Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tap that iPhone - Use this Stick

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,227 Posts

Default Tap that iPhone - Use this Stick

The iPod Touch/iPhone PEN by BrightonNET is a slick product which acts as a stylus for your device.

It also has a clever bendable tip which allows for easy scrolling/dragging on the iPhone as well. That's a smart idea, BrightonNET.

No word on pricing or availability yet, but BrightonNET does retail their products on Amazon, so you'll probably see it there when they release it for retail.

Also notable - BrightonNET should probably hire a new translator, heh, check out these effective warnings from their site:

Caution
    • Please do not strongly beat a screen. It cause the trouble.
    • We cannot take responsibility for all about the trouble of the main body at the time of this product use.
    • Please be careful to opening a letter time of a package and openings after opening a letter enough.
    • (Please do not touch it with a hand, a finger.)
    via Gizmodo

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

atlking (05-19-2008)

What does that third warning even mean?

OK. I can make something like that myself with a damn q-tip.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tamakin For This Useful Post:

DoerrFan (05-19-2008)

^ lmao.

Reako

I seriously lol'd hard at all those warnings.

On a more important note:
    I wouldn't be surprised if this stylus turns out being $20-$50+. These iPhone stylus' are way too expensive.

Hopefully Apple clues in that people want stylus' for their phones, and include one in the 3G iPhone box.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt apple will take a stylus into consideration with the 3g iphone. The phone screen is designed to respond mostly only to your finger. Apple see's it as a convenience and i agree with them, when I had the Palm cantro, i couldnt stand the stylus, its such an annoyance to take it out and tap a couple things, then put it back into the slot.

yea^^ .. hopefully apple throws that in there with the 3G .. cuz i'm in NY .. its a ***** using the iphone in the winter time .. having to take off my gloves just to make a call

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh yea didnt think of that ^^^^^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is the dumbest thing i have ever seen

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prospect26 View Post
    yea^^ .. hopefully apple throws that in there with the 3G .. cuz i'm in NY .. its a ***** using the iphone in the winter time .. having to take off my gloves just to make a call
    Man... now I feel like I take the California weather for granted.

I never thought about using the iPhone in such extreme weather or situations....
    Now it makes me think about the times my hands were wet or too oily or greasy working on my car and I wanted to answer the phone.

But anyways, not even $20 would sell me on this product.
    *T*Mo**

whats the pin on the right of the diagram?
    is it to open the simcard port on the iphone,
    thats not very useful
    ~Jayy

my advice is in the cold buy some paintball gloves they still work fine on the iphone's screen i used it this winter when i worked at an outdoor ice rink

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is the worse idea ever i can see my self typing with this ja ja what a jocke

Quote Originally Posted by elsgk2 View Post
    Man... now I feel like I take the California weather for granted.

I never thought about using the iPhone in such extreme weather or situations....
    Now it makes me think about the times my hands were wet or too oily or greasy working on my car and I wanted to answer the phone.

But anyways, not even $20 would sell me on this product.
    In those cases you can just use your tongue or your nose, works like a charm

i live in Chicago and the weather gets pretty bad here during the winter... i still managed it

Also, APPLE won't make any peripherals for the iphone because they want it to be all about touch. Hence they won't release an add-on keyboard or even an add-on controller for games

wow this is lame.. if you really need a stylus go back to 1995.. please

Who wants a stylus for the iphone?? Seriously the whole point of the iphone was that it freed you from the evil thing.....oh i have a good idea, let's MAKE ONE FOR IT!! I bet apple never thought of that one.

DOOMED TO FAILURE.

lol I'll just stick to my finger lol

I think they should work on a device that plugs into the bottom with big ole rotary dialer on the other end. That way, if you are wearing gloves and want to make a call, you can just stick your finger in the proper hole and spin it around then listen to it tick tick tick tick tick tick tick all the way back...for each number.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 02589 For This Useful Post:

robbpell (05-20-2008)

Thanks
    half the joy of using this phone is NOT having to deal with a stylus.....and who's going to use their tongue on their phone??

it looks cool, but useless

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast