+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: v1.1.2 UNOFFICIAL Change Log

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Do they fix the internet connection problem when sharing with macbook via airport?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do they fix the internet connection problem when sharing with macbook via airport?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I find the Photo Library being a lot smoother, faster scrolling through pictures.

Great stuff!

Thanks

Ever since I have upgraded to 1.1.2 my iphone has been doing some funky things. First of all the custom ringtones works but every now and then my iphone would soft restart and the ringtones would go back to default.

Sometimes I would view pictures or even go to my phone contacts and it would soft restart automatically before it has a chance to load. It's been doing this ever since I upgraded.

I'm wondering if there is a problem with the stability of the software or if it has to do with the app "Customize"? It's rather annoying.

My iphone worked perfect on 1.1.1 and never had any hang ups when I try to open my phone book or view my pictures or any of the apps I have installed howevever it's been doing it a lot on 1.1.2.

Does anyone else have a similiar problem to the one I am having? I only upgraded to 1.1.2 because I could create the custom ring tones but those never stick for too long. I always have to reassign the ring tones to my contact list after the phone soft restarts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Appears Apple still hasn't implemented cut/copy/paste. Nor have they upgraded their Bluetooth to allow voice dialing or A2DT protocol. And in Safari, there is no way to open links in a new window (maybe some round about way). Anyone know if Apple is even considering touching any of these features?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so wait i have a question, i have moded my iphone and have 111, put all custom theme and have a bunch of icons and stuff installed... if i let itunes upgrade it to 112, will i have to start over and instal the installer and all this other stuff again? or will it all survive?

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mferg02 View Post
    so wait i have a question, i have moded my iphone and have 111, put all custom theme and have a bunch of icons and stuff installed... if i let itunes upgrade it to 112, will i have to start over and instal the installer and all this other stuff again? or will it all survive?
    You will do way more than restarting trust me dude you have to downgrade update install anysim and do all that things just to get a FULLY UNLOCKED 1.1.2 iphone. I advice stay with 1.1.1 for now until there is a fully working anysim for 1.1.2.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think that my battery life sucks. W/ 1.0.2 I could get two full days.

One day max with 1.1.2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatheadWRX For This Useful Post:

yowiphone (11-23-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs down Gay
    Will not upgrade till something significant.. Java or Multiple SMS, etc.. Apple is beginning to suck major b@lls with these updates.. PATHETIC!!!

Thanks

agree.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thasan View Post
    Appears Apple still hasn't implemented cut/copy/paste. Nor have they upgraded their Bluetooth to allow voice dialing or A2DT protocol. And in Safari, there is no way to open links in a new window (maybe some round about way). Anyone know if Apple is even considering touching any of these features?
    In an uncanny way, you've touched upon exactly my top three wanted features! A2DP support is the top one for me, though. Come on Apple!

Thanks

I'm loving the 1.1.2 battery life as it reminds me what battery life in 1.0.2 was like. 1.1.1 battery life was and I guess is still horrendous. I would get one day with just casual use (some calls, listen to a few tracks, surf and email a little). But now it's being going strong and the battery gauge from it's last charge 24 hours ago is still close to full. Same usage as 1.1.1 but better battery life and that is a big enough reason for me to have upgraded.

Thanks

SO is it really worth upgrading to 1.1.2?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Worth the upgrade!
    Yes, it is worth upgrading to 1.1.2. I upgraded from an unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 after pondering a lot (since I had to virginize and all that) and trust me, its much better. Much smoother operation, finally service messages can be read! and lot of other tweaks(especially when it comes to power management). Battery life is handled much better now. So I say go for it! The guide works 100% if followed to the T. I took about 2 hours to upgrade since I was on 1.0.2. It should be shorter if youre on 1.1.1 already.

Best of Luck!
    Last edited by abhishekkhurana; 11-23-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Thanks

I've been considering the 1.1.2 upgrade for my 1.1.1 iPhone (which came with 1.1.1 out of the box), but there's really nothing listed that I feel is a compelling reason to go through the whole process of downgrading, unlocking, upgrading again, etc. I will wait until there is a process in place that's as easy as it was (and still is) for 1.1.1 iPhones. It'll happen, sooner or later. My battery life is fine, I get 2-3 days minimum on my iPhone, and that's with taking calls, surfing the web, listening to music, and playing with it. Dunno why other people seem to think battery life is shorter on 1.1.1 than it is on 1.0.2 or 1.1.2...

The only things that interest me is the "straight to home screen" instead of to the unlock slider @ reboot, the "overclocked" CPU/bus, and perhaps the possibility of better battery management, with the WiFi and EDGE changes. But IMHO that's not enough to justify the whole process of what has to be done, when my 1.1.1 iPhone performs just fine right now. Why fix what's not broken?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

- I noticed that 'song shuffle' in iPod is a bit smarter. You know that iPod keeps track of the number of times a song is played right? Now the songs with less number of times played has more probability to be shuffled up. This is not confirmed, it's just a speculation.

- *** For those who use iToggle with FW 1.1.2 - DO NOT turn off 'Phone'. It will crash the phone and you'd be forced to restore (1.1.2 -> 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2).***

EDITED: I summoned up my courage and tried using iToggle to turn off my iPhone again... this time it worked just fine. I don't know what happened the first time I did it. So I guess it's not a problem at all, sorry folks.
    Last edited by Bowl; 11-24-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bowl View Post
    - *** For those who use iToggle with FW 1.1.2 - DO NOT turn off 'Phone'. It will crash the phone and you'd be forced to restore (1.1.2 -> 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2).***
    Stop using iToggle - start using NetServices, which is WAY better IMHO!

I don't shuffle songs, so that's not something I'm interested in. Good to know though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

UPDATED = SOLVED

Hi All,

Since the 1.1.2 upgrade my phone does not go blank during calls. In fact it stays on the whole time and you end up bumping features with your face (like hold etc.).....It Sucks!!!!!

I also installed a screen protector at the same time so im not sure if this has something to do with it.

Any ideas???

THanks in advance.

It was due to the screen protector. It was covering the home button slightly and once I repositioned the screen protector it started working fine!!! SWEET

FYI: Love the firmware, things are working way faster.
    Last edited by huemedia; 11-24-2007 at 12:41 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a.le View Post
    hi, sorry to be posting this here but does anyone happen to have itunes 7.4.2 dmg file for mac, i recently just reinstalled my os and can only upgrade to 7.5 which won't work with independence, so if anyone has it or knows of where to download it that would be great thanks. alot
    http://mac.oldapps.com/itunes.php

Green Apple
    Thanks

All i can say is 1.1.2 is just sweet. It brings back the stability of the old 1.0.2 days, and with an extra CPU speed boost.

I just cannot fault it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.2 is worth upgrading for
    Lots of improvements here.
    Only thing that doesn't seem to work is the weDict dictionary.
    Anybody else experiencing this ?