+ Reply
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy 2.0 Officially Released - So many new features, it just might kill you!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
after reading so many posts I'm more confused than in the beginning. so...I have a 1.0.2. unlocked iphone (i don't know the method it was unlocked) bu it has the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after reading so many posts I'm more confused than in the beginning.
    so...I have a 1.0.2. unlocked iphone (i don't know the method it was unlocked) bu it has the old uploader, modem firmware 03.14.08_G, installer 3, bsd and ssh on it
    I will first virginise, after that I will upload to 1.1.1 on itunes (pressing shift etc)
    after that I will open idemocracy2 choose long method and press @test jailbreak@ button???? or apptapp? which one is the first to press?
    Last edited by viorelo; 11-21-2007 at 11:57 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when I was using the virginser in this , after some time it asked me if I want to proceed and gave me two options 1)yes or 2) No, how do I reply in the putty. I am not able to type anything on it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iHave iDemocracy 2 and iJail Broken 1.1.2 usin' the steps from MMi. Everythin' seems to be workin' good; however, iCan't iNstall any ringtones usin' iDemocracy 2. Do you have to have Wi-Fi to upload ringtones to your phone? That and how do iCustomize the iCons. iKnow this iS a great program and all, but its very complicated. iCan't wait until they release another version. iF you know how to upload ringtones on a jail broken 1.1.2 iPhone can you please tell me how. Thanks...!

-sent from my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm trying to download the application of idemocracy2.0, but when it downloads it only shows a text file not and executable. any help please?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just doesn't work for me period. I double click the exe and I get nothing. I'll have to check which framework I have, but I'm sure it's 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does jailbroken 1.1.2 work with all networks ??

thanx

Thanks

Hey everyone,
    Sorry, I fell way behind on this thread because my Wi-Fi died on me and I went through all kinds of stuff to get it back up and running (which it is now)
    I'll try and read up but I can't answer all your questions.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First of all thank you for your dedication

Now a question, I have 1.1.2 installed I ran oktoprep can I use this to jailbreak even if ive been running on 1.1.2 for a few days now?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Upgrade steps help
    Hello Geniuses (namely Drakenza...You Rock!),
    Ok am I reading this all correctly? I can verginize my phone and upgrade from my unlocked 1.0.2 to 1.1.2? I unlocked my phone (1.0.2) Oct 1st and have been wanting to upgrade since 1.1.1 came out and now even more so when I seen my buddies 1.1.2 and compaired the sound quality and speed. (it rocks!)
    Here is what I have... I have a 1.0.2 (1C28) with Modem firmware 03.14.08_G. running Vodafone.de sim card. Everything works on the phone with no issues...
    I would like to upgrade to 1.1.2. can I do this with iDemocracy 2.0? Has anyone done it? Is there a guided step instruction out? I know alot of questions..(Sharp but not the sharpest tool in the shed :-) )

What I have---
    --I am running windows vista
    --Downloaded 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 from this site
    --Downloaded 1.0.2 from iUnlock.app that I bought (iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore) the file is what I used when I initially unlocked my phone.
    --I have WIFI access (slow speed)
    --iBrick v0.91
    --Basic knowledge and a bit slow on all the lingo...
    --iTunes version 7.3.0.54 (Yes thats correct I havent upgraded...was afraid to when everyone bricked their phone back in Oct)

Thank's in advance for the help. There seems to be alot of Albert Einsteins on this site so I know someone has the answers...

Dennis
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 11-22-2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: forgot to include itunes version

Thanks

i have jailbroken 1.0.2 and thats it, what do i have to do to get 1.1.2. i do jailbroken. also when i go to install the idemocracy update from google it gives me an error

Thanks

Notice: Two more prominent bugs have been found in iDemocracy 2.0.1 which are the following:

1. There's a little confirmation option at the beginning of virginator.sh which plink doesn't allow you to input to. Put simply, I have to hack out a line of code so that it doesn't hang up at the very beginning.
    2. anySIM 1.2 is not getting chmodded correctly somewhere which is causing some crashes while reading files and then screwing up iPhones. If you're running an updated, jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone, DO NOT try to unlock it with anySIM until I release a fix.

Also, I plan on adding an auto-updater feature if possible, or atleast update notifications, so that you guys don't have to keep watching for posts like these.

So... looks like the time has come for iDemocracy 2.0.2. I appreciate your patience and cooperation

@kuhndsn: My opinion is that 1.1.2 is a worthless waste of time... However, if you really want the sound upgrade, iD2 can jailbreak 1.1.2 for you. What you need to do is virginize your 1.0.2 iPhone, upgrade it to 1.1.1, run the Short Method and jailbreak it, and finally follow the 1.1.2 jailbreak in iD2. For virginizing, you'll have to use another fix out there until the update mentioned above is released.

