Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Peer 2 Peer File Sharing Hits iPhone / iPod Touch with iSlsk

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this will seem dumb im sure but i am still new to the iphone and forum and was wondering how i would create a folder?!

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoyOhFour View Post
    this will seem dumb im sure but i am still new to the iphone and forum and was wondering how i would create a folder?!
    SSH into your phone. Once you have the right software for your OS it shouldn't be hard to figure out how to create a new folder.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanB For This Useful Post:

ToasterBoyOhFour (05-24-2008)

Thanks

and my noobness continues. how would i do that? i have openSSH installed. how do i go about accessing it and creating folders and so on? thanks for your help!

Thanks

Use your devices IP address and username: root, password: alpine.

Then, find the location you want to put the folder in and right-click "New>Directory".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    in step 6 if the file is already there to drag & drop the dl'd one in there anyway?
    in steps 5&7 we just copy&paste (with the star?)

mkdir: /var/root/Media: No such file or directory

any fix for this? should i keep proceeeding? any help would be greatly appreciated as this is all new to me. thanks.

i uninstalled and wanted to start over and now i get an error in installer that says "Error: Package download failed!" any help would be greatly appreciated. i think trying to SSH everything on my own ended up just ******* things up for myself. ughhhhhh!
    Last edited by ToasterBoyOhFour; 05-24-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a problem even after downloading the update today.. I can search and download files (mp3s) without any problem, but when I go to the ''Downloads'' tab, there is nothing at all there, just the text that says you have to navigate there manually... what can I do to make it work, please?

Am I wrong when I say the update to this app did not in any way fix the issue of finding and playing the downloads?
    Basement arcade. No I never grew up...thank goodness

the update did work for me cuz the app is working perfect

Thats odd, can anyone tell me why nothing has changed for me even after the update?

Thank You,

Program works fine over wifi! My only complaint is not being able to edit the download like artist name, album, track name. And maybe even gather album art. That would make this app perfect. Right now its a great app though. I can't connect via edge though. Is this wifi only?

@ timliora
    Did you try doing a hard restart on your phone? That could probably fix your problem. I know that made it work for me.

Thanks

Do the files import into your iTunes Library on the computer when synched? (sunch? lol)

And does most stuff in 0.2b work well? I heard of many problems with 0.1...

I can download the files fine over Edge. Are you saying they don't show up in your ipod library or download section of the app if you don't use wifi?

Also, did you guys change the permissions with iphonebrowser or another program before it worked? All I did was download the current version on installer and then hard reset and files don't show up after download for me.

Quote Originally Posted by timliora View Post
    I can download the files fine over Edge. Are you saying they don't show up in your ipod library or download section of the app if you don't use wifi?

Also, did you guys change the permissions with iphonebrowser or another program before it worked? All I did was download the current version on installer and then hard reset and files don't show up after download for me.
    No what I am saying is that im not able to connect at all via edge. So I cant search or download music thru edge. I have tmobile tzones plan btw Idk if this could be the problem.

it might be cuz i connect via edge fine too.....

Is it necessary to change the permissions to make the downloads show up in the download section?

When i use iphonebrowser it says "Iphone connected, not jailbroken" even though it is jailbroken. Finder won't change the permissions and I can't do it with iphonebrowser so if this is my problem I'm sh!t outta luck.

timliora, download WinSCP, then SSH into your iphone, google the program. after install of program, go into your phone, type in device IP address, goto iphone, settings/WIFI/ it should be something like this: 192.168.1.***, the last set is different, in WinSCP
    USER: root
    PASS: alpine

then goto var/root/media/downloads/
    right click download folder, properties, change to 0777

good luck
    DJ_Jimi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Jimi View Post
    timliora, download WinSCP, then SSH into your iphone, google the program. after install of program, go into your phone, type in device IP address, goto iphone, settings/WIFI/ it should be something like this: 192.168.1.***, the last set is different, in WinSCP
    USER: root
    PASS: alpine

then goto var/root/media/downloads/
    right click download folder, properties, change to 0777

good luck
    DJ_Jimi
    thank you so far. im stuck at var/root/media

after that, i only show a library folder. do i need to create a media and downloads folder?

This program does not put the downloads in the download section if you don't use wifi. Edge will download the files, but you can't find them.

like that other guy said, I CANT USE ISLSK ON TZONES EDGE, which sucks because thats the only time i will ever need to download music on my phone.....otherwise i have a friggin computer to put new songs on.

The application was working fine for a while but then after I rebooted my phone which puts the songs on my iPod player and when I went to open iPod app and it never does open but keeps crashing on me. I can double click the home button to view the player and play the songs but when I try to open the app it still crashes. What is the problem? Please help

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast