Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gameboy Advanced Emulator for iPhone/iPod Touch

hehe.. been very busy and nearly haven't got time to check for new programs.. now that i am back GBAemu is on too.. nice

ps. sound is not really stable tho..
    or because it's i am still on 1.0.2????

Got it to work!
    Anyone can recommend any good ROMs they've tested?

what about the classic mario kart?

mario kart is hard to play....kind of laggy, the frames skip occasionally

graphics and sound are fine for it though

I got it working great, but it does crash back to home screen when I hit rom list. This of course means I can't save. I am using version 1.0, I guess this is happening to everyone?

Default Not not working
    I was running it before the upgrade to .10 and the sound was still choppy.
    We'll get it eventually
    Last edited by cranie; 11-24-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Default 0.1.5
    0.1.5 is out

screen is bigger, controls are smaller (don't know if this is good or bad)

although the resolution of the screen did not change so it looks more pixelated

no noticeable improvements,
    sound is off now compared to previous versions (really choppy)

what does everyone else think?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

same here, other version seemed better

i think the silver controller looks better and is better responsive but bc of the bigger screen i think that games runs slower now, anyone else have the issue of the games seeming to play in slow motion?? (not super slow, but slower then suppose to be)???

Think the screen should increase in size like NES but the pixels be increased as well like NES did

Sound is much worse than in previous versions. Increased screen size is a good feature and smaller buttons too.

Better controller/screen but sound is still choppy. I've never had it NOT be choppy..

I think my vote is to forgo making changes and fix the issue at hand

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

i like this because i can still go back to the smaller screen, and i love the smaller buttons and the new colors, the full screen expect for the pixel problem, and the sound is kinda bad but hey im not complaining

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Default 0.1.9 Now Available
    0.1.9 is available from the website and should also appear on Installer shortly from what I've read.
    The sound is improved somewhat and the graphics are smoother/faster. For me sound is still choppy regardless of what I set Frame Skip to. As always I'll just keep plugging away at it

The link for the new version is
    http://www.zodttd.com/images/fbfiles...hone_0_1_9.zip

Apparantly, the improvments are:
    "
    - Performance increase from fixing dynarec memory allocation
    - Performance increase from fixing auto_frame_skip initialisation
    - Sound quality improved
    - Muting works properly, no longer crashes when exiting to ROMs list
    "

I'm having trouble getting it to read my bios. I know it is the correct one for it worked when I was at 1.0.2 and it is currently working on my psp gpsp, but it's just giving me the incorrect bios message on firmware 1.1.2, I have it named correctly "gba_bios" and have tried adding .bin to the title, but alas, it's not working. Is it even confirmed working on 1.1.2? I see no reason for it not to, my nes works fine

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is an extremely great app, but no offense, the default icon isn't too great. How about making it into the GameBoy logo or something a little better than the old GameBoy Advance... at least make it the newer SP or something...

0.5.0 Version now available..

They are releasing new versions like crazy..and jumping version numbers to boot!

Improvements:
    Changes in 0.5.0:
    - Considerable performance increase due to moving to Exophase's dynarec.
    - Considerable compatibility increase due to moving to Exophase's dynarec.
    - Save states format has been updated! Old save states most likely won't work!
    DL avail on zodttd.com and I'm sure on installer soon. I haven't tested yet but I am shortly and will report my findings as always !

Quote Originally Posted by auburnguy32 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting it to read my bios. I know it is the correct one for it worked when I was at 1.0.2 and it is currently working on my psp gpsp, but it's just giving me the incorrect bios message on firmware 1.1.2, I have it named correctly "gba_bios" and have tried adding .bin to the title, but alas, it's not working. Is it even confirmed working on 1.1.2? I see no reason for it not to, my nes works fine
    Check the bios permissions..make sure it's set to 755 or you'll get all sorts of weird issues.
    Last edited by cranie; 11-28-2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i dont notice any changes zelda minish still crashes 10min into playin it and the sound is still choppy

Default 0.5 verion
    Hey,

dont see any change 0.5 and 0.1.9 :/
    JP

Yeah..I don't really see a lot of difference as well. From what I read on the website he doesn't HAVE an iPhone so the sound issues may be more iPhone specific and not so much on the iTouch.

It seems to me that when the screen is more active the sound and graphis get choppier. I'm guessing a resource/CPU issue possibly.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast