Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy 2.0 Officially Released - So many new features, it just might kill you!

Chief,

what are you actually trying to achieve?

If you want 1.1.2 in the end, you should actually not downgrade the baseband, but actually use anySIM on 1.0.2 and then upgrade back to 1.1.2.

Can you ping the IP Address of the Iphone from you computer?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Frankenstein For This Useful Post:

soup35 (11-20-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm about to try this with a virgin 1.0.2 iPhone. I'll do the long and short method just to test.

I have a unlocked 1.0.2 iphone is it very diffcult to upgrade to 1.1.1 with this software. any help will be appericated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mswol767 View Post
    I have a unlocked 1.0.2 iphone is it very diffcult to upgrade to 1.1.1 with this software. any help will be appericated.
    This may be help you to get on 1.1.1
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461
    Yes, with iDemocraty it is dificult... because this software is in progress - anyway thanks to Darkenza for big work on it- keep it go!
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 11-19-2007 at 07:29 PM.
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Default Simple SIM Question-thanks in advance all
    Drakenza and team.....excellent work. One simple question....do i need to have the non ATT Sim in the phone at the beginning of the process? At the moment i only have the original sim. If i follow the process to use idemocracy (ive already successfully taken my out of the box 1.0.0 (yep its old) and restored to 1.1.1) with the orginal sim in it will i be able to at least use the iphone like an itouch for now? If so and want to use it on a nonATT carrier LATER....do i have to repeat idemocracy or will that not work?
    Either i use idemocracy without a nonATT sim now (im anxious) or wait to get the nonATT sim but later. Love to know if i can do the process now for itouch functionality, and then later use idemocracy when i have the other sim.

Thanks in advance all for your feedback!

Default Reply to Drakenza
    Sir, I really like your App, the only problem is that after running the 1.1.1 downgrade you instruct on the long method to install AppTapp which which requires wireless (The Long Method); but wireless isn't on because it was just restored to 1.1.1 so your installer never connects to perform AppTapp installation. I find this a quite a bit frustrating.

Additionally, I think the link you have to the 1.1.1 file is bad (the actual file), and also you mention something about getting the 1.1.1 firmware from the apple site but I am mystified as to where that might actually be.

Being such great engineers as you are, myself just being an respectful but determined end-user, man why not just kick out the true 1.1.2 jailbreak without all the rigamarole 1.1.1 downgrading hassle which you admit doesn't really work 100% but then you write a whole app behind that, with the likely chance the downgrade isn't going to work.

Ya'll need some Q/A man. That said, much respect. I salute.

- Regards
    Last edited by lightbro; 11-19-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djafropiq View Post
    still no answer on what to do after the virginzer asks to press 1 or 2 to continue? i have it plugged into a reliable power source..
    anyone out there?
    i am having the same issue. can't type 1 or 2. what is up? now i am dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by garrick View Post
    anyone out there?
    i am having the same issue. can't type 1 or 2. what is up? now i am dead in the water.
    never mind.

followed the iphone dev team way
    http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool

took only 10min. should of done it that way from the beginning.
    Last edited by garrick; 11-20-2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok love it, thanks you very much for the app, but i have 1 small gripe...

wallpapers.. i want to add my own, but i have to choose one at a time.. any way that i can select more then 1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dr.Frankenstein...YOU ARE THE MAN! So...I installed app.tapp on my downgraded virgin 1.0.2 iphone and then installed OktoPrep ONLY. I went into iTunes and upgraded to 1.1.2. Then hit the 'Jailbreak 1.1.2' button in iDemocracy 2.0...and presto! a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone!

I went from an upgraded 1.1.2 iphone with no apps to a 1.1.2 iphone with many apps

Thanks again for your help.

Default Activating Through Idemocracy
    I get all the way through the downgrade to 1.1.1 but it does not end up at the activation screen. Itunes is showing that 1.1.1 is installed but then it won't reactivate. Any thoughts?

Just upgraded from an IPSF unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 without a problem. Lovely lovely app. Thank you so much.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong!?

I had 1.1.2, I followed your directions and restored the phone to 1.1.1 on itunes
    Then
    I tried using Apptapp to go to 1.0.2. that din't work, at that moment
    I was obviously on 1.1.1.
    I tired multiple times and the error message I kept getting is
    "sending to iphone failed"
    I noticed a couple of other people with the same problem on the website.

Now i am back to 1.1.2 so I can use the phone in the time being.
    Please advise
    thanks!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singhkenny View Post
    Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong!?

I had 1.1.2, I followed your directions and restored the phone to 1.1.1 on itunes
    Then
    I tried using Apptapp to go to 1.0.2. that din't work, at that moment
    I was obviously on 1.1.1.
    I tired multiple times and the error message I kept getting is
    "sending to iphone failed"
    I noticed a couple of other people with the same problem on the website.

Now i am back to 1.1.2 so I can use the phone in the time being.
    Please advise
    thanks!!
    i have the same problem with idemocracy, so i do the all things manualy
    i thing idemocracy is in progress... i have problems installing SSH and BSD with iDemocracy and so on...
    Do this manualyis the best way for now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    singhkenny and cosmoLV....

I had 1.1.2. I tried and tried to downgrade to 1.1.1. I finally downloaded the 1.0.2 restore file. Restored to 1.0.2 through iTunes. Used app.tapp button in iDemocracy to get an activation screen. Went back into iTunes to activate. Then ran the app.tapp again to get installer on the 1.0.2 phone. Installed OktoPrep through installer (only that). Then upgraded to 1.1.2 again through iTunes. Then, finally, went back into iDemocracy and hit the 'Jailbreak 1.1.2' button...and presto...a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone.

Let me know if this helps!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soup35 For This Useful Post:

andymuffins (12-20-2007), singhkenny (11-21-2007)

Thanks

"Went back into iTunes to activate" - i'm living in Latvia and i not have AT&T or any support for activation througt iTunes, so this is ok for legal customers, i'm not
    its different...

Default what if i use idemocracy with original or no SIM?
    can i use idemocracy with the original sim......will i otherwise end up with an itouch until i get the non-ATT sim? anyone know?

Thanks

use original AT&T sim

pls help! i have iphone version 1.1.1 i accidentally restore to 1.1.2 from itunes.now ido everything good thing my iphoe goes back to its original springboard etc..but its not sim free.after i use any sim that i used before to my 1.1.1 dosent work anymore.and comes back to dfu mode.grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!pls advice..thanks!

i have an unlocked 1.1.1, it was originally a 1.0.2. i virginized using the virginizer from dev team then upgrade via itunes. I then jail broke it and unlocked it using the dialing method.

My question is, can i use iDemocracy right now? Do i have to revirginize and upgrade again? All i want to do is add ring tones using iDemocracy's ring tone management.

i havent been able to download a version without the message "corrupt" appearing. I mean it shows 32 mb something but it finished half way before. And also when i extract the half way finshied rar file it shows 2 errors of some corrupted errors.
    Why havent people upped it somewhere else also??

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast