+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: German iPhones Unlocked via iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This may have been already said, but I can't imagine apple doesnt do a cross check of the serial number/IMEI of iphones sold in germany and your phone when you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default itunes cross schecking with t-mobile
    This may have been already said, but I can't imagine apple doesnt do a cross check of the serial number/IMEI of iphones sold in germany and your phone when you plug it into itunes and request an unlocking.

So I doubt this method will help american iphones to be unlocked because the itunes database will cross check if that serial number/IMEI is actually a german t-mobile phone and thus allowed to be unlocked.

although like others have mentioned, maybe someone can set up a proxy and a backend server that emulates the apple databse, but i cant see that being very simple to set up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    So we all know that the factory unlocked iPhone was coming, but we didn't know how it would get here.

Would it be straight out of the box unlocked? The answer is no. When someone in Germany buys an unlocked iPhone the IMEI is first send straight to Apple. It takes Apple about 24 hours to update their database.

At that point you just plug your iPhone into itunes and it is unlocked within seconds. This shows that iTunes is in fact capable of unlocking the iPhone. Will this system be hacked creating a whole new kind of unlock? We'll see . . .

via macrumors
    good analysis sir..im thinking also that
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    They'll probably release some sort of Itunes emulator, that tells itunes that your IMEI needs to be unlocked.

I hope it comes out soon!
    Possibly.

So if i get it from Germany would i be able to unlock it in Australia?
    Last edited by yowiphone; 12-11-2007 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

Default And the french..
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    So we all know that the factory unlocked iPhone was coming, but we didn't know how it would get here.

Would it be straight out of the box unlocked? The answer is no. When someone in Germany buys an unlocked iPhone the IMEI is first send straight to Apple. It takes Apple about 24 hours to update their database.

At that point you just plug your iPhone into itunes and it is unlocked within seconds.
    Nice post.
    Are the new french unlocked phones unlocked in the same way?
    Would be interesting to capture and compare both (German.. French.. ) in lab type conditions , including sniffers etc..
    DESIMLOCK : Après cette étape qui se fait généralement avec Anysim ( ou unlock par exemple ) vous pourrez mettre votre sim et vous servir de votre iPhone avec le mode téléphonie. Tout sera 100% fonctionnel après cette étape.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daveparki View Post
    but just thinking ......... if they can unlock phones through itunes,......... what stops them locking illegally unlocked ones, just a thought, regards
    Simple, because its not illegal to unlock a phone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Man these are alot of $$
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123