Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
yes, I have windows. I have tried 4 times and have rebooted about 10 times. Think the problem lies in the update, oktoprep must not be surviving the 1.1.2 update....
11-11-2007, 09:43 PM #41
yes, I have windows. I have tried 4 times and have rebooted about 10 times. Think the problem lies in the update, oktoprep must not be surviving the 1.1.2 update. Or perhaps more is required for onetouch to operate correctly. I have . Net frameworks 3.0 and everything runs well. When I try to use onetouch though, I get an error saying that iphuc has had an error and I am prompted to send an error report.
11-11-2007, 09:48 PM #42
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM #43
great job was able to do it about 10 min, if any one needs help for doing it on windows will be happy to help
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM #44
Ok, there are several folks (including myself) who are claiming to have gone through the process as directed and are getting to 1.1.2, firing up the JailBreak Java app and getting
Cannot connect to your device: Please plug your iPod/iPhone into your computer. If you're still having trouble, restart the computer, reconnect the device and try again.
When ./osx is telling me this, ./iphuc.ppc can get in just fine and is sitting there waiting for something to do. With an ls I can see the AppSnapp.log file sitting there, so I'm pretty confident I didn't get Restored, just Upgraded. Has anyone else used iphuc to see if they can truly get into the phone and exit cleanly? Perhaps some of the automation could be taken out of the process and we enter commands manually?
I'm on a PowerPC Mac; who else having trouble is on a PowerPC Mac?
Who's on an Intel Mac?
Who's on Windows?
Last edited by CaryDude; 11-11-2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Forgot another detail
11-11-2007, 10:15 PM #45
It says i didn't install the OkToPrep even though i did.......damn
11-11-2007, 10:16 PM #46
Wait.. this is what i've done--->
downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbreak and used oktel thing.... upgrade to 1.1.2 and download that pkg, and in that file, open up "osx" or jailbreak.jar?
Last edited by ~W~; 11-11-2007 at 10:20 PM.
11-11-2007, 10:24 PM #47
hmm - cant they make this so OkToPrep works with appsnapp?
I need a way to Hacktivate my iphone toomyRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM #48I am sure everyone hates the noon questins...
So I have been seeing some issues on here with jailbreaking and I did the appsnapp last week and my phone was kind of stuttering so i did a restore.
So i would greatly appreciate some one to answer a couple questions for a fellow iphone owner...
1. So today I took my phone back and got a new replacement because it was kind of stuttering between apps. Does anyone else have this sometimes? Is this normal?
2. I have heard that there have been problems with appsnapp loading, so is this still happening?
3. So if I jailbreak again and apple releases another firmware does anyone feel they will brick jailbroke phones or just those are unlocked not on at &t?
As always everyone is a great help on the site...
11-11-2007, 10:28 PM #49
11-11-2007, 10:35 PM #50
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM #51
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I WRONG ALL OF THIS MOTHOD for firmware 1.1.2 is just jailbreak right ? SO what is the point if just jailbreak ur fone and couldn't unlock the sim.....
11-11-2007, 11:02 PM #52
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM #53
ok anyone having trouble with ssh? i keep getting this error "Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended)."
at the top it says
connection closed unexpectedly server sent command exit status 127
nevermind i figured it out
Last edited by Affliction; 11-11-2007 at 11:35 PM.
11-11-2007, 11:20 PM #54
11-11-2007, 11:43 PM #55Doesnt work
I have a phone with 1.1.2 on it (becuase apple had me upgrade) I have came back to 1.1.1 8 times and nothing works (not even getting the patch or what ever from installer) it wont give you a chance to activate the phone and it shows no bars for at&t. I have had to downgrade to 1.0.2 and load everything from there.. IT doesnt work if you have had 1.1.2 on your phone to go to 1.1.1...
11-12-2007, 12:02 AM #56
thats goodIphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
11-12-2007, 12:21 AM #57
i think there is a certain way you have to downgrade i downgraded and used a walkthrough and mine worked fine the only prob i had was with openssh but i fixed that, now the only thing i can do is instal dock which is making me mad but maybe it will b fixed soon good luck to all im updated and good to go thanks for all the help from the forums
11-12-2007, 12:42 AM #58
Great news everyone,
iDemocracy 2.0 now has the official Dev Team 1.1.2 jailbreak incorporated as an optional part of the process. It will guide you through the whole thing so don't worry. (Tested and confirmed working). It can unlock 1.1.2 as well using the Elite Team's method.
Not only that, but it brings a number of features (most of which are yet undisclosed... believe me ) which I can confirm all work splendidly well on firmware 1.1.2.
Also, a couple of answers:
- About the slow Installer.app thing, it's been like that for me since 1.1.1 (actually since they came up with v3.0). Especially refreshing sources and all that. It seems to be getting worse now, but I think the AppTapp guys are working on it. I'm pretty sure there are no 1.1.2-specific problems.
- People having trouble getting the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work: I had to use iTunes 7.4 to restore to 1.1.1 and then upgrade to iTunes 7.5 to do the update to 1.1.2 before the jailbreak would download from the iPhone properly. Dunno why, but that fixed it for me and might help you as well.
- People who aren't getting how this process works: Go in this sequence--First, use Installer.app in 1.1.1 to install OktoPrep (in the Tweaks 1.1.1 Section). Then upgrade to 1.1.2 in iTunes. Then run the jailbreak by double clicking "windows.bat" on Windows or "osx" in OS X.
- People who can't upgrade to 1.1.2 in iTunes: Not all iTunes are seeing 1.1.2 for some reason. To get around this, go the the Downloads section on this site, and then the Firmware folder. Download firmware 1.1.2 and save it somewhere. In iTunes, SHIFT+Click "Check for Updates" with your 1.1.1 iPhone plugged in, and choose the ipsw file. You do not need to be in recovery/DFU mode in order to do this.
Hope that helps a few people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:
11-12-2007, 02:09 AM #59
hi mate can you help me, i bought a iphone unlocked, when i got it worked fine then i went on i tunes and upgraded it, it now says insert sim, is it stuffed, can it be fixed if so were do i go , how do i do it, your help will be appreciated thanks kyle
11-12-2007, 02:27 AM #60