Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Shot of the 3g iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hey guys its a fake look at the headphone plug-in apple is going to change that so we don't have to use an adapter to plug things in. Rake Point
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey guys its a fake look at the headphone plug-in apple is going to change that so we don't have to use an adapter to plug things in.

Rake Point invites you to enjoy Steve Jobs keynote on June 9th at 12 P.M. EDT. We will be broadcasting live.

Home Page
    rakepoint.com

Live Broadcasting will be held at:
    rakepoint.com/wwdc

The Live Broadcast page will be locked until June 8th. We will unlock this page 24 hours before the actual coverage.

Last edited by ephoneman; 06-01-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

looks real (look at exeias post) but it dose kinda look kinda unappleish my guess is that its a moded iphone with a diffrent back plate (u can by them) and this cant be at a apple store because its cleary a proto-type: no serial # or thing that says iphone (u no how apple puts the name of everything on the back/bottom. or it might be hella good photo shop (exias post look at the light and ****)

final gusse: its a normal iphone that had its white back plate taken of with a black put in its place

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Fake
    It's obvious that it's a fake. Look at the top left corner, you can see a little part of black that shouldn't be there from when the person photoshoped the original iPhone.

Thanks
    it looks like colorware's Stealth iPhone with some photoshop but if it looks like that i wont mind
    PS. i cant find the 2.0 beta download

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chancre_scolex View Post
    Arent we all high and mighty? Just because youre old doesnt mean youre right.
    he is right its nothing more then a black cover... check the previous posts and please stop while your behind

btw someone tell the admins that this picture is a confirmed old iphone black cover mod so people can stop masturbathing over this forum saying its fake photoshopped and real... fk
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 06-01-2008 at 06:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Still don't believe it. Just gotta wait and see.

Thanks
    yepp

Green Apple
    Thanks

i doubt this is real it looks exactly like the 1st one no sense in making the 2nd gen this similar!

Thanks
    if the release is in 8 days i dont see y apple doesn't put anything on there website?

Thanks

nice photoshop. To bad you can see pixelated edges around the top corners, and the lighting doesn't look real either. Looks as if it was rendered.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank for creating more buzz.... I'm excited about the 3g iphone, so I appreciate the information.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wendycharles For This Useful Post:

rosswaycaster (06-01-2008)

Thanks

Don't really care for the new look, i care more for new functions and features. But thats just me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So far, my vote is for the Sharpie version with the 3Gay in second. I know we have some excellent Photoshoppers here. As long as fake rumors are flying around, lets really give 'em something to talk about.

Thanks

There ya go no recessed ear phone jack Photoshop fixes everything

btw this is a chop not a photoshop cause i only did it in 20 - 30 seconds lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Haha yup i am sure they do... But I must say... Its not just a phone its a completely modable device (thanks hackers)! lol

About the 3G!!! I have been living in Europe for about 14 years -- (Italy, UK, Germany). We have had 3g for some time now and I can say its not used much. In fact I dont know many people that do use it. What i found i that the video conferencing is very slow and choppy. Downloading from phone servers is a bit faster but nothing like when I am connected to WiFi even at isdn speed. I am also wondering how practicle the video conferencing will be unless there is a second camera on the front of the iPhone as well (like some Nokias/Mot's).

I have decided that while I am a gadget freak i will stay with my current 16g iPhone. It has done me good. Unless, Apple made the battery accessable...NOT! :-(

One last unrelated note--- I can proudly say that the iPhone withstood the extreme harsh environments of Afghanistan..(sand storms etc...) and yup no scratches on the screen!! :-)
    yup the ifon is very durable... mine fell on the pavement.. got soaked in da rain..n fell on other places too.. still works like a new one.. no scratches on da screen btw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyboy_1 View Post
    yup the ifon is very durable... mine fell on the pavement.. got soaked in da rain..n fell on other places too.. still works like a new one.. no scratches on da screen btw
    cant say the same myself, huge cracks in my screen :/ dropped from my truck, and cracked the screen but did not hurt the digitizer thank goodness. but still anoying for a 3 foot fall

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exekias View Post
    as mentioned above this is all speculation but here is the full version of the above photo....

in saying alll this, most of the iphone "fakes" seem to be quite resonable, and there is even a pic of the 3g iphone in white, and we all no that apple likes to start off with their patent colours, black, silver nd white and then they expand to the rainbow
    If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on this full view shot as being the fake. View your iphone from the back, and you'll notice you're able to see the backside of the front port because the rear is much more recessed than the actual shot in the original post.

From looking at the OP's image, you cannot see the port's inner wall as you can on current iphones.

Interesting attention to detail if it is fake, but in either case I'm still looking forward to the eventual iphone2 announcements and impending media blitz. You can bet much of it is going to tout just how much market share the iphone has taken from the bigger standbys in such a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcfury View Post

There ya go no recessed ear phone jack Photoshop fixes everything

btw this is a chop not a photoshop cause i only did it in 20 - 30 seconds lol
    And it shows Just adjust the brightness/contrast to see the pixel differences in the blending :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Real Shot of the 3g iPhone?-picture-2.png  
    Last edited by x999x; 06-01-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Can't believe all of you guys are buying this..
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello..did anyone read the post about the "iPhone black" on the AT&T website? Isn't is possible that the 3g iPhone is black?

Quote Originally Posted by pfcfury View Post
    cant say the same myself, huge cracks in my screen :/ dropped from my truck, and cracked the screen but did not hurt the digitizer thank goodness. but still anoying for a 3 foot fall
    Lol...Dropped it off my stairs down two stories on tile, in a puddle, shot by an airsoft gun...One small scratch on the screen. Apple said it was a scratch proof screen. Boy did they nail us there.
    Last edited by koolksmart; 06-01-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bet the guy who "Photoshopped" this and sent it in is just laughing his head off at all the hype!