Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gameboy Advanced Emulator for iPhone/iPod Touch

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    i got pkm ruby running! but ya, i get the same lines... also for me B=A, start=B, and A=Start, any1 else get this?
    I am getting the same controller problems where B=A, Start=B and A=Start. Anyone know a fix for this? Do I have the wrong GBA_Bios installed or is this just a bug?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nzbullet View Post
    I have installed this app, changed the permissions to 755, added mariokart ROM (the same one as in the video demo) to the correct folder (var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA) and I have added the gba_bios.bin to the Applications/gpSPhone.app/ folder.

The problem I have: Everytime I load it, it says "You have an incorrect BIOS image". I have downloaded 4 BIOS's from different sites and no matter which one I try it will not work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there something I am missing about the BIOS???

FYI - Running fw 1.1.1
    Just Google "gba_bios.bin" and its the first one. (If I said something I shouldn't have, please let me off with a warning, mods)

Quote Originally Posted by Donald.Brown01 View Post
    I am getting the same controller problems where B=A, Start=B and A=Start. Anyone know a fix for this? Do I have the wrong GBA_Bios installed or is this just a bug?
    Me too, I think its a bug from installer, when I install it manually from here, I don't get this problem. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by atlking View Post
    how do i change permission?
    By going into WinSCP (theres plenty of guides here) and then right-clicking on the file, going into "Properties", and where it says "Octal" put 755. But if you installed it with installer, you don't need to do this.
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 11-12-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1029 View Post
    Just Google "gba_bios.bin" and its the first one. (If I said something I shouldn't have, please let me off with a warning, mods)
    Yes I did that, and it still doesn't work. I have also tried installing the app from installer twice and manually once and still nothing.

UPDATE: I managed to get it to work, I thought I would try downloading the file on my windows machine as when I download it on my mac it doesn't keep the ".bin" extension it changes it to ".zip", and suprise suprise the windows machine kept it as ".bin" I uploaded it and straight away it worked! AWESOME first release
    Last edited by nzbullet; 11-12-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Fixed

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i got it all working. It does seem to have some bugs still. I can't wait for updates, this is NES back in day all over again. (yes, i know that was only a few months ago, but what i long way that has come)

sweet installed it manually. Took me awhile because the gba_bios.bin file that came with the package was the incorrect version. So i had to download the new version from Filefront and use that instead.

when i said do not link to that file I wasn't joking sport.
    This is by far the best working app on iphone to date provided by the community. Fantastic work with this guys.

One thing i have troubled with is getting sound with some games. Is that the specific game where the emulator just can not for some reason produce the sound output?

Anyone else have the same problem ?
    Last edited by smk420; 11-12-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks

[quote=smk420;92088]sweet installed it manually. Took me awhile because the gba_bios.bin file that came with the package was the incorrect version. So i had to download the new version from Filefront and use that instead.

You can get it from their website

Take that off before cash sees it! He'll ban you! Didn't you read the front page?

uh, I don't think you can place links to that gba file, thats considered warez isnt it? but yeah anyways, i installed the program both manually and installer and my buttons are still not right. I'm trying to play thats mario kart game but the rom doesnt even load up. on the screen it shows the location of where i put the rom at the top of the screen and on the bottom is says "press start to return to the main menu. (v0.0.4)

ninja edit: stupid me, i kept pressing the wrong button. well the mario kart game seems to load up now, but any fix to the messed up buttons?

How come I dont have the GBA folder in /var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA?

All I have is NES. Is something wrong?

Thanks
    i need major help the app wont load my game what do i have to do for this to run...please help...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

does anyone read these days?......

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    How come I dont have the GBA folder in /var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA?

All I have is NES. Is something wrong?

you have to create the GBA folder. You probably have the NES folder because you used BigBoss NES Rom's or you created it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    apparently not. You know the funny thing is, that everything that I have tried to mod on my iphone, there has been some sort of tutorial or just tons of posts about, and if you actually take the time to read it, it WORKS! If these people really want all these nifty programs and apps to work, you have to put in time to read it. If you cant make time to read how to make the app work, then maybe you shouldnt have it.

whoops double post

Thanks
    Yea but i have this funky *** screen that shows the list of the games then it will go to my root and b;lah blah blah if i hit A it is really weird

guys, please read the first post on how to install this... the instructions are all there on how to do it... I'm not a computer genius but I read through it, searched google, and everything works fine.. how hard can it be?

Dear lord!!!! Remove that link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your World, Unlocked!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curnaco View Post
    Dear lord!!!! Remove that link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He must have gotten burned for sure by now...

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

just curious...i know why we cant link roms cuz its illegal but why cant we link the bios thing? is that illegal too?

:edit: wow, these take a lot longer to upload into your iphone then the nes roms did
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 11-12-2007 at 04:51 PM.
    iLive an iLife

yea the GBA roms are between 4mb-8mb or even more sometimes... how much space do we have for all these games? does anybody know?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Pokemon Emerald is like 16 mb!! and anyone who has put emerald on their iphone, i know i saw someone with it, do you get a little message about a time clock that has the battery drained or something when you go to play it?
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    I think banning is too harsh since some people are clueless by nature and honestly are clueless rather than lazy but on another forum I visit we have a probation status (can't post for X hour/days) for people who obviously don't take the offer to read/go through a thread before asking a question that has already been answered. A forum community's content is based on the posts by its users and I think that we could do a lot better. It honestly maddens me when I see thread after thread of the same questions that have been answered countless times in previous threads, faqs, or wikis.

Hell, half the time a simple google search will give you an answer.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast