Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone pwns PSP - iControlPad

I have both an iPhone and a PSP & in terms of gaming, iPhone does not own PSP sorry. =\ Even with this device, while a neat and great idea, it adds bulk to the sleek iPhone (and making it ugly to boot), and in the end the iPhone's screen size just can't compete with the bigger screen of the PSP. One reason why I don't even bother with iPhone emus is because your fingers end up having to block like half the picture. =\

Default Yesssssssssssssssssssssss....
    one thing i hate about the iphone is the lack of tactile feedback. this will indeed rock.

Thanks

just saying k but y cant sumone make a plugin for the bluetooth and we could sync up our ps3 controllors to the iphone since it has bluetooth!

id rather that than a stupid modded controllor that looks really cheap

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post
    Come on guys be realistic....

Firstly except NES and SNES games, none of the other emulators are playable enough to justify spending 50 bucks on a add on device. They are choppy at best.

Now if they could make PSX or n64 games run at full speed with sound, I would consider getting one then, but its just not going to happen with the limitations of the hardware.
    you forgot genesis and gba and gb
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    with the money you will pay for this control pad you might be able to buy a sweet usb controller and play emulators on your computer and pay for the gas you'll use to drive to the store or better yet buy an nes/snes off ebay with 100 games. I really dont see this being priced at a reasonable amount. Unless they have people in china making it for .17 cents a unit this isnt going to be worth it. But I guess we'll see how many games it supports and the price then weigh out the options..

If they conformed to the SDK when creating the interface then there might be some value in it....

They don't really explain much on their site.

What I mean, is that I will be using it with my projects when it's released .
    Sorry for the confusion there. Just mis worded myself.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

this is going to be sweet!!!! yes nes and gba emu are kind of old but look in the future people, the sdk is coming!!

that is excellent! i'll be getting one for sure
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post
    Come on guys be realistic....

Firstly except NES and SNES games, none of the other emulators are playable enough to justify spending 50 bucks on a add on device. They are choppy at best.

Now if they could make PSX or n64 games run at full speed with sound, I would consider getting one then, but its just not going to happen with the limitations of the hardware.
    actually the genesis one i have works the best its the only one i use now i play a ton of different games just dont enable sound its what slows the app down my fav's right now are shinobi 3, street fighter 2, madden 98, nhl 98, nba jam, earthworm jim, ultimate Mortal kombat 3, and road rash which all work great. id buy the controller even if they don't make them public id pay to have on made

Default Psp
    looks like a PSP, nice.

MMi ownz!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

Hes lucky apple didn't come out with it before he id

Quote Originally Posted by yungfreshgent20 View Post
    actually the genesis one i have works the best its the only one i use now i play a ton of different games just dont enable sound its what slows the app down my fav's right now are shinobi 3, street fighter 2, madden 98, nhl 98, nba jam, earthworm jim, ultimate Mortal kombat 3, and road rash which all work great. id buy the controller even if they don't make them public id pay to have on made
    exactly my point, you have to disable the sound. Street fighter is nothing without the sound...(ok it's still a cool fighting game :P)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csta View Post
    just saying k but y cant sumone make a plugin for the bluetooth and we could sync up our ps3 controllors to the iphone since it has bluetooth!

id rather that than a stupid modded controllor that looks really cheap
    hello ppl this is the best idea yet!!! shame the psp doesnt have blutooth

Kind of late on the breaking news there but yeah its true. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I had a feeling someone would do this and I was right on my gut. I also got a feeling other great hardware will be in the works besides this.

I want one!

I love playing the emu's on my iPhone when im bored! I wouldn't mind keeping it around in my car and pull it out when needed...

I cant live without it! Sign me up!

now all we need to see is apple officially support this

Thanks

the ps3 controllor idea is the best yet!!! but ppl j dnt listen...shame!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool looks interesting but I am wondering how the emulators work on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by jvallesteros View Post
    there is just nothing that the iphone can't do.
    Making Pancakes?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast