Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iPhone Will Have GPS. Wont Have GPS.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default 3g iPhone Will Have GPS. Wont Have GPS.
    Two "Sources." One day. Minutes apart.

Basically the 3g iPhone will have GPS included. The 3g iPhone also will not have GPS included.

TUAW today has learned today that the 3g iPhone will have GPS and a black shiny case. Of course we have been expecting GPS this entire time and nearly every publication on the web agrees that yes, the 3g iPhone will have GPS.

TUAW has also confirmed that all of the original details of the 2nd generation iPhone that Engadget originally repoted are true. These include:

-About the same size and shape
    -3g
    -GPS
    -Back case no longer metal
    -Chrome buttons
    -Smoother edges
    -Headphone jack not recessed
    -Approximately same size/resolution screen

So celebrate, the 2nd generation iPhone will have those features you have been expecting. Unless . . .

Macscoop reported today that one of their trusted sources told them that the 3g iPhone will of course be 3g but will not have GPS. Yup, the 2nd generation iPhone will basically be the same as the 1st generation with quicker internet speeds and less battery life.

Let me summarize everything for you. The 2nd generation iPhone is coming sometime soon. We expect Steve Jobs to announce it June 9th. You can not buy the iPhone from Apple.com right now. It will have 3g. For everything else, choose whichever trusted source you'd like, sit back, relax, and enjoy the news and rumors that we'll be keeping you up to date on for another few days.

did you see the photo that TUAW posted along with it? It was obviously, badly photoshopped. You can see where the edit (staticy ring around it - it was saved in a lossy format) has been made to put in the apple logo. The fact that this crap keeps making news is kind-of sickening. It's the same crap over and over, and it seems like no-one even attempts to make any kind of verification anymore...

I think it's going to have to have GPS. I think the backlash will be too high if it doesn't.

Worst case cenario, I can see their being a few different models, maybe one including GPS, and one not.

Thanks

thats good. but...i dont want to believe macscoop. Apple wouldn't do that to us would they?...

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daffysam22 View Post
    did you see the photo that TUAW posted along with it? It was obviously, badly photoshopped. You can see where the edit (staticy ring around it - it was saved in a lossy format) has been made to put in the apple logo. The fact that this crap keeps making news is kind-of sickening. It's the same crap over and over, and it seems like no-one even attempts to make any kind of verification anymore...
    oh that picture, maybe i should post a new article about that picture . . .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no, no, no... if this is true [which i hope not] this is definitely not good news for me
    jailbroken iPod Touch FW 1.1.4
    80GB PS3 - PSN: thunderkat069
    PSP Slim white
    Black MacBook running OS X 10.5.2
    no iPhone. yet... 3G here i come!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

have yalls seen iclarified.com? they say they have a trusted source as well that said we are going to get let down and there won't be any gps nor video confernce? don't lash out on me thats what i read.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    have yalls seen iclarified.com? they say they have a trusted source as well that said we are going to get let down and there won't be any gps nor video confernce? don't lash out on me thats what i read.
    their trusted source is macscoop

I definitly think that 2gen iPhone will be the same as the first with only 3g chip added.
    The rest is onşy software which we all know about as in the 2.0 update.
    Why would Apple imrpve the 2gen iPhone soooo much while they could wait and hold out some stuff for the 3 gen.
    They already have the new App store, the new sync features with exchange, business usage, some new features in general.
    There still is the hype about the iphone and none of the other companies came up with anything close to the interface.
    So why would Apple put som many improvements all at once while the competition is so far behind.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to canoiphone For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (06-05-2008)

^^^ Finally someone with a brain on these forums. What's the point in giving the end user a ton of features if just one is enough to sell them?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If it doesn't have gps though y would everyone who has one get the new phone. It would be a bad move

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

apple doesnt care about us. get over it. they want money. more money to put towards competing with microsoft, (even if there is no competition anymore) they will funnel us new apps and features slowly thru about 10 generations of iphones. remember the ipod? there was a period of a couple years where i couldnt even keep up with all the new ipods comin out. didnt hear all those customers bitchin? cause they were too busy scrambling to buy the new gen.

people will buy it,
    even if it is just thicker and 32gb,
    we all know this,
    apple definately does.
    dont be suckers and think apple gives two shits.
    buy it or not.
    most of us dont even use the 1st gen to its full potential.
    just my 2 cents.