Vu. Id imagine they would have advertised that though, but they really havent advertised the 3G iPhone at all (kind makes me weary of all this, but that's another thread....)...

So does anyone know if it will/will not work with Mobile TV?

Green Apple
    Thanks

The google maps do a job of finding nearby stuff and it's on the current iPhone that you can take anywhere.

I have factory nav in all 3 of my cars, Corvette, Camry, CX-7. Let's just say, I'm familiar. They're cute, but not practical if you know where you're going.

I'm not really known for getting lost on foot, but that's just me. I usually have a pretty good idea where I'm going. My 20/20 vision is a reasonably good source of knowing what's around me.

Again, I don't completely understand the hype of GPS on the iPhone. I think it's just bragging rights. But if that's what you want and you are spending your money, go for it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12