Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
The maker of this sucks because he wont help us at all. I have not seen anyone get help except for forum members...maker please make us a fix...like i said...
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM #201
The maker of this sucks because he wont help us at all. I have not seen anyone get help except for forum members...maker please make us a fix...like i said before alot of us want to use your program and cant...what the deal????
Oh I had to restore my phone twice becuse I tried everything forum members displayed for us to do. Nothing worked for me...
05-19-2008, 05:49 PM #202
actually errrick is on the ball working on an update..you should check his website before you go busting his balls homie..I understand the frustraition, but his blog lets you know whats up.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePT For This Useful Post:
05-19-2008, 05:52 PM #203
No updates until he figures out the current problem.
I made yet another guide, hopefully easier to understand.
1. Start installer and add the source http://thebigboss.com/repo.xml if not already added.
2. Refresh your sources then go into Install -> All Packages and search for iSlsk
3. Once that it done downloading install OpenSSH from the Network category.
4. Download WinSCP and connect to iPhone/iPod
- You must have WiFi for this to work!
- Go into settings on your iPhone/iPod then press Wi-Fi
- Press the blue arrow on the right to open up the networks info
- The IP Address is the number you need to connect to your device
- Go into WinSCP and click “New” in the top right
- Hostname is the IP address you just found in settings, Username is root Password is alpine.
- The first time you connect it will take about 10-15 seconds, if it times out just try it again till you get a dialog box talking about a fingerprint.
- You should now be logged into your device.
6. Extract the iSlsk folder to your desktop
7. Go back into WinSCP and browse to that folder on left
8. On the right, navigate to /usr/bin and drag ioreg (in iSlsk folder) to the right side.
9. Next, browse to /usr/lib/ and drag the file libncurses.5.dylib to the right side.
10. After moving both files to their necessary location, at the top click Commands -> Open Terminal you should get a dialog box just click Okay.
11. In the box right of “Enter Command” enter the following commands. (After each command it may seem like it’s frozen, just give it a few seconds.)
- chmod 755 /usr/bin/ioreg
- chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/
- chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/*
- chmod 777 /usr/lib/lib*
- mkdir /var/root/Media/Downloads
- chmod 777 /var/root/Media/Downloads/
- ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /private/var/root/Media
Last edited by erix920; 05-19-2008 at 06:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to erix920 For This Useful Post:
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM #204
Last edited by coachballfirm; 05-19-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM #205
05-19-2008, 07:43 PM #206
I don't have a mac, if anyone would like to clearify that would be excellent. But yes the commands are the same, the only difference is the program you use to transfer the files and to execute the commands.
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM #207
I would like to see P2P ringtones over the edge network. Complete 3MB songs over EDGE would suck at least where there is no wifi. 300 - 500 kb over edge would not take long at all.
Anyway Props to your program can't wait till all the bugs are fixed.
05-20-2008, 07:37 AM #208
I just downloaded the fix in recent packages it says it fixes the firewire GUID error and it didnt work for me but I just went to the website for iSlsk and it says the next update will be Wednesday or Thursday!!! It is supposed to fix the firewire GUID error!! Wooo!
05-20-2008, 08:17 AM #209
My only issue for this program is that when my downloads are finished I can view them in the "Downloads" tab but they don't actually make it into my iPod. I click on Import and it says "Importing... Please wait..." but they never show up in my music. Any ideas?
05-20-2008, 08:29 AM #210
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM #211
Yes...cant wait to try it out
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM #212
when i dl the files they are no where to be found and definitly is not in
where would the files i dled be ?
05-20-2008, 02:26 PM #213
05-20-2008, 03:01 PM #214
yess cant wait for this update! Finally
ps. IM REFESHING SOURCES LIKE A MAD MAN!
05-20-2008, 04:26 PM #215
05-20-2008, 04:41 PM #216
05-20-2008, 06:33 PM #217
05-21-2008, 05:43 PM #218
05-21-2008, 06:24 PM #219
Well, I searched this thread (Didn't read all pages, just used the "search this thread" feature) and couldn't find anything about this:
I installed fine and also, like others, got the GUID error. I changed permissions like stated in the original post, and I was able to export the song. I went into my iPod app and saw it in there. I selected it, and it went to the music playing screen, but there was no sound. Also, when I went back to the screen with the list of songs, everything below that imported song was moved one place below where it's supposed to be. There is one song from each letter into the next letter catagory such as having my last "L" song appear at the top of the "M" songs. What is the best way to delete this supposed blank file?iPwn.
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM #220
Listen Guys...there's a fix posted for the guid error we r all getting but that doesn't fix the problem with the song not showing up after dowloading. I know it's been posted about how to fix this problem but that was before this fix came into existance, so don't flame on me. Seems like this app has a mind of it's own,when i first installed it my downloads were fine and i would play the songs via Dropcopy app. Soon after my iphone crashed for other reasons but ever since the restore..jaibreak..etc the program does as described with the downloads not going to the phone.If someone could explain to me how to get the songs showing up even after applying this fix i would appeciate it greatly. By the way, the source for the fix is...http://i.hijinksinc.com
Last edited by Sadow; 05-21-2008 at 08:28 PM.