Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPHUC released!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Default iPHUC released!
    iPHoneUtilityClient (iPHUC) is the second generation of iPhoneInterface that is distributed under v2 of the GPL. It is being actively maintained and consistently updated to function more like a shell.

The Wiki page is here, and we will have a guide up in about 10 minutes!

You can get it working by using this method to jailbreak, and this method to install iPHUC. This will negate the need for OS X users to rejail every time.

And yes, you probably should avoid saying the name out loud in mixed company.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

This is a big improvement. I just compiled it and now I can getfile, which never worked for me in any version of iphoneinterface, and I can use the up arrow so as to not have to re type everything. Also you can cd, on the iphone, and lcd ,cd on your mac. Great stuff.

does anyone want to post the binary? i cant get macports to work

Wow! they are having waay too much fun with the acronym on that wiki page :-p

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yah. Sec, guys, I'm working on a fully detailed and illustrated install guide. Give me like half an hour.

i got it compiled and functional but when i try to getfile i get this error

(iPHUC) /Applications/MobilePhone.app/: getfile Info.plist
    remote: /Applications/MobilePhone.app/Info.plist
    local: /Applications/MobilePhone.app/Info.plist
    AFCFileRefOpen: opening remote path '/Applications/MobilePhone.app/Info.plist'
    AFCFileRefRead: reading 419 bytes into buffer
    getfile: Failed to open local file '/Applications/MobilePhone.app/Info.plist'

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I've been talking to the dev's, and they said they are aware of the getfile and putfile issues, and will have a new version soon to fix.

Can someone please direct me to the IPHUC for windows download?
    I can't find it anywhere.
    I updated my phone and now iphoneinterface doesn't work and there doesn't seem to be a new version 3.3 for windows.

^^ for windows just use Manzana... works like a charm... i think this wont work for Windows right? but yeah, use manzana for windows... just re-jailbreak it and then ur set to use manzana.

Quote Originally Posted by bluaeon View Post
    ^^ for windows just use Manzana... works like a charm... i think this wont work for Windows right? but yeah, use manzana for windows... just re-jailbreak it and then ur set to use manzana.
    I tried jailbreaking again and got error DITTO 6
    any ideas?

cool!
    There is no reason to do something anonymously if it is believed to be legal and it will benefit our rights.

I'm still confused- What exactly does this program enable you to do? What's the advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
    I tried jailbreaking again and got error DITTO 6
    any ideas?
    I have been having some problems as well. I deleted and reinstalled everything and still a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef J View Post
    I have been having some problems as well. I deleted and reinstalled everything and still a no go.
    I just tried jailbreak again until it worked and now iphoneinterface is back up and running

poetic did you do a tutorial yet

^^ i think he's in the process of making it...

sweet: thats all you can do... just run it over and over again till it works... glad that its working now.

i got iphuc to work but i tried to follow the tutorial for iphuc jailbreak and it didnt work
    i got a failerd (17)abotrting

im very confused!!!!
    Last edited by fdot; 08-02-2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does iPHUC really grant access for PPC users or am I just reading things and confusing them with my wants?

ok so what i gather from a Shell Noob is that it will work on any comp that jailbreak will work on.. and i think its goin to make it so you only have to jailbreak once.. i dunno i got iphuc to work and then just jailbreaked.. then used iphuc and the re jailed my phone... worked

poetic?
    Last edited by fdot; 08-02-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can somebody post the compiled binary for download?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast