Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The first Peer to Peer iPhone game.

excellent, bookmarked it.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Default Glitch
    Quote Originally Posted by e39m5 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I developed this game with Zealth. Can you go a little more in depth with the bug where you hit your opponent but it says you missed?
    Were you playing on your iPhone?
    Otherwise, what browser were you in?
    How did you know you hit?

I'll be sending you PMs as well.

Regarding the "invincible" bug, we'll have a fix for that uploaded soon.

Thanks,
    E39M5
    I got the invincible glitch to work by going to my history and then selecting a previous page from the battleship game. The screen that i got to said "Hack" (screenshot attatched) and then i went back and continued my game and everytime my opponent chose my ship it said miss and there would be a silver square behind my ship.(Attatched)

Also, if for some reason the game is finding you an opponent and you press the x on the top right and then refresh you end up playing yourself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture1.png   -glitch.png  
    Last edited by Hackme; 11-24-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Also, when you say only one person can hit, and the others miss .. is this confirmed by the other person, or does it just seem like you're missing everytime because they're hidden so well? Does it only happen during certain times (first time you registered, private games first person to join, private games 2nd person to join, after you click "new game") etc.

Good effort on this one - Is the technology resident inside the existing iPhone to be able to play two player games with another iPhone without the web much like the Nintendo DS?

sky - I imagine there is a way to connect them to play games through wifi when you're connected to the same network (or even diff. ones). Also its possible through Edge, it would just require the program to consult a webpage and send back results.

Thanks

I wish somebody would port a race game or flight simulator that is controlled by the accelerometer and is just the full screen no buttons exept maybe multiple taps

P2P racing would be pretty kickass!

Dash - would you be satisfied with a drag-racing type p2p game, or would it have to go around a track?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

it seems glitchy with the positioning of the ships, but sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Zealth View Post
    Dash - would you be satisfied with a drag-racing type p2p game, or would it have to go around a track?
    I'd definitely prefer a track. Only because drag is just shifting a couple times and it's over. Track requires steering which changes all of the time. (I do know it would be harder of course). Maybe start small? Like a "micro machines" thing, then if that works, step it up to 1st person and life size.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have just played the game and it worked fine, no bug, nothing....but I lost

I thought that the bug was gone....but no, now I have the same problem again... the old bug!!
    Last edited by Chandler86; 11-25-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I haven't played since the bug but will try again soon. As far as the details of the bug it was a public game, my first game, and if I hit the enemy it was impossible to know because it would register as a regular miss. I must have filled 50% of the screen in a diagonal line pattern and didn't have a single hit

Just played and it went fine but thats not to say its no longer a problem
    Last edited by dcr1256; 11-25-2007 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Update

Default I'm in love..
    Just as i was getting bored of the slightly modded i phone i have.. this came out..thank you!!!

I was almost ready to switch back to my Dash or MDA or even go with a sidekick like old times.. i know sad huh.. but i live off of my phones.

I just found out about the game and havent played it yet.. it says waiting for oppponent.. maybe its still to early in the morning!

Hey. I just pushed an update to fix the invincible bug. Let me know if you run into any more problems with it.

Also, you should no longer be able to "play yourself"

Let me know if you find anything else.

Thanks,
    e39m5

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive tried it a few times but never gotten past the waiting for opponent screen (short attention span)... One thing, if you go to another page on your phone while at the waiting for opponent screen it brings you to a "hack" page. I'm guessing this is the patch for the play against yourself thing but just incase

I'll try it again now!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Ive tried it a few times but never gotten past the waiting for opponent screen (short attention span)... One thing, if you go to another page on your phone while at the waiting for opponent screen it brings you to a "hack" page. I'm guessing this is the patch for the play against yourself thing but just incase

I'll try it again now!
    Same here.. its been like 10 mins already and i've tried a few times over and over... i also got the HACKED screen.. wasnt sure why though..

i'm dying to play someone already.. on my tmobile sidekick i was in love with the fact we were playing other peers and its a great game.. but now im like dying to get it to work on my IPHONE...hehe!!

Its kind of hit or miss (no pun intended) with getting an opponent, kind of have to get on the game at the right time. That's why we're working on a computer version and also a way to tell how many people are currently playing games so you know if it will be long. For now I suggest you get a friend and start a private game :-). I'll be on it as much as I can so people can get a chance to play.

Is is just me or has design been forgotten?

Functionality is great but if you really want people to play the game and enjoy it, a clean and well designed interface is essential.

esch-
    Are you talking about how the design looks on an iPhone or browser? I realise that it probably doesn't look the best in a full browser, however it was meant to be played on the iPhone..

love it
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast