Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUIDE: Accessing iPhone Straight from Finder (AFP)

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    iFuntastic I suppose.
    Isnt that for Mac? Im on windows...

This is badass...no more cyberduck

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Oh. Then iPhone File Browser or iDemocracy? I'm not a Windows guy myself...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

gr42178 (11-19-2007)

For installation and instructions in English you can also install AFP from Shai's Apps (http://ride4.org/shai.xml)
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

shaiss (11-19-2007)

Is there any way to change the name from localhost to iPhone? So that it shows up in the leopard sidebar as:
    \/ Shared
    [] iPhone

Thumbs down Look for Win platform AFP app.
    Is there a Window version of AFP app available?

I have made an AppleScript that will mount your iPhone when run.

My iPhone has 10.0.1.2 as its IP, if yours is different, open the app in Script Editor.

Hope this is useful to you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    ok so every time i try to do it it wont connect and says connection failed any help? i am connected to wifi on both my phone and mac and typed the correct ip...
    yeh i had same problem but when i restarted my iphone after instal before i tried to connect it worked like a charm hopefully this helps u

oo and thank u to poetic folly as this is fantastic and much better than the manual way whot i done on my ipod touch so now ipodt and iphone connected niice
    Last edited by Scottjohn; 11-19-2007 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Man With 2 Plans

Hi I just installed it and it works like a Charm!!! Great Work!! Does anyone know if theres a way to turn it off, like SSH in the service app? I don't want anyone to be able to get in to my phone!!! If theres a way to turn it on only the times I used it, and then back off again(like the service app) It would be perfect!!!

Thanks

I can confirm when I installed, it was not active. I had to use UIctl to activate the daemon.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, Works Just Fine ...
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Works as advertised! love it, really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    For installation and instructions in English you can also install AFP from Shai's Apps (http://ride4.org/shai.xml)
    yeah, I have to agree thats the easiest way to install
    just install AFP through my installer source, restart your phone. Use the finder or applescript method above to connect to the phone and BAM. I only had to do this once, now everytime I walk within range of my home wifi the phone comes up automatically.

I have NOT noticed any power drain. From my understanding if AFP isnt transfering a file there is no power use or minimal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shaiss For This Useful Post:

Digitol (11-22-2007)

WhenI installed the AFP, I got the idea to put the alias I made for the iPhone Root Drive in the dock. Therefore I changed the icon through Info and put an iPhone icon in. I copied the alias that I renamed to  iPhone to my root disk and from there I dragged it into my dock. Did the same with my TV...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -afbeelding-1.png  

Default Browsing in Finder
    When I look at the folders of my iPhone in Finder I see the standard var and media folders but I DON'T see all the files/folders that I do in Cyberduck (sym folders and assorted other files). Is there some hidden files switch I don't have on or something I missed?

Anyone else experiencing really slow folder opening? I was opening a apricular folder and it took about a minute. I can deal with it as long as thats normal. I was using SFTP but after the update to 1.1.2 I cant get it to work anymore.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

That is not normal, no. Make sure your iPhone isn't changing IPs during..

Quote Originally Posted by MArCoS View Post
    WhenI installed the AFP, I got the idea to put the alias I made for the iPhone Root Drive in the dock. Therefore I changed the icon through Info and put an iPhone icon in. I copied the alias that I renamed to  iPhone to my root disk and from there I dragged it into my dock. Did the same with my TV...
    Nice!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 11-19-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default AFP iPhone
    I've successfully installed it and it works fine.

Now what we need is an option in Service to shut it down, otherwise it can be used to hack your iPhone anytime and anywhere you have a wi-fi on.

Unless you changed the ssh password or you did shutdown it with Ulcl

Default AFP / Not connecting
    I added the French source and installed the demon, when I try connecting it keeps saying it failed. My IP is 192.168.1.1, I know this, but still wont connect. Tried numerous times, did I miss something?

Ugh nevermind I got it, nice guys finish last you know
    Last edited by afinite17; 11-20-2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Talent borrows, sh*t copies, genius steals

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afinite17 View Post
    I added the French source and installed the demon, when I try connecting it keeps saying it failed. My IP is 192.168.1.1, I know this, but still wont connect. Tried numerous times, did I miss something?
    I did notice one thing wrong... it's daemon. The French don't know how to spell; especially a British word.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

afinite17 (11-20-2007)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast