Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Live TV and Video Chat on iPhone 3g

videoconferencing is shitbull... i have had 5 phones capable of that but i never really used it... maybe 4-5 times a year....

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    edit: videoconferencing might not be on the US model, apparently AT&T has a history of neutering video chat capable devices
    Double U Tee Eff??? That would be really really dumb if it didn't have it!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    theres already a video chat app on the iphone...for jailbroken phones...
    And which app would this be?......

I would love to know where this info is coming from. Something else that apple is notorious for is not leaking info. I like to think of MMI as a reliable source for info. Its like standing in line at the grocery store and looking at the tabloids. MMI would be People and any other site would be Starr magazine. But this info is pretty far fetched. Obviously there is a 3G iphone coming out. Steve said they had a working model 2-3 months ago but they were working on the battery life. I think all the speculations are bullplop until the phones show up in the store.

I have a 3g phone.

You will not be able to watch tv in real time. 3g is not that good. It still downloads chunks of data, albeit faster, and then plays them. Same with video conferencing. You will not be able to sustain a continous connection.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I agree... I had a 3G Samsung Blackjack with that TV program and it's not live.. it's all pre-recorded clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I agree... I had a 3G Samsung Blackjack with that TV program and it's not live.. it's all pre-recorded clips.
    OK. the blackjack is garbage(blackjack II is 100 times better) the mobitv is probably what you are talking about-gabage. ATT 3g is pretty damn good. if you are in the states it is actually proven the best. 3g i a generic term. The new iPhone will most likely be HSDPA or HSUPA even. 99% of att's 3g phone are hsdpa.

AT&T is already pushing for video conferencing in all 3G phones... having it in the iPhone is nothing new... as long as you're on a 3G network they said it will be enabled by like some time in July... I used to work for RadioShack and that's what my rep told us at least.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
    So were a lot of other things like Web Browsing and Listening to Music before the iPhone. :-D
    Touche
    iLive an iLife

if the U.S version is not gonna have video chat then I don't see the point in getting it.

I will believe it when I see it actually work. I have used the ATT 3G and I dont think it will work.

If they tack on yahoo, MSN and AIM messengers along with all this cool new groovy 3G ****. I might think about it.

lets just wish for GPS

really? Do you have to keep bringing more and more amazing info about the new iPhone! You guys just keep making it harder and harder for me to resist buying it.

As for the gps, hasn't it been said already that the new iPhone is going to have legit gps?
    Last edited by andypropaganda; 05-16-2008 at 11:15 AM.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
    So were a lot of other things like Web Browsing and Listening to Music before the iPhone. :-D
    You have a point, but it's not as good as you might think. Music and web browsing is not dependant on other people having web browsing or music available on their phones, and it's not dependant on other people's willingness to use it, or the quality of their music and web browsing. The fact is that most people prefer to talk on the phone, not conference with video. It might be a sweet thing if you have a girlfriend far away who likes to get naked for you. Otherwise it's a flop, and that's a fact.

how about the bluetooth connection. Will it be able to connect to other handheld phones and send some images, tones, etc? It would be much greater if they will change it. Also the ability to take video ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12