Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 1.1.2 software released Win/OS X

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by

[COLOR="DarkRed"
    Note: if you did not install OktoPrep before you upgraded to 1.1.2 none of this will work[/COLOR]

... so lets say someone did, any steps to undo this?

Thanks

I strongly recommend that people hold onto your horses and wait for the next major release of the firmware. I don't see any fancy in this release, which makes it necessary to upgrade - as it was in the case of v1.0.2 - v1.1.1

Cheers to all who did not upgrade yet. 1.1.1 still rocks so the Dev Team

i unlocked my iphone using IPSF and upgraded to 1.1.1 and today to 1.1.2 then downgraded to 1.0.2 just to test if the unlock will still work..well guess what?
    I'm now running an unlocked modem basband 4.02.13_G without the need to run IPSF again.

I do believe now that the IPSF unlock is permanent.

this software worked awesome on xp

wow, it was a lot of work but i finally got it. things that helped me were this website "http://www.unlockthatiphone.com/process.php" and using ifuntastic randomly to pull the phone out of the endless connect to itunes in 1.1.1.
    note: did not pay for their stupid service but it was helpful for moving from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am stuck... It hangs up right here every time! Any thoughts

well finally got it after 10 or so tries
    Last edited by phifer8390; 11-19-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Hey This Works For 1.1.2!!!!
    GO TO THIS WEB SITE IT WORKS ON WINDOWS AND MACS

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Finally did the upgrade tonight. Conceited software would not run in XP stalled at the get go with a message about "Unknown process" in command window. Switched to the Mac and ran jailbreak.jar and it worked like a charm. Apps need to be reloaded via Installer but it was worth it.

please help as I have jail breaked on iphone version 1.1.2 but cannot get carrier signal and unlock it. Is it possible with baseband 04.02.13_G??

nice
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

i've just upgraded to 1.1.2 from 1.0.2 but cant downgrade using iTunes - any suggestions?
    help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    hi mavi, right now jailbreaking 1.1.2 is really pain in the *****! especially on your situation because you will use a different sim. for now your choice is to downgrade first to 1.0.2 and you have to downgrade also your baseband and then 1.1.1
    simpliest way to jailbreak the iphone is 1.1.1 and install anysim 1.1.1 to work in your place.

just sit tight and in a few days, there will be a easy jailbreak procedure for 1.1.2

edit: if your phone arrive, just pm me and i'll teach you how to jailbreak your iphone.
    I think this will work only if you have the old bootloader 3.9...but the new one 4.xx you can unlock the sim.

how to check ur weeks that ur iphone manufactured.
    4th digit/5th digit of ur serial number
    45 and above has new bootloader. We can Jailbreak but not unlock the phone for any sim.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Quote Originally Posted by max007 View Post
    please help as I have jail breaked on iphone version 1.1.2 but cannot get carrier signal and unlock it. Is it possible with baseband 04.02.13_G??
    I think you are misunderstanding the differences in an UNLOCKED phone and a JAILBROKEN phone.

An Unlocked/Jailbroken phone allows you to be able to load 3rd party apps AS WELL AS use the phone for phone calls...This is the TOTAL PACKAGE SOLUTION...

A Jailbroken ONLY phone only allows you to use pretty much everything (wifi, 3rd party apps, etc) EXCEPT the use of the phone...You pretty much have an iPod Touch (for now).

Hope this clears things up....

Just remember:

JAILBREAK = Use of 3rd party apps, Wifi, etc but NO PHONE USE/CALLS
    UNLOCKED & JAILBROKEN = Use of EVERYTHING..

Currently any iPhones with version firmware 1.1.2 OOTB (Out of the Box) cannot be UNLOCKED - Only JAILBROKEN via software....There is a way of UNLOCKING 1.1.2 OOTB phones though via hardware-> just google/search the forums for: TURBOSIM or STEALTH SIM

Default Does 1.1.2 work with anysim?
    Nice advice, I just wonder this work with anysim unlock s/w?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    So many are confused about how exactly to jailbreak to 1.1.2

If you are running a 1.1.2 phone you need to get back to 1.1.1. This method is documented countless times on this site and the rest of the web. If is also included in the readme file packaged in the zip file linked below.

Now that you have a 1.1.1 phone you need to get installer working.

Install OktoPrep via Installer

upgrade to 1.1.2

Conceited software has released software that will jailbreak 1.1.2, installs installer, and install ssh app. Both windows and mac versions are available and you can get them here:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Run the conceited software 1.1.2 jailbreak software, it will take about 10 minutes to complete.

Note: if you did not install OktoPrep before you upgraded to 1.1.2 none of this will work

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011