+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 1.1.2 software released Win/OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Like I said you have to do a LOT of digging and research. The instructions are not as simple as the ones that come with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. As far
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Like I said you have to do a LOT of digging and research. The instructions are not as simple as the ones that come with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. As far as using Independence with itunes 7.5 again there are other steps involved. You have to download and extra file and point independence to that file so that it will then work right. I cant remember where I found it, but I had to do A LOT of digging and piecing things together from different instuctions on different websites to finally get this to work. Also you cant just click on OSX you have to run it from terminal using a command line.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sailorguido For This Useful Post:

franmiele (11-14-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Like I said you have to do a LOT of digging and research. The instructions are not as simple as the ones that come with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. As far as using Independence with itunes 7.5 again there are other steps involved. You have to download and extra file and point independence to that file so that it will then work right. I cant remember where I found it, but I had to do A LOT of digging and piecing things together from different instuctions on different websites to finally get this to work. Also you cant just click on OSX you have to run it from terminal using a command line.
    well it's way over my head so I think I'll give up for now. I was able to get it back to 1.1.2 and it is activated, so i will wait. Maybe someone will write something s that the phone doesn't need to go back to 1.1.1 in order to hack it. One can only hope! Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franmiele View Post
    well it's way over my head so I think I'll give up for now. I was able to get it back to 1.1.2 and it is activated, so i will wait. Maybe someone will write something s that the phone doesn't need to go back to 1.1.1 in order to hack it. One can only hope! Thanks.
    yeah it was a nightmare for me as well, the directions def made it seem a lot easier than it was, I won't be doing an update for awhile unless the jailbreak method is very easy and seems to be successful for a lot of people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

at last after 2 days iphone not working, i managed to restore again.
    almost 2 sleepless nights doing research and hacking cause by 1.1.2 and now im back to 1.1.1 and freshly baseband install.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello guys iam new to this forum,
    one of my friend from US is bringing me a iphone and is going to purchase it on 15/16thnov.
    can u tell me wat version it will have 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.
    if its 1.1.2 its kind of troublesome procedure,how do i unlock and activate to work it here in INDIA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mavi View Post
    Hello guys iam new to this forum,
    one of my friend from US is bringing me a iphone and is going to purchase it on 15/16thnov.
    can u tell me wat version it will have 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.
    if its 1.1.2 its kind of troublesome procedure,how do i unlock and activate to work it here in INDIA.
    hi mavi, right now jailbreaking 1.1.2 is really pain in the *****! especially on your situation because you will use a different sim. for now your choice is to downgrade first to 1.0.2 and you have to downgrade also your baseband and then 1.1.1
    simpliest way to jailbreak the iphone is 1.1.1 and install anysim 1.1.1 to work in your place.

just sit tight and in a few days, there will be a easy jailbreak procedure for 1.1.2

edit: if your phone arrive, just pm me and i'll teach you how to jailbreak your iphone.
    Last edited by T4R06; 11-14-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franmiele View Post
    I have to go back 1.0.2????

I tried to go to 1.0.2 and it failed Now the phone is telling me to connect to itunes

Sorry i cant help you much more then just give you a link .. Sorry im haveing proplem right now with my main phone i can jailbreak it and get installer running but now i have programs rebooting my phone or just closeing i think i'll just stay with 1.1.2 without jailbreaking for now and just use my other jaulbreak phone to play around till they come out with something else and make installer stable..

Thanks

I have tried many times to jailbreak my 1.1.2 iphone and i cant determine the problem that is preventing me from doing so. Do i need to have the bsd subsystem package installed in order to get oktoprep installed correctly?

Also, when trying to get one touch to work, i always get an error message about iphuc not working. Does this mean i need to do all of the command line stuff to get it to work?

Will there be a true onetouch jailbreak for 1.1.2 anytime soon?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    YES!! Finally!
    This will definitely be built into iDemocracy 2.0 as an optional jailbreak process.

-- Drakenza
    Hey Drake!

Today is the 17th and No Idemocracy Yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Nothing new in that update, not even worth installing it.
    This is the best update yet as far as I'm concerned. Incoming SMS's from non numerical numbers are fixed, which means we can now recieve voicemail SMS's/bank sms's etc etc (may not affect Americans, dunno). Also Safari is reported to be sped up heaps, which can only be a good thing. Pages load in the background instead of reloading everytime you switch pages

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2!! I upgraded from a 1.1.1 unlocked phone to 1.1.2 WITHOUT OkToPrep, and now i just cant activate/unlock/jailbreak it. Anyone know where i should start? or how i can get back to 1.1.1 safely? Ive tried it all..
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    Hey Drake!

Today is the 17th and No Idemocracy Yet?
    Today is the 14th.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hackme For This Useful Post:

pokekid (12-07-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    I cant downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2!! I upgraded from a 1.1.1 unlocked phone to 1.1.2 WITHOUT OkToPrep, and now i just cant activate/unlock/jailbreak it. Anyone know where i should start? or how i can get back to 1.1.1 safely? Ive tried it all..
    you can go back to 1.1.1 but you will lose voice feature. semi-brick
    you have to downgrade to 1.0.2 then downgrade the baseband and after you can go back to 1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can someone help me out everytime i try to access a program where i have to use the keypad it shoots me back to the locked screen please someone help sorry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks So Much!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Guys I finally have an answer for you and I have a perfectly Jailbroken 1.1.2 phone. First off it only works on an INTEL Mac. That being said, the directions that come with the jailbreak LEAVE A LOT OUT. I dont know why the developers failed to mention CRUCIAL points but they did. I was sent a PM and the info in it got me up and running. Below is the PM. Make sure you go to the site linked in the PM and read EVERYTHING especially the comments and follow the instructions. There are steps you have to do before you run the "osx" app to get it to recognize the jar file. Here is the PM..

Now I can finally enjoy GBA on my 1.1.2 phone after two days of headache. You cant bet I wont be updating again for a LONG time. At least probably not till February.
    Finally worked for me! Thank you.
    Last edited by beeballr; 11-14-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Here is how I got My 1.1.2 Jailbreak on windows!!
    Hello forum,

This is my first post here but I hopw this helps out some......

I was able to jailbreak my iphone running 1.1.2 software by doing the following:

1st I uninstalled itunes on my pc it was the new 7.5 version and then downloaded the 7.4...version installed it and then held the power button and home button's untill reboot. The phone came on saying please restore your phone......

2- I held the shift key on my pc then clicked restore in itunes....it gave me an option to select the software i wanted to use....I selected 1.1.1 and then the itunes did a restore and at the end it gave me error 1015 code and stayed in A restore like mode saying please connect cable(image of cable on iphone) So I had to get the phone out of this dfu mode I did this by downloading the apptapp installer program available for download on the internet...just search...I installed it on my pc it opened and asked what version of iphone i was running so I just clicked the newest version in there which was 1.0.2 then the apptapp installed and then it booted my iphone out of the restore mode and left me with the emergency calls only mode.

3- I performed the steps of adding the jailbreakme.com website using the *#307# method...(search here) and after that i was able to add apptapp through the wifi connection in my house.

4- the only thing I downloaded from the installer was apptapp and the oktoprep.....I did not turn my phone off........I then closed itunes and then held the power and home buttons again to put me in restore mode and opened up itunes again on my pc.....

5- The next thing that happened was that I clicked shift on my pc and then check for update in itunes and was told there was a new update IE 1.1.2 I already downloaded the firmware.When I held shift chk for updates a new box opened in windows allowing me to search for the file..I clicked 1.1.2 which I stored in itunes.....the update installed the phone activated and I was ready for the last step........Close itunes and open the jailbreak file you downloaded and start it...I clicked the windows batt file and the the program did the rest...Installed apptapp and open ssh....and i was done......I tried like 5 times to jailbrek my phone after I did this the right way I was kicking myself for trying so hard.....it is really easy just follow the directions...............Mike

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what if you've already upgraded to 1.1.2 without installing okto prep? im runnning mac osx tiger with itunes 7.4

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Same question here... I installed OkTo before upgrading, and then when I upgraded, I recieved an error, and had to start over, which I assume is what's causing my problem..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCMedic View Post
    Same question here... I installed OkTo before upgrading, and then when I upgraded, I recieved an error, and had to start over, which I assume is what's causing my problem..
    Thats is what I did....I installed oktoprep while in 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.2 but then got an error saying in ored to jailbreak I had to install oktoprep....However I know I Installed oktoprep but it did not work....
    I then used the above method to re-install 1.1.1 and at the end of installation I got error 1015 in itunes....Thats ok though because you then use the apptapp installer program for your pc to get the phone out of boot mode....See my above post............Hope this helps....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Here's the ****** part.. I'm a mac guy.. Any suggestions?