+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 1.1.2 software released Win/OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cash7c3 So many are confused about how exactly to jailbreak to 1.1.2 If you are running a 1.1.2 phone you need to get back to 1.1.1. This
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    So many are confused about how exactly to jailbreak to 1.1.2

If you are running a 1.1.2 phone you need to get back to 1.1.1. This method is documented countless times on this site and the rest of the web. If is also included in the readme file packaged in the zip file linked below.

Now that you have a 1.1.1 phone you need to get installer working.

Install OktoPrep via Installer

upgrade to 1.1.2

Conceited software has released software that will jailbreak 1.1.2, installs installer, and install ssh app. Both windows and mac versions are available and you can get them here:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Run the conceited software 1.1.2 jailbreak software, it will take about 10 minutes to complete.

Note: if you did not install OktoPrep before you upgraded to 1.1.2 none of this will work
    Thank you for providing us with the information. Unfortunately, my iPhone kept jumping to the home screen and when I did a restore, it automatically updated to 1.1.2. I didn't have the opportunity to download the OktoPrep. Can you direct me to the process of downgrading to 1.1.1? I attempted to downgrade to 1.0.2 and was successful; however, I couldn't get YouTube, Weather and Stocks to work. Is there a downgrade to 1.1.1 for dummies; which will also allow You Tube, Stocks and Weather to work? I don't need to unlock my phone since I am an at&t customer. Please advise. Thank you again for your continued support in allowing me to install third party softwares.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    you can go back to 1.1.1 but you will lose voice feature. semi-brick
    you have to downgrade to 1.0.2 then downgrade the baseband and after you can go back to 1.1.1
    yea i understand that, but i am not able to downgrade to 1.1.1, it gives me an error and stays on the itunes logo picture on my phone. i cant downgrade to 1.0.2 either, just stays in restore mode. i didnt install oktoprep before i upgraded to 1.1.2 tho. now i do not know what to do!
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so Mike, is your phone unlocked as well? or just jailbroken?

by the way, Mike, so I followed your instruction, and i got it down from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and activated. But I believe the modem firware is still 4.0.2, then how can I unlock it?

Original: 1.1.2 / 4.0.2
    Mike method: 1.1.1 / 4.0.2 ---> how to unlock? won't work I guess...
    1.1.1 / 4.0.1 ---> unlock will work, but how can I downgrade the baseband from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1?
    HAVE ANYBODY TRIED IT YET? I am afraid if I do it, i will permanently bricked my phone (by bricking means I will get the "repair needed" message, and I it happened to me once already!!!)
    Last edited by xtoza; 11-15-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default hey
    1.1.2 jailbreak package has been updated as of just a few minutes ago. Same URL. Includes activation, youtube fix, PPC support, springboard crash solved in touches, etc.
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What About Unlocking? Everybody Was Talking About "jailbreak", But What About "unlocking" So That It Could Be Used With Non-at&t Sim Card???

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone popmanbx's Avatar
    Thanks

this downgrade stuff just isn't working out for me. i've tried everything that was outlined here twice and it just won't work. does anybody know if there is gonna be a easy one touch way made for 1.1.2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default link to 1.1.1 download
    I cant find a link to download the 1.1.1 firmware. I just need that so I can downgrade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i'm new to this
    i had 1.0.2 then i upgrade straight to 1.1.2 .

i can't seem to downgrade. i don't mean to be a pain . i'm just new to all this.

i have excess to mac and windows. can somebody help.

thanks,
    darrell

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xtoza View Post
    so Mike, is your phone unlocked as well? or just jailbroken?

by the way, Mike, so I followed your instruction, and i got it down from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and activated. But I believe the modem firware is still 4.0.2, then how can I unlock it?

Original: 1.1.2 / 4.0.2
    Mike method: 1.1.1 / 4.0.2 ---> how to unlock? won't work I guess...
    1.1.1 / 4.0.1 ---> unlock will work, but how can I downgrade the baseband from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1?
    HAVE ANYBODY TRIED IT YET? I am afraid if I do it, i will permanently bricked my phone (by bricking means I will get the "repair needed" message, and I it happened to me once already!!!)
    I have not unlocked my iphone yet it is just jailbroken which allows 3rd pty apps. however when they come out with the unlock for 1.1.2 you will be ready to use it to your advantage.......Hope this helps........Mike P.S. you are right the baseband stays to the new one....but if you want to go back to 1.1.1 baseband you will have to follow the downgrade firmware info on this site.........If you did what I said with the downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 then you won't have a problem........Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SCMedic View Post
    Here's the ****** part.. I'm a mac guy.. Any suggestions?
    Yes instead of the apptapp installer for pc you can download the indepen app download available in downloads....install it then run it after you downgrade to 1.1.1 and it will boot your phone out of DFU Mode.........
    Last edited by mikejoann; 11-16-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mikejoann For This Useful Post:

yowiphone (11-16-2007)

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

amazed

i love u guys but say we downgrade will it be possible to unlcokon a downgraded 1.1.1
    Last edited by yowiphone; 11-16-2007 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mike,

So now my phone has 1.1.1 firmware + 4.0.2 baseband.
    I know that there are software (virginizer pack) to downgrade baseband from 4.0.1 to 3.1.4.
    My question is: will the software work the same way to downgrade baseband from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 or from 4.0.2 to 3.1.4???
    My concern is that if I "assume" it works that way, but i may not, and may permanently damage my phone!!! and I will get the message "Repair Needed" pops up on my phone!

Has anyone tried it yet? any result?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did everything good,and i have jailbroken phone now, but when i try to make a call or someone is calling me I don't see it than after that the phone is showing recents but when i try tu see who called me the program chrashes, also when i want to make a call i press a number on keyboard and oopps the program chrashes. any help please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the Oktoprep and upgraded to 1.1.2...now I ahve an incorrect Sim.
    Help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this method is for unlocked iphones i believe..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Here's where I'm at..

I successfully downgraded to 1.1.1, got the error (1015), plugged in iNdependence, busted it out of connect to itunes mode, installed installer via the web, and then oKto.

I then upgraded to 1.1.2 successfully. When I ran 1.1.2 jailbreak pack, terminal gave me an error, saying it could not connect to jailbreak.jar..

Soo.. I'm stuck.. Suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
    this method is for unlocked iphones i believe..
    This method can be used on any phone that doesn't have the new 4.6 bootloader. Another guide is in the works... Oh boy another one. If you are unlocked already on 1.1.1 you don't need 112 unless you speak languages other than English. This hack is a real PITA with little benefit. It can be done.
    Hmm...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Right. Which is why I haven't yet put up the guide. I believe it will create more issues than give benefits. No need to upgrade yet.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astrit_idrizi View Post
    I did everything good,and i have jailbroken phone now, but when i try to make a call or someone is calling me I don't see it than after that the phone is showing recents but when i try tu see who called me the program chrashes, also when i want to make a call i press a number on keyboard and oopps the program chrashes. any help please
    I'm at 1.1.2 as well & have the same problem. Everytime I click the MobilePhone it crashes. Need to look at the FS to see if something has changed from 1.1.1. Probably should start a new post with this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Right. Which is why I haven't yet put up the guide. I believe it will create more issues than give benefits. No need to upgrade yet.
    In my case, I had no choice...but what should I do now?
    Phone works with an ATT sim only!!!
    Thanks