Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AT&T Stepping up their 3G Game

  1. #21
    3G wouldn't cost more in the data plan, you could basically put your SIM card in another 3G phone and have unlimited access. Am I right?

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    3G wouldn't cost more in the data plan, you could basically put your SIM card in another 3G phone and have unlimited access. Am I right?
    Yes you are correct
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

  3. #23
    alright! 3G is pretty much all over my city. Goodbye Edge I will miss you(in a kind of nostalgic, way think old cars)

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 108 Times in 80 Posts

    damn apple and their awesome technology!

  5. #25
    Default High speed or catching up?? :confused:
    Ha Ha Ha, we have over 7mps at the moment along with target landline speeds of over 40mbps by next year. Over the past 18 months every provider has been trying to shut edge down. I am looking forward to getting a 3g here in Australia as we have been on 3g networks for the past 5 to 6 years at least.
    One day the USA will catch up to us when it comes to I.T

  6. #26
    I know this is probably a dumb question, but, for those of us that have the old iphones from last year, we won't have 3G will we?

  7. #27
    Default 3g
    Quote Originally Posted by croix View Post
    I know this is probably a dumb question, but, for those of us that have the old iphones from last year, we won't have 3G will we?
    No you will not, it is hardware not software. As like me I will get rid of my over the "edge" phone and get a 3G one

  8. #28
    As would I but unfortunately I can't afford another phone just for a speed upgrade *sigh*

  9. #29
    You know it's weird but I think EDGE knows 3G is coming because for the last 2 weeks or so it has been consistently fast (as fast as EDGE can go) and I've had little to no timeouts.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You know it's weird but I think EDGE knows 3G is coming because for the last 2 weeks or so it has been consistently fast (as fast as EDGE can go) and I've had little to no timeouts.
    I've noticed a slight increase too. But mine still has its moments.
    & I know i'm probably dreaming with this one, but I wish apple would be like, hey, give us a hundred bucks and we'll 3G your iphone. But alas, tis but a dream.

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts

    i called att coz i have pick your plan unlimited data plan there and i wanted to know if it will work as 3g on 3g phone and technical care told me that unlimited data plan works at all data services att has. so it appears there will be no upgrades, no price raising.

  12. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You know it's weird but I think EDGE knows 3G is coming because for the last 2 weeks or so it has been consistently fast (as fast as EDGE can go) and I've had little to no timeouts.
    You are right EDGE has been getting a little bit faster in certain areas. AT&T has been upgrading their EDGE network as well

    @gavko - you are right, they wont be any charges for using 3G, but you will notice the new iphone will drop down to EDGE when you lose your 3G service, its kind of like a fail safe. So instead of losing your signal it will try EDGE first
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

  13. #33
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    You are right EDGE has been getting a little bit faster in certain areas. AT&T has been upgrading their EDGE network as well

    @gavko - you are right, they wont be any charges for using 3G, but you will notice the new iphone will drop down to EDGE when you lose your 3G service, its kind of like a fail safe. So instead of losing your signal it will try EDGE first
    ^^^I have noticed the boost in speed......

  14. #34
    They can stick 3G where the sun don't shine, just give me A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo) and I'll be fine.

  15. #35
    Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,641
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 765 Times in 592 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    They can stick 3G where the sun don't shine, just give me A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo) and I'll be fine.
    That would be real nice....

  16. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts

    oh now thats very true

  17. #37
    @cheekydevil1234,

    We still don't have a proper 3G network in Australia. Its a step up from the GSM network we have but it still lacks some major features that would make it a proper 3G network. While we have a slight advantage with our mobile networks at the moment, Americas communications industry as a whole is far more advanced than Australias. We rely on a copper backbone for all of our internet that seriously restricts speeds available to us. We have fibre trunks connecting us to the US, the UK and Asia that could potentially allow for 1000mbps personal internet connections if it weren't for the copper network we rely on. The US uses a mixture of copper networks and fibre networks that is far better than ours.

  18. #38
    GAHHH. i just checked the coverage map and i live in Vero Beach, Florida. The 3g network doesn't cover where i live, but it does cover like 20-30 miles south of me. Does that mean i'll have no service? i'm pissed because its not like i live in the country, its pretty populated!

  19. #39
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggajuggawugga View Post
    GAHHH. i just checked the coverage map and i live in Vero Beach, Florida. The 3g network doesn't cover where i live, but it does cover like 20-30 miles south of me. Does that mean i'll have no service? i'm pissed because its not like i live in the country, its pretty populated!
    No you'll still have service. If 3G isn't in your area than you will be using their EDGE network. If you are out and about and within a 3G area than the phone should switch automatically
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

  20. #40
    any news on the navi chip? will it cost more to have it like in nokia's?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •