+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The AppStore Opens Monday, June 9th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to a recent report on cnet Apple will be launching the AppStore on Monday providing iPhone and iPod Touch users everywhere with the ability to buy 3rd party apps.
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default The AppStore Opens Monday, June 9th

According to a recent report on cnet Apple will be launching the AppStore on Monday providing iPhone and iPod Touch users everywhere with the ability to buy 3rd party apps.

A source at a software company that has been working on a native iPhone application tells us the company is getting ready to launch that application on Monday, which could also imply that Apple's App Store will be up and running that day.
    If this turns out to be the case then we can also expect the release of iPhone firmware version 2.0 on monday. It'll be an exciting Monday with the 3g iPhone, AppStore, and 2.0 all being announced / released.

[cnet via iphonealley]

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Apple iPie (06-05-2008), kainisable (06-05-2008), MaXedout (06-05-2008), Pantera (06-05-2008), ToasterBoyOhFour (06-05-2008)

Thanks

yay! 1st!
    No, really, it looks to be a good Monday.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

NEW ZEALAND -> drop me a line if you live here too
    Thanks

Default no so much
    this is all rumours and hoo ha

the only thing for real is proly the 2.0 release and i wont be surpirsed if we have to pay for it

and their is not enough official hype around the 3g iphone its all gander and rumours so my bets is that the 3g iphone wont b released neither with snow leopard

the best we can hope for is that the 3g iphone and snow leopard are mentioned are release dates are confirmed on monday, think about it there aint no real hype

Thanks

I hope this is true, because I lost my job just now for this; they added me to the schedule for Monday, and I said 'You are going to have to fire me if you expect me to work Monday, June 9th' and so they did...

Hopefully the cable company doesn't shut off my connection before Monday...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

chief-j (06-05-2008), jusasweet69 (06-06-2008), kainisable (06-05-2008), Shawcross (06-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I hope this is true, because I lost my job just now for this; they added me to the schedule for Monday, and I said 'You are going to have to fire me if you expect me to work Monday, June 9th' and so they did...

i hope ur exaggerating gl

Banned
    Thanks

i went to the at&t store today and i was talking to a sales person and i told him i thought they'd release it at the end of the month like the first one. and he just shook his head and said it'd be alot earlier then that..

i hope everyones right, bc my iphones screen wont react to touch anymore. i've replaced the screen once but it was sh!t.

(word of advice: dont buy replacement screens from third party websites. dead pixels out the butthole. and it slowly lost it's touch ability starting from the top and it slowly made it's way down screen.)
    Last edited by huntor; 06-05-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: i wont be censored.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This could be the most retarded thing I have heard in 2008. You are just as bad as those World of Warcraft addicts that lose everything they own for that game.
    ---

I'm just waiting for 2.0 and the AppStore.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulishuku For This Useful Post:

bjlawrence11 (06-06-2008), Napoleon_PhoneApart (06-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hopefully they'll handle this like that last major firmware, free for iPhone users and a low price for iPod Touch users. Can't wait until Monday!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

didnt they already state when they launched the SDK that it would be a free upgrade to all iPhone users and a possible small fee for iPod users similiar to last time. Someone should check that out because im almost 100%positivie if they really want to know.

PS - Will 2.0 be pwnable out the gate or does it look like we will be waiting a couple/few weeks?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

We will have to wait a day max probably just a few hours it depends how long it will take to dl 2.0

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I will not survive the weekends

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the AppStore itself will have a fee for Touch users since the main idea behind the app to buy apps. The reason previous apps cost money for Touch users is because AT&T gives Apple money for every iPhone contract, so iPhone users already "pay" for the apps. Since Touch users only pay the unit fee and nothing more, the legal team or someone else requires a price behind the apps for them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jobs DID say it would possibly incur a small fee on iPod Touch user. I really don't understand the "hey, please pay us money to be able to pay us money" approach, but what do you know.

And considering the way EVERY announcement from Apple over the last couple of years; of course the app store will launch Monday, of course the 3G iPhone will launch Monday, and quite possibly Snow Leopard will also launch Monday - less certain about that last one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ha, at least I was able to realize this was a joke, unlike a few others who clearly have no sense of humor.

Thanks

cant wait for the official release of 2.0

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    You have to, Apple iPie -- who's gonna pull me from the depths of despair as I ship my Indonesia-bound iPhone (eBay) tomorrow and wait for iPhone v2?!?!
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 06-05-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

I have cleaned this thread.

I was going to explain to ya'll the humor behind a dig @ digg users. I was also going to explain why resorting profanity and name calling to make a point shows the level of your maturity and intelligence to be nothing short of lacking.

Suddenly I don't feel the need this is all you get. Read this.

Thanks

Well anyone that's counting on rogers releasing the iPhone this month is mistaken. I've gotten word from someone within rogers that it will not be released till later this year. From what I was told it will be here just before Christmas.

Once I get details on the features and can confirm 3g model and if gps is included I will post back.

LOL sorry Canada!
    Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Last edited by lighter; 06-05-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

You guys are all supposed to be iPhone, iTouch nerds right? (Look how I sneakily used the third person to avoid labelling yours truly ) Well I'm 98% sure the reason iTouch users will pay for appstore is because 2.0 will enable them to have the stocks, maps, weather apps etc, which I'm fairly sure you guys have been starved of so far. OK, no I'm wrong, that update is already out (I just checked befopre I made myself look like the idiot I am - phew!) So I guess once more Steve Jobs is holding out his hand to all the iTouch users, and asking them to swivel upon his finger.
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 06-05-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    You have to, Apple iPie -- who's gonna pull me from the depths of despair as I ship my Indonesia-bound iPhone (eBay) tomorrow and wait for iPhone v2?!?!
    I cant,I have exams.