Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileTerminal - 1st iPhone GUI app released!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default MobileTerminal - 1st iPhone GUI app released!
    The first 3rd party GUI app for the iPhone has been released! From the GoogleCode page:

MobileTerminal.app, a terminal emulator application for the iPhone. MobileTerminal.app is NOT an SSH client, nor Telnet for that matter. It can however be used to execute a console ssh-client application.

Sources are now available, if you have a working toolchain you can obtain them by doing:

svn checkout http://mobileterminal.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mobileterminal

UPDATES

2007-08-03 9:45pm Allen Porter

The terminal is a bit more polished off now:

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

if only i could get ssh to work... ahh ill have to wait for a gui version... aghhh to be a noob

Hey poetic folly, how about the games? Theres Tetris and shoot 'em zunes games application binaries for the iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Show me.

Quote Originally Posted by fdot View Post
    if only i could get ssh to work... ahh ill have to wait for a gui version... aghhh to be a noob
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

Worked for me perfectly. SSH is running just fine except the Terminal app doesn't like colors, so if the server you are connecting has colors for things like the command prompt and ls, then it will display the color codes next to the text, and make it barely readable. Other than that this app works great. I am so happy to finally be able to use ssh on my phone

Anyone get vim, or .bash_profile working properly yet? Alias' won't stay if you close the app. I tried putting them in /var/root/.bash_profile but it doesn't want to read it.

soo.. what exactly can you do with mobile terminal of you cant do ssh with it? just logout and exit!?

hopefully the next step will be emulators like snes or something, that would be awesome!

mmm nes on the iphone... would be awesome if someone could hack a usbcord and a nes controller togather lol

why cant i embed this.. edit.. this poetic folly

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

a simple google search pulled up a few options... one is already on this site: http://www.modmyi.com/apps/tictactoe/

or you can just go with a quality version of (free) bejeweled:
    http://www.gamestooge.com/2007/07/30...pcap-for-free/

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Antiflash - those are web apps. We know about them, I listed them on our site. Check out modmyi.com/apps (or app.modmyi.com from your iPhone) for a complete list of them.

What we're talking about here is actual apps that run ON YOUR iPHONE, no need for an internet connection or Safari - they are complete localized apps.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrkg View Post
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

Worked for me perfectly. SSH is running just fine except the Terminal app doesn't like colors, so if the server you are connecting has colors for things like the command prompt and ls, then it will display the color codes next to the text, and make it barely readable. Other than that this app works great. I am so happy to finally be able to use ssh on my phone

Anyone get vim, or .bash_profile working properly yet? Alias' won't stay if you close the app. I tried putting them in /var/root/.bash_profile but it doesn't want to read it.
    I used the same process to get SSH installed....but how do you go about SSHing to the iPhone? In windows? I tried searching, but no info...

Show me
    Hey poetic_folly, heres the link to iTetris and tic tac toe (I hope you know how to install them)

http://ellkro.jot.com/WikiHome/iPhone%20Apps

Enjoy!
    Last edited by theviolator; 08-05-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    I used the same process to get SSH installed....but how do you go about SSHing to the iPhone? In windows? I tried searching, but no info...
    Use an SSH client like Putty and just ssh to the phones IP: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

digitalkid56
    OMG once I setup SSH and SFTP on my iphone.. Why isn't everyone doing it?? No more cables, no more jailbreak, no more iphoneinterface/iphuc..

Straight SFTP drag and drop icons/ringtones/files to your phone.. no more locking/jailbreaking/relocking..

Why is no one talking about this on the forums?? Am I just reading the wrong threads??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i like how the guy from teh google group is using the very first operator tag i ever made

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ha, holla. MMi ftw. MirrorminD ftw.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrkg View Post
    Use an SSH client like Putty and just ssh to the phones IP: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
    Thanks, its gainig access.... but not sure of login or pass, i tried dottie but i get access denied. Do you know login info from using the ssh kit?

EDIT - I think I may have it.. Root is login...Pass is dottie?

EDIT 2 - Got it working....thanks for the info.... Just a quick question, is there something special needed to be done to browse to like an Applications folder as too the text is son long, and when it drops down to the next line, it removes some of the text...for ex.

chmod +x /Applications/VRecord.app/vrecord - when adding this text, once you get to Vrecord...it takes out the chmod and goes to the next line starting with +x and then it comes up file or directory not found, what special needs to be done to type long text?
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 08-06-2007 at 05:41 PM.

so, with this terminal app running (munay!!) has anyone been able to get an ssh client onf the phone (ssh from the phone to say, a server)? That would make this phone great for us unix admins out there :-p

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

How can we get this running on our iPhones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast