+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iPhone - June 9th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i can't even wait lol. i just put my phone on ebay I WANT A NEW PHONE MOWWWWW. haha so if i keep my sim card from my current iphone,
    Green Apple
    Thanks

i can't even wait lol. i just put my phone on ebay I WANT A NEW PHONE MOWWWWW. haha

so if i keep my sim card from my current iphone, and then plug it right in to the new 3g iphone will it continue to work? or whats the low down...
    buy a new contract with a new sim card and just throw my current simcard down the drain? i'm confuzzled

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Of course there isn't. Do you go to Apple when you buy a new laptop and say "can I get $200 off? My OTHER computer is an Apple too..."

heh...
    Apple usually allows you to give them your Apple product for a newer make after yours has become obsolete.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm from Malaysia, hoping that it can be seling at cheap price. hehe, thanks for the unlock!!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Apple usually allows you to give them your Apple product for a newer make after yours has become obsolete.
    Didn't know... I should make them do something for me on my MacBook Pro. Where's the page for that?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Didn't know... I should make them do something for me on my MacBook Pro. Where's the page for that?
    It's only available for around the first month or so once the new one is introduced. They only do it for iPods if I hadn't mentioned.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggajuggawugga View Post
    i can't even wait lol. i just put my phone on ebay I WANT A NEW PHONE MOWWWWW. haha

so if i keep my sim card from my current iphone, and then plug it right in to the new 3g iphone will it continue to work? or whats the low down...
    buy a new contract with a new sim card and just throw my current simcard down the drain? i'm confuzzled
    i was wondering the same thing cause im about to sell mine...but keep the sim card

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

We all suspected it, but now it is confirmed: someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch has told me that Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th. The second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch, and not at year's end, as previously thought. The new model will also herald new sales policies in some countries.

In Spain, for example, the 3G iPhone will be available for sale at the June 18th grand opening of Telefonica's megastore—an Apple Store-like shop located in the company's historical building in Madrid's Gran Vía— with nationwide availability the next day or after a few hours. The other European countries with iPhone availability will have similar launch schedules.

According to another source involved in the launch, the 3G iPhone will no longer be available at a fixed price point—at least in some countries, and its launch will also bring new sales policies, although these have not been completely specified yet.

The move is a logical step, since the iPhone has clearly solidified its position as the cellphone to beat during the last 12 months, and companies in the cutthroat European cellphone market need to use it as an incentive to capture clients aggressively.

This most probably means the new 3G iPhone will be integrated in the usual marketing systems of carriers, with point-based trade-ups, discounts for carrier switchers and other service-based subvention packages.

You must wait after the realese to see if jailbreaker work or not.

This is proof of the black iphone there will be no white like some people have trying to said it will be black only and the old style
    Last edited by jibaro3; 05-20-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jibaro3 For This Useful Post:

javilo (05-23-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    We all suspected it, but now it is confirmed: someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch has told me that Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th. The second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch, and not at year's end, as previously thought. The new model will also herald new sales policies in some countries.

In Spain, for example, the 3G iPhone will be available for sale at the June 18th grand opening of Telefonica's megastore—an Apple Store-like shop located in the company's historical building in Madrid's Gran Vía— with nationwide availability the next day or after a few hours. The other European countries with iPhone availability will have similar launch schedules.

According to another source involved in the launch, the 3G iPhone will no longer be available at a fixed price point—at least in some countries, and its launch will also bring new sales policies, although these have not been completely specified yet.

The move is a logical step, since the iPhone has clearly solidified its position as the cellphone to beat during the last 12 months, and companies in the cutthroat European cellphone market need to use it as an incentive to capture clients aggressively.

This most probably means the new 3G iPhone will be integrated in the usual marketing systems of carriers, with point-based trade-ups, discounts for carrier switchers and other service-based subvention packages.

You must wait after the realese to see if jailbreaker work or not.

