+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LivingArcana.com Announces Open-Source 3D Game Engine for Apple iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well if you've seen the games on the ipod - the cococa animation layer is awesome, even if not 3d. Wondering what opening up the sdk will do.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well if you've seen the games on the ipod - the cococa animation layer is awesome, even if not 3d.

Wondering what opening up the sdk will do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    They're developing a 3D graphics engine for the iphone -better looking games and apps. MAYBE for other emulators, but I personally don't see the PSP/PS2 happening, The roms are too big to be put sensibly on the iPhone, an average PS2 rom is 2gb, an average PSP rom is 1gb.
    who cares about space when my ipod cant barely play gba games(hopefully soon i will though) how do you think it will play psp isos? if sony could have made the psp slim as small as the iphone they wouldve. ipod touches and iphones dont have the power to play psp games

Thanks

Default woot
    wait, suddenly my iphone becomes a handheld gaming device that supports 3d graphics?? that is SO cool.

it really is a shame that apple refuses to support the modding community. it's like they get to reap all the benefits (i.e. people buying an iphone for such funtionality) without contributing anything (other than the phone itself). the least they could do is not screw us over every time they update the firmware. :/

edit:
    psp and ps2 games will never be playable on the iphone. that's totally improbable once you understand emulation.

it takes anywhere from 3 - 5 TIMES the processing power of the original system to emulate it. it can barely handle NES emulation, even after the awesome guys who worked on it slimmed it down a ton and made it extremely efficient, and you think you'll be able to emulate a PS2 or even a PSP? that's just ignorant. and what about mapping controls? go buy a psp if that's what you really want.

P.S. a huge thanks to the guys who worked on the NES emulator. it's really come a long way and we all really appreciate it.
    Last edited by chemicalcomfort; 11-13-2007 at 07:37 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ya, playing PSP games could be possible, but because of emulation, it is impossible. If you see the specs of iphone vs PSP, they have similar specs graphic and process wise. However, when you emulate a system it usually takes 4-6x the original specs to do it. That is why we see GBA and Snes emulators. Instead of PSP, I would much rather see nintendo DS emulators, because the iphone and DS are both touchscreen, and IMO it would be better to have touch screen games from the DS playing on iphone rather than button based PSP

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

yes b/c of emulation, that's why this has the potential of being so great, no emulation.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a dork! I just want a good bowling game!

I wish I had some mad skills to contribute to the community but alas I am just an end user.

Keep up the good work guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would it in installer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mario 64 on the iphone would be ill

Thanks

I'm not a huge gamer, so I can't really imagine any games that would would be mind blowing or awesome on the iPhone with only the use of the touch screen for controls.
    Omar C.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe some can finish the doom program for iphones with this. Also would he nice for them to get flash working on the iphone and numerous other things before 3d gaming. Sadly i am just an end user but things i would like way more than psp or ps2 games on my phone would be YahooIM flash support, a way to change the dialer keypad on 1.1.1 since customize wont do it, finish doom, and really just being able to use this device like a computer with programs that mock word, excell etc. Thanks dev team and all the ithers for theirneork and i know you all arent really part of this 3d thing anyways but i just think they should have asked users what they want and not guess on wat they want even though we reallybwant it all. Lol .......

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

nice
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

Yay! If only i could play halo 3 and gears of war on my iPhone, then my life would be complete...
    Oh well, i can dream can't i?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think its gonna be a while before we start seeing good games on the iphone. the iphone interface is a completely new philosophy, so game devs need fresh ideas.

..unless of course we get a bluetooth gamepad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea.. and SUPERGLUE the iPhone to our foreheads while holding the Bluetooth gamepad! lmao

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12