@morphiusrt: When you say "that's it" I'm assuming you mean it isn't unlocked. In that case, get into DFU mode and restore to 1.1.1, and then follow the Short Method in iD2. After that you can follow the 1.1.2 jailbreak instructions. Alternatively you can follow the long method, as you're on 1.0.2 already...

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

PSP2006 (11-23-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wt?
    this should be for mac!

if youre going to use the Leopard look, why are you developing for Windows!?

ugh... i just got rid of my Windows HP and got me a Macbook Pro!! dang it!!

great app though... thanks for all the work!

mac please!!!

(ill donate when theres a mac version!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Drakenza,
    Copy that I will take your advise and not upgrade to 1.1.2. However I will upgrade to 1.1.1. (video output is really all i want anyway). I I understand correctly once you fix the virginizer in iDependance I can use it to virginize my phone and jailbreak it to run my homebrew aps again and then use AnySim to unlock it to use my own sim/service provider correct. Also by using iDemocrace I will have Utube again as well correct. Thanks again for all the hard work you have provided. Wish I was a computer savi to lend a hand.

Dennis

Thanks

Hello Sir Drakenza,

i just bought my phone in US, im here in UAE(middle east) using etisalat sim. UNLOCKED and JAilbreaked. I dunno what they use to unlocked and other things they done on my iphone

This is my phone.

8gb version 1.0.2
    4.01.13 G

Now i want to upgrade for 1.1.1 yet im so scared that i can brick my iphone worth half of my monthly salary.

Do u think its now time to update for 1.1.1? How about IbrickR? can i use without any hassle in 1.1.1?

in upgrading, is this idemocracy is safe? can u teach me what to do or i'll just follow what post u have in the first page?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh my God, I had an aweful night...here's my story
    I had an unlocked 1.02 iphone with the old bootloader.
    I virginized it with idemocracy2, it went all good.
    after that in itunes i hit restore press shift, chose a downloaded 1.1.1 firmware, waited and after
    tons of 1011 errors, countless restores, windows restarts etc, managed to restore to 1.0.2
    first time I got that @iphone needs repair@, couldn't even dial
    new restore to 102, this time I could dial, go to prefs, make my wifi work,
    got that imei 0049 incorrect sim error - activate to itunes
    used ibrckr to jaibrake, after that used ID2 to activate 102
    used ibrckr to install installer, after that anysim 1.02
    and voila thank God I have returned to my 102 unlocked iphoned, only this time is jailbraked
    I really don't want anymore to get to 1.1.1 because my heart really hurts, I felt tonight like doing stunts without a safety net..

let this be a lesson for all you out there who have the guts to do it, but was not born a hacker
    Last edited by viorelo; 11-25-2007 at 03:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

every time i start viginazer it says acces denied

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, i'm reading that in thess hours it seems someone dumped bootloader 4.6. I have an iphone (1.1.2 and 4.6) in my hands and no way to use it (can't unlock). What's about idemocracy 2.1? Is coming? How much does it takes?? I can't live with an iphone without using it

Thanks

i have a problem,

none of my icons show up and it shows them all in my installs and i can't unistall some of them i get "error during unistall script execution!"

when i try to install customize i get" this version of customize requires firmware 1.1.[12]." same as with summerboard and stackcontroller.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy 1.1.2 jailbreak in iD2 failing
    I get an error when i click "1.1.2 jailbreak" button. the error is "this utility can only be used if you have run oktoprep before updating to 1.1.2". i have iTunes 7.4 and Java installed on this Vista machine.

Here are the steps i took:
    1. started with a v1.1.2 (04.02.13_G) iphone
    2. downgraded the firware to v1.1.1 (although i noticed after downgrading that the firmware version was still 04.02.13_G when you check with *3001#12345#*)
    3. activated & jailbroke the v1.1.1 using CARNAVAL by Brasuco
    4. installed Installer.app, BSD, OpenSSH, and Oktoprep
    5. upgraded firmware back to 1.1.2
    6. this leaves me at step 3 in iD2 where i'm required to click "1.1.2 jailbreak", but i get the error mentioned above.

i did install oktoprep and got the "ready to upgrade to 1.1.2" message in installer.app so i don't know why i'm getting this error

Thanks

please help

see post above

also when i try to install many of the apps i get similar error to the unistall error script execution

My firmware on the phone says 1.1.1 (3A109a) but i keep getting firmware 1.1.1 required for this app

it makes no sense

i managed to download finder and went to var/root/media and smb and customize are still there but no icon is available and i can't uninstall.

my phone was 1.0.2 jailbroken with apptapp just used idemocracy to upgrade 1.1.1

i noticed the version of installer is the older one i had the new one on my 1.0.2

questions: what is virginizing? was i supposed to do that? if so where can i find it?

ps thank you for creating this great program, i will definitely be donating later this week.
    Last edited by morphiusrt; 11-26-2007 at 07:20 AM.