This is proof of the black iphone there will be no white like some people have trying to said it will be black only and the old style
    That's just an iPhone and an iPod Touch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There will not be a 3g iPhone announced on June 9th because the 3g iPhone still needs FCC approval. There is only about 3 weeks till June 9th and unless the FCC is messing with us (not possible) there will be no 3g iPhone this soon. Everyone thought that Apple would release flash and A2DP in the 1.1.3 update last jan. and it did not happen. The same is true of the WWDC this June.

**I am a happy iPhone owner and would love a 3g iPhone, I just think everyone is jumping the gun**

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nebulis For This Useful Post:

javilo (05-23-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i hope its cheapest model runs for no less than $500. this way i wont feel like a such a **** bag for buying an 8gig iphone this week (which i only paid 260 for).

Thanks

Dude, I just hope Apple has somethin' terrific lurkin' up there selves. All this hype isn't fair and Apple is playin' with our emotions. No more mumble jumble/rumors about the 3G iPhone until after the keynote. This is why I got to have two phones, iPhone and Helio Ocean, for the simple fact that one can't do what the other can't do. And it will continue to be this way when I have the 3G iPhone and the SE Xperia X1. But yeah, its no longer about the features; if not Apple, then other phone services see a way in makin' a quick buck with all this hype. They're right, the iPhone is just a toy. Ya'll can say what ya'll want say about what I just wrote but I'm startin' to lose respect for @pple. No LOL. If it wasn't for my $500 deposit and early iPhone rebate purchase I wouldn't buy this phone at all. Thanks a lot @pple... q:'-(...

Last edited by iBwizzle; 05-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what your saying is the new 3g phone will look exactly like the 1st gen iPhone??

So whats the big difference between the phones apart from 3g?

Thanks
    so if what about the iphone users who use tmo, will they have 3g capable service. cuz i have tmobile , and im not goin to buy the new 3g if tmo doesnt have 3g by the time the new iphone comes out
    i saw , i bought, i unlocked!

Thanks

ahh man I can't wait!

Thanks

I'm running dry on hope. Unless Apple have hidden copy and paste, video recording, expanded use of the landscape keyboard and the ability to use bluetooth to at least send pictures inside 2.0 as well as 3G inside 2.0, it won't be worth the hype.

Here's a title I've thought up for my economics coursework:

"Has Apple assumed a monopoly in the market for mobile phones and MP3 players?"

Depending on the release and reviews of their second phone, I will take this project up. I already have some damn good evidence.
    Last edited by dale1v; 05-20-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks
    Im so excited!

So, from experience here, how well do first gen iPhones, that are slightly banged up do on ebay? Im thinking im going to sell mine to pick up the 3G...
    Sent from my iPhone

Thanks

I highly doubt that they will keep the same case. This is not what Apple do, they bring out a new MacBook with more power but they also give it a facelift making your current one look old and obselete forcing you to buy a new one...

I reckon they will make a change the the design of the iphone to hold the new 3g chips but everything else (firmware etc) will stay the same.

PS if the firmware does change, what will happen to us 1g iphones who didnt get a 3g one? Will we be left?

Thanks

I wish we could forward texts without having to jailbreak our phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone saifeeab's Avatar
    Thanks

reading thru the posts i think some ppl are just plain crazy....i can almost see the drool coming out of the mouths thru my screen .

i don't see whats the real big deal. doesn't seem like apple have really impoved that much on the prev gen iphones other than add 3G and probably a few more basic features. It still lacks a full-fleged bluetooth service, a vid camera, MMS etc etc. so why all the bending over?

i will probably stick to my current 2G iphone and wait until the prices of the 3G ones really drop in the non-authorized markets and a whole pack of apps r released for free. apple just seems to be getting carried away with the success of their present phone.

Thanks

i have a question... wat happens to users with the original iphones who are under warranty still? like if their iphone breaks under warranty, will they recieve a 3g phone as a replacement or do they have a stock pile of old iphones?