+ Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Peer 2 Peer File Sharing Hits iPhone / iPod Touch with iSlsk

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The maker of this sucks because he wont help us at all. I have not seen anyone get help except for forum members...maker please make us a fix...like i said
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The maker of this sucks because he wont help us at all. I have not seen anyone get help except for forum members...maker please make us a fix...like i said before alot of us want to use your program and cant...what the deal????

Oh I had to restore my phone twice becuse I tried everything forum members displayed for us to do. Nothing worked for me...

Green Apple
    Thanks

actually errrick is on the ball working on an update..you should check his website before you go busting his balls homie..I understand the frustraition, but his blog lets you know whats up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePT For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (05-19-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

errrick

No updates until he figures out the current problem.

I made yet another guide, hopefully easier to understand.

1. Start installer and add the source http://thebigboss.com/repo.xml if not already added.
    2. Refresh your sources then go into Install -> All Packages and search for iSlsk
    3. Once that it done downloading install OpenSSH from the Network category.
    4. Download WinSCP and connect to iPhone/iPod
    • You must have WiFi for this to work!
    • Go into settings on your iPhone/iPod then press Wi-Fi
    • Press the blue arrow on the right to open up the networks info
    • The IP Address is the number you need to connect to your device
    • Go into WinSCP and click “New” in the top right
    • Hostname is the IP address you just found in settings, Username is root Password is alpine.
    • The first time you connect it will take about 10-15 seconds, if it times out just try it again till you get a dialog box talking about a fingerprint.
    • You should now be logged into your device.
    5. Next you’ll need two files the you can get HERE
    6. Extract the iSlsk folder to your desktop
    7. Go back into WinSCP and browse to that folder on left
    8. On the right, navigate to /usr/bin and drag ioreg (in iSlsk folder) to the right side.
    9. Next, browse to /usr/lib/ and drag the file libncurses.5.dylib to the right side.
    10. After moving both files to their necessary location, at the top click Commands -> Open Terminal you should get a dialog box just click Okay.
    11. In the box right of “Enter Command” enter the following commands. (After each command it may seem like it’s frozen, just give it a few seconds.)
    • chmod 755 /usr/bin/ioreg
    • chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/
    • chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/*
    • chmod 777 /usr/lib/lib*
    • mkdir /var/root/Media/Downloads
    • chmod 777 /var/root/Media/Downloads/
    • ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /private/var/root/Media
    12. If none of these commands gave you an error, restart your phone and it should work!
    Last edited by erix920; 05-19-2008 at 06:30 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to erix920 For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (05-19-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThePT View Post
    actually errrick is on the ball working on an update..you should check his website before you go busting his balls homie..I understand the frustraition, but his blog lets you know whats up.
    I was not aware of his posting on his site..so sorry for bashing him i had a really bad couple of days trying to get this to work and i had to restore and do everything again..so again im sorry for bashing him..this is a great app keep up the great work.....

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    errrick

LOLOLOL Now this makes total sense to me...I think i did something wrong before..thank you for breaking it down step by step for us noobs..thanks again bro...
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 05-19-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    errrick

after each comman i have to press enter ??? can i do this wtih mac ??can i do this with cyberduck???
    Last edited by EL LOKO; 05-19-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have a mac, if anyone would like to clearify that would be excellent. But yes the commands are the same, the only difference is the program you use to transfer the files and to execute the commands.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would like to see P2P ringtones over the edge network. Complete 3MB songs over EDGE would suck at least where there is no wifi. 300 - 500 kb over edge would not take long at all.

Anyway Props to your program can't wait till all the bugs are fixed.

Thanks

I just downloaded the fix in recent packages it says it fixes the firewire GUID error and it didnt work for me but I just went to the website for iSlsk and it says the next update will be Wednesday or Thursday!!! It is supposed to fix the firewire GUID error!! Wooo!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My only issue for this program is that when my downloads are finished I can view them in the "Downloads" tab but they don't actually make it into my iPod. I click on Import and it says "Importing... Please wait..." but they never show up in my music. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cLiche View Post
    My only issue for this program is that when my downloads are finished I can view them in the "Downloads" tab but they don't actually make it into my iPod. I click on Import and it says "Importing... Please wait..." but they never show up in my music. Any ideas?
    I think this will be included in the update

Thanks

Yes...cant wait to try it out

iPhone? More like MyPhone Travace's Avatar
    Thanks

when i dl the files they are no where to be found and definitly is not in
    /var/mobile/Media/Downloads

where would the files i dled be ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    when i dl the files they are no where to be found and definitly is not in
    /var/mobile/Media/Downloads

where would the files i dled be ?
    You should read the posts before you ask a dumb question that has been covered about 75 times!!!! read post #137 for the best fix

Thanks

yess cant wait for this update! Finally

ps. IM REFESHING SOURCES LIKE A MAD MAN!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Travace's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    You should read the posts before you ask a dumb question that has been covered about 75 times!!!! read post #137 for the best fix

you can suck a ****.

Its far from a dumb question and im not going to read through 15 pages to find it. Thanks for your arrogant and uncalled for post tho because now i can go right to it.

Thanks

you can suck a ****.

Its far from a dumb question and im not going to read through 15 pages to find it. Thanks for your arrogant and uncalled for post tho because now i can go right to it.

lolololololollololol

iPhone? More like MyPhone jaredb03's Avatar
    Thanks

you can suck a ****.

You got to get it out of your as* first.

The reason there is 15 pages is because of people like you that ask the same question over and over!!!! instead of just reading a little bit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Transient's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    You got to get it out of your as* first.

The reason there is 15 pages is because of people like you that ask the same question over and over!!!! instead of just reading a little bit.
    Touche

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, I searched this thread (Didn't read all pages, just used the "search this thread" feature) and couldn't find anything about this:

I installed fine and also, like others, got the GUID error. I changed permissions like stated in the original post, and I was able to export the song. I went into my iPod app and saw it in there. I selected it, and it went to the music playing screen, but there was no sound. Also, when I went back to the screen with the list of songs, everything below that imported song was moved one place below where it's supposed to be. There is one song from each letter into the next letter catagory such as having my last "L" song appear at the top of the "M" songs. What is the best way to delete this supposed blank file?
    iPwn.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Listen Guys...there's a fix posted for the guid error we r all getting but that doesn't fix the problem with the song not showing up after dowloading. I know it's been posted about how to fix this problem but that was before this fix came into existance, so don't flame on me. Seems like this app has a mind of it's own,when i first installed it my downloads were fine and i would play the songs via Dropcopy app. Soon after my iphone crashed for other reasons but ever since the restore..jaibreak..etc the program does as described with the downloads not going to the phone.If someone could explain to me how to get the songs showing up even after applying this fix i would appeciate it greatly. By the way, the source for the fix is...http://i.hijinksinc.com
    Last edited by Sadow; 05-21-2008 at 08:28 PM.