+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone pwns PSP - iControlPad

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
ZodTTD, creator of popular console emulators such as gpsPhone, psx4all, NES, SNES, and Genesis has stated that a team of hackers has been busy building prototypes for what's called the
    Thanks

Default iPhone pwns PSP - iControlPad
    ZodTTD, creator of popular console emulators such as gpsPhone, psx4all, NES, SNES, and Genesis has stated that a team of hackers has been busy building prototypes for what's called the iControlPad.

Pictured above, the new gamepad will give iPhone and iPod Touch users the ability to play games the way they were intended to be played, on a gamepad. On May 17th, the first prototype had been completed. The team gave the controller a psp look. It looks very sleek, and doubles as a protective case. Things are progressing fast and no modifications have to be made to use it. You simply slide in your iPhone and it locks into the controller via the dock connector. There will be full source code and SDK support in the near future! iPod Touch users will be able to buy a seperate controller specifically designed for the iPod Touch providing a snugger fit. The team does plan on manufacturing the controllers, and prices are said to be well worth what it will give to the iPhone.
    A few prototype photos have been posted on icontrolpad.com, but for more news, updates, and ordering info, check out ZodTTD: Home Of Homebrew or iControlPad - Add real gaming controls to your iPhone!
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 05-23-2008 at 04:02 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

anikation (05-25-2008), JAG2621 (05-30-2008), JazJon (08-31-2008), macullough (05-27-2008), nvisi0n (06-08-2008), Travace (07-25-2008)

KelvinalF
    that sounds cool

Thanks

freakin sweet!!

now if only we knew what the 3g iphone looks like...

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

will he be manufacturing these if there's enough demand? I could see something like this being very popular once the app store comes out with all its fancy games. I might be rather useful not just for the emus but other games as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Thanks

He has planned for the controller to be supported with the upcoming SDK, but lets see if Apple approves the device . I remember a while back on here, a user requested this and I told him he was crazy. I guess anything can happen

UPDATE: Photos are now available on icontrolpad.com
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 05-23-2008 at 03:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unfreakinbelievable

Thanks

there is just nothing that the iphone can't do.
    Blah Blah and Blah

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    will he be manufacturing these if there's enough demand? I could see something like this being very popular once the app store comes out with all its fancy games. I might be rather useful not just for the emus but other games as well.
    he can sell his idea to a company....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I made this idea when we were talking about game pads to plug into the iphone. which is stupid. who would want to care around a controller. this is a wayyy better idea. = ]

Thanks

I'm not sure this would pick up in a big way - as no official apps will be made for it, and they look to have great graphics etc. Nice idea though, but I kinda like the simplicity of the iPhone, and this would just make it more bulky. I think we will see some great games made expressly for the iPhone interface and motion sensors, much like the games made for the DS or for Wii (not the ports, the original games).

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

its going to be freaking sweat, as long as they can keep the price decent like under 50 bucks decent

Ps ill buy a prototype for 100 bucks if they cant mass produce
    Last edited by screamforme02; 05-23-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

blacksti (05-25-2008)

Thanks

I hope he filed a patent, so apple doesn't screw him.

Thanks

Cool idea! But I have a better idea! Why not make a iDS-vPsp? meaning you have a link between the iPhone and the PSP and create an EMU on both that will connect to each other and allow you to play DS games. This would be awesome because you can use the iPhone as the touch screen, mic, and tilt part of the "DS" and you can use the PSP's game controls for the "DS's" gamepad functions..

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks

Pretty Sweet.. also make iPhone look like the Sidekick

Thanks

Default seriously
    Come on guys be realistic....

Firstly except NES and SNES games, none of the other emulators are playable enough to justify spending 50 bucks on a add on device. They are choppy at best.

Now if they could make PSX or n64 games run at full speed with sound, I would consider getting one then, but its just not going to happen with the limitations of the hardware.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post
    Come on guys be realistic....

Firstly except NES and SNES games, none of the other emulators are playable enough to justify spending 50 bucks on a add on device. They are choppy at best.

Now if they could make PSX or n64 games run at full speed with sound, I would consider getting one then, but its just not going to happen with the limitations of the hardware.
    NES and SNES ems run fine for me.

Thanks

"The iControlPad is already supported by some of the biggest iPhone devs (including ZodTTD - PSX, GBA emu etc.)" Yes, the controller will support PSX and GBA. Don't worry, alot of devs including myself, already support it.
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 05-23-2008 at 07:10 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to m3thodandr3d For This Useful Post:

woowoodengy (05-23-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this app ****** up my phone. I now cannot get past the "slide to unlock window"!!!!! Please help

Thanks

now if they could make a plug in key board.

Developer
    Thanks

The iControlPad hardware is beyond the concept phase, and beyond it's first prototype. It's actual hardware now and has working software behind it.

It will be released, it will work with all my projects, and it will be easy to implement by other developers in their projects as well. Welcome to homebrew gaming on the iPhone and iPod Touch everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    "The iControlPad is already supported by some of the biggest iPhone devs (including ZodTTD - PSX, GBA emu etc.)" Yes, the controller will support PSX and GBA. Don't worry, alot of devs including myself, already support it.
    I assume by supporting it, you mean you *will* be supporting it? Trying to clear up any sort of miscommunication.

iControlPads for developers haven't been released yet. Though when they will be, it will be announced via the official site icontrolpad.com as well as zodttd.com.
    Last edited by zodttd; 05-24-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost