+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Version 1.0.1 is out!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...the pictures back from camera roll after a full restore? I have taken many pics for contact pictures and backed them up on my mac before doing the restore but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does anyone know how to get...
    ...the pictures back from camera roll after a full restore? I have taken many pics for contact pictures and backed them up on my mac before doing the restore but now when I try and sync them to my iphone they come out sideways and don't fill the whole screen. Any ideas how to fix that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh...my...God! I just lost ALL of my data because I got that 0x error, and then I had no choice but to restore. Then when I tried to RESYNC through Itunes after it was done, it errored out AGAIN. So now I have a plain IPHONE, no contacts, NOTHING. This is all because I used Funtastic? Had I known this was the cost of free ringtones, I'd have passed. NOW WHAT?

OK, after I restored to factory settings (twice now), I am asked if I want to restore the backup from my Mac, and I get this error:

"Itunes could not restore the IPhone "IPhone" because a timeout occurred while waiting for the IPhone to restore."

Then I'm dead in the water. I REALLY don't want to have to re-enter all my stuff into this bloody phone! Anyone know how I can get my backup stuff back onto my phone? If I have to run a script, I have NO idea how to do this, I would need baby steps. Any help is mucho appreciado!
    Last edited by DRM4GOD; 08-04-2007 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

DRM4GOD - once the download of the new firmware completes (the restore file, its around 90something MB) THEN connect to iTunes while your phone is in restore mode (hold sleep and home for 25 seconds to get to restore mode). As long as you've synced before, you're fine.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anybody having any problems getting the connect to iTunes screen? I can't seem to get it since the update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    DRM4GOD - once the download of the new firmware completes (the restore file, its around 90something MB) THEN connect to iTunes while your phone is in restore mode (hold sleep and home for 25 seconds to get to restore mode). As long as you've synced before, you're fine.
    Whew, you're right, EXCEPT that I got the following message when selecting the backup in ITunes: "iTimes could not restore the iPhone "iPhone" because a timeout occurred while waiting for the iPhone to restore." I got it attempting it several times. Called Apple, and Apu said to restart the phone and the Mac, which of course instantly resolved the problem. HOWEVER, I lost all my photos and contact photos, but got back everything else. Thanks!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Good to go. Usually that error is cause iTunes takes too long to download the 92 MB file, so the iPhone shuts off while waiting. For me, I just connected in restore mode again, and it worked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default all ringtones do not work now
    I upgraded to 1.01 and now all of ringtones do not work. They are listed and I can play them. But after they are selected, the phone will not ring them. Vibrate works, but not any ringtone.

Help....

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Try deleting them and reinstalling them?

Thanks

This sounds like a big hassle! I just spent 6 hours last night installing ROMs. I've got the phone set the way I like it. I dont want to have to go through everything again! Im worried about my contacts and such being lost. What should I be doing before hand so I dont lose everything?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quick question. I just got mine up and running after all went bad with adding some new apps. Do I jailbreak using the old firmware files? or the new firmware files? I did it with the new files and now sshkit doesn't work. I can't connect through WinSCP anymore.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Old firmware files.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey oh the new ifuntastics: how do i change something on the homscreen without having to put all the icons back each time

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123