Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g Settings in 2.0 Firmware

The thing is, if they don't upgrade the batteries there is a lot less hassle for them as they can keep buying from the same company as the 1G iphones.

Quote Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
    I really hope us 1st gen users get a discount, that would be good.
    You are NOT getting any discount. Get over it already. Do you see iPod purchasers getting deals every time a new model comes out? No you don't. I don't know why people have this sense of entitlement, it is quite misplaced. No one told you to buy the phone.

Early adopters are lucky they got $100 store credits after the price drop.
    Last edited by exNavy; 05-11-2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Hmm...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (05-12-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
    Wow, some people are awfully stupid here. Just because they release the same software for a device doesn't magically make it have that feature. Every version of Windows includes support for A Laptop Battery, but just because you install Windows XP that doesn't mean you can unplug your computer and walk around. Go ahead, try it, I know you are curious now. I will wait....

Rebooted yet? Alright. The iPod Touch has been running the same "Version" as the iPhones for as long as it has been out, that doesn't mean it can suddenly make calls. What people, okay, not normal people, either way, don't understand is that the current hardware can't support 3G, there is no "magic" to make this happen, period. If you want 3G, you need a new iPhone, period.
    some some people have icons that make them look like douchebags

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder if the new firmware shows the GPS features as well, I think apple is gunna make the iPhone firmware universal...

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoda_zx View Post
    I wonder if the new firmware shows the GPS features as well, I think apple is gunna make the iPhone firmware universal...
    Well yeah, they just spent all this time pushing the iPhone platform and major changes to the OS would screw over developers.

Also the only discount I could think of would be the trade in you old iPod/iPhone for recycling and get 10 % off a new one. Apples has had that program for a while now
    Last edited by rusty778; 05-11-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Im a pathetic typer

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Napoleon,I think that Apple UPGRADED battery for sure ....

to the people asking if u can use 3G in the 1st gen iphone not you cant but it is in the 2.0 beta coz apple are just going to use the same FW with both iphones 1st & 2nd Gen when it comes out so they dont have to make anther FW or it so it will know if you have 3G or not and just config it self to use it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what is the latest iphone 1.2 firmware build?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    so... where do you get a 3g chipset for the original iphone then? if this is found in the 2.0 firmware and its comin out for the original iphone, are original iphones going to have it? how are we going to get it?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    I hope you read traffic signs better than you read threads. Seriously? First, shocked that people actually thought you could puta 3G chip in the original iPhone. Second, guy, the answer to this question is 2or 3 posts above. Read for Christs sake.

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I just wanna take the time to say haha to all the people who brought there iPhone within the last 3 months or so. Who cares if you paid $200 dollars cheaper. I had my 8GB iPhone the first week it came out; so, I pretty much had a year to enjoy my phone. I have faith in Apple and I believe this phone will be worst every penny. $500 deposit back from AT&T along with my $100 rebate from Apple. Yeah, I got the 3G iPhone already!!! q:-p..
    I think those same people are too busy laughing at how stupid you are for typing "brought" instead of "bought", and "there" instead of "their". Good job Einstein.

If the next generation iPhone doesn't have anything more than just 3G, then why bother? If they finally included a decent camera, a working MMS and Video Recorder, and maybe GPS, then I don'tcare what they list it for. I'll toss this 1st generation hunk of crap and upgrade. If it's just a thicker phone with 3G. Screw that.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 05-11-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey guys, do you think that with 3G coming soon apple will increase price for the iphone package? It would make sense since we would be getting a better internet speed, what do you think...

I'd think that it would be easier for AT&T to use their new technology, being the new standard and probably much more efficient. So I don't think you'll seeing an increase in cost. Then again unlimited data for the iPhone right now is only $10 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    I'd think that it would be easier for AT&T to use their new technology, being the new standard and probably much more efficient. So I don't think you'll seeing an increase in cost. Then again unlimited data for the iPhone right now is only $10 a month.
    I'm guessing you meant to say $20/mo. seeing as that is the lowest plan. The thing is that 3G is the "new standard" but Edge and 3G do not share the same bandwidth. Kinda like cable/dsl internet is more expensive than dial-up.
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

that is exactly what I thought. I mean if you look at prices of other carriers on 3G phones its around 40$-50$ for the network. I'm pretty sure they will increase the price, but I hope it won't be huge increase....

Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085 View Post
    Wow, some people are awfully stupid here. Just because they release the same software for a device doesn't magically make it have that feature. Every version of Windows includes support for A Laptop Battery, but just because you install Windows XP that doesn't mean you can unplug your computer and walk around. Go ahead, try it, I know you are curious now. I will wait....

Rebooted yet? Alright. The iPod Touch has been running the same "Version" as the iPhones for as long as it has been out, that doesn't mean it can suddenly make calls. What people, okay, not normal people, either way, don't understand is that the current hardware can't support 3G, there is no "magic" to make this happen, period. If you want 3G, you need a new iPhone, period.
    not necessarily... The firmware they used on the iphone