Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 1.1.2 software released Win/OS X

You can download 1.1.2 in the dl section here and when you goto the "update" button in windows press and hold shift, it gives you the option of chosing another file, find the 1.1.2 file and select open.
    Last edited by rfracing; 11-11-2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Worked for me also no problems at all

I installed oktoprep in 1.1.1 then restored to 1.1.2 and i cant get this the onetouch jailbreak to work. I just get an error message telling me to try to restart my computer and reconnect my iphone. Anybody know why this is happening? Is there a way to update to 1.1.2 right now or can we only restore?

Is it supposed to take forever on the Reading Flash Image or is it just me...?
    EDIT: Looks like it hangs on that step. Anyone else on Vista having this problem? Something to do with Admin permissions or something stupid like that?
    Last edited by Drakenza; 11-11-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    I installed oktoprep in 1.1.1 then restored to 1.1.2 and i cant get this the onetouch jailbreak to work. I just get an error message telling me to try to restart my computer and reconnect my iphone. Anybody know why this is happening? Is there a way to update to 1.1.2 right now or can we only restore?
    read my above post works flawlessly!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rfracing For This Useful Post:

Hackme (11-11-2007)

ok, thanks ill try that. that means i have to downgrade back to 1.1.1 again though
    thats my mistake though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    Is it supposed to take forever on the Reading Flash Image or is it just me...?
    EDIT: Looks like it hangs on that step. Anyone else on Vista having this problem? Something to do with Admin permissions or something stupid like that?

Takes about ten minutes

Thanks
    yes im usa....and it took me like 10 min....summerboard no themes =[

I just got done with this process, took about 10 mins on XP, dl'd 1.1.2 from the dl area and upgrade to iTunes 7.5, click on update software and 1.1.1 is the update - press and hold shift and it gives the option of finding another file - selected the dl'd 1.1.2 and update -- NOT RESTORE -- took about ten minutes and then rebooted the phone, lets see what happened!? Erased all progs and ringtones - left with app.installer and must reload all progs and etc.... all music, vids, and setting still intact. GREAT WORK DEV TEAM!!! Awesome upgrade !!

Don't get too carried away guys. It's a minor update. Nothing important. Said, "don't fix if not broke".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to manille For This Useful Post:

pokekid (12-07-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by rfracing View Post
    I just got done with this process, took about 10 mins on XP, dl'd 1.1.2 from the dl area and upgrade to iTunes 7.5, click on update software and 1.1.1 is the update - press and hold shift and it gives the option of finding another file - selected the dl'd 1.1.2 and update -- NOT RESTORE -- took about ten minutes and then rebooted the phone, lets see what happened!? Erased all progs and ringtones - left with app.installer and must reload all progs and etc.... all music, vids, and setting still intact. GREAT WORK DEV TEAM!!! Awesome upgrade !!
    Firmware - 1.1.2 (3B48b) Modem 04.02.13G

Thanks

All my apps are still on phone after update nice

No, there's something definitely wrong...
    It's been more than 10 minutes and I see nothing but "Reading flash image..."
    The progress bar is empty except for a tiny little sliver.
    The output window shows "0/314572800"
    iPhone is running normally...

I've done this on my Vista computer and my Leopard-running iMac so I'm concluding that I didn't update properly somehow... Going back to iTunes, downgrading to FW 1.1.1, and trying again.

By the way, does anyone know if I need iTunes 7.5 in order to upgrade to 1.1.2? I did it with iTunes 7.4.x and it did everything just fine, but now I end up with this...

Thanks,

Drakenza

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Thanks for putting out this post. I am one of the users that has been confused . With your directions I upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, jailbreaked in less than 15 minutes, Thanks Again...KUDOS to you.

The 1.1.2 jailbreak still can not find my iphone. I have downgraded to 1.1.1 and installed oktoprep via installer and then i updated with the shift+update option to 1.1.2 . Now when i try to jailbreak with onetouch i get the error saying to reconnect my iphone and restart my computer...
    im not sure what im doing wrong, anyone have the same problems??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This literally was posted on TUAW about 30 seconds after I was trying to manually Jailbreak 1.1.2 using iPhuc!! Worked perfectly. Just note that after it uploads the reflashed image it will hang on a blinking cursor...at that point you can close the window and then reboot your iPhone. Once it reboots, it will reboot again by itself after which you should be all set.

Thanks to all for this. Happily back with my custom iPhone on 1.1.2

There is a ghost in the system - after installing Summerboard my old theme came up, just to let you all know - still have to install each one from installer on my upgrade....

my iphone is now on 1.1.2 great! just have too reload all of my programs.

thanks!!

can someone please tell me their exact steps of this process. I have been trying to jailbrek 1.1.2 for a couple hours and still no success. No matter what I do, onetouch can not recognize my iPhone. I installed oktoprep but I'm not sure if I did everything right.should I have turned my phone off and then back on after installing oktoprep??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    can someone please tell me their exact steps of this process. I have been trying to jailbrek 1.1.2 for a couple hours and still no success. No matter what I do, onetouch can not recognize my iPhone. I installed oktoprep but I'm not sure if I did everything right.should I have turned my phone off and then back on after installing oktoprep??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    That is always a good idea, but I can't guarantee that would help. Windows? If so start the process with a fresh boot!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast