Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
can any one post a tutorial on hoe to fix it with cyber duck what are the step we have to do thanks...
05-17-2008, 12:00 AM #161
can any one post a tutorial on hoe to fix it with cyber duck what are the step we have to do thanks
05-17-2008, 01:24 AM #162was wondering if there were instructions for using ibrickr??
05-17-2008, 02:44 AM #163
first off. ssh to your iphone using cyberduck. set permissions to the whole applications folder to 777 (means check all the boxes on the whole screen) and check that box on the bottom left that says apply changes recursively. Let that do its thing. Then go into /var/mobile/Media/ and control click the downloads folder and set permissions to 777 just like you did to the applications folder. Reboot, and everything will work fine. It will import into your ipod without no problems. Worked for me, i'm on 1.1.4 jailbroken with iLiberty 8gb. Good luck, hope this works for you all. Took me a few time, but I looked at everyone elses fixes, and came up with this solution. Not sure how it will work with other jailbroken methods. But this fix definitely worked for me. Thanks for the great app!!
05-17-2008, 03:40 AM #164
definetly #137 best post on here..if u follow his directions you will have it up and running..well done..this app is great
05-17-2008, 06:09 AM #165
For noobs like me...might be a long steps but it work am gonna try to break down each step in post #137
get cyberduck and mobileterminal in installer....
1) check if you have “ioreg” binary in /usr/bin/ directory (it wasnt in mine so use cyberduck transfer in the usr/bin/ folder..)
2) If not download it from the link above and upload it to /usr/bin
2) Connect with ssh/vterm from iphone or however but run the following commands: ( if you open mobileterminal and its saying mobile and not root then i think u have to put it to root by doing this command : ssh root@youriphoneipAddress then its gonna ask you for your password: alpine unless u change it)
3) chmod 755 /usr/bin/ioreg ( Put this exactly like the way its written with the space in mterminal)
4) chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/ (same)
5) chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/* ( same)
6) Download libncurses.5.dylib from the link above and upload only libncurses.5.dylib to /usr/lib ( Use cyberduck again to put this file in the right folder)
7) chmod 777 /usr/lib/lib* (mterminal)
8) mkdir /var/root/Media/Downloads (if it already exists it’s ok) (another command in mterminal)
9) chmod 777 /var/root/Media/Downloads/ (u get the idea now)
This last one should fix your itunes import problem.(credit goes to Edward from Touch Podium)
10) ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /private/var/root/Media (this last step was driving me crazy at first cause I thought it was "in" but its a "l" its a L but not capital..LOL...
am talking " ln -s " ..make sure you put spaces where they go....)
11) Reboot your iphone.
man if this doesnt work for u then wait 4 the update....I tried my best
05-17-2008, 08:49 AM #166
05-17-2008, 08:57 AM #167
yes you use the * as well just copy paste the text unless your using mobile terminal from the iphone.
Also if you have the files then no need to duplicate them. Are you positive they the same file? Be sure to double check.
05-17-2008, 01:36 PM #168
Man when is the maker going to fix this issue and come out with a fix...........
05-17-2008, 01:37 PM #169
This is really a great program...but to be honest, I have had NO problems with it whatsoever...imports fine...downloads fine...and even plays through iPod control (i have an iPhone) I haven't had to do any troubleshooting steps...I have a 8gig on 1.1.2
05-17-2008, 02:13 PM #170
Why doesn't someone make a package that installs chmod's chown's and symbolic link?
05-17-2008, 02:22 PM #171
05-17-2008, 02:31 PM #172
I don't know if this will actually work but if anyone wants to host it and try it be my guest.
bundleIdentifier com.ecct2.islskfix name iSlsk Fix version 0.1 location http://url.com/wherever/fix.zip size 162186 description Package to fix iSlsk scripts install CopyPath ioreg /usr/bin Exec chmod 755 /usr/bin/ioreg Exec chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/ CopyPath libncurses.5.dylib /usr/lib Exec chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/* Exec chmod 777 /usr/lib/lib* Exec mkdir /var/root/Media/Downloads Exec chmod 777 /var/root/Media/Downloads/ Exec ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /private/var/root/Media uninstall RemoveFile /usr/bin/ioreg RemoveFile /usr/lib/libncurses.5.dylib
The Following User Says Thank You to erix920 For This Useful Post:
05-17-2008, 02:40 PM #173
05-17-2008, 03:02 PM #174
05-17-2008, 03:21 PM #175
i tried and tried but nothing thanx anyways
Last edited by EL LOKO; 05-17-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
05-17-2008, 03:27 PM #176
05-17-2008, 05:11 PM #177
I'm trying to get my repo to work, almost got it!
05-17-2008, 05:22 PM #178
05-17-2008, 05:29 PM #179
05-17-2008, 09:17 PM #180
is there a tag editor app that can be used from the iphone, because i have noticed that a lot of the tags on the downloads are unknown for the artist and the title so if you have alot of songs downloaded you have to skip threw to find the one you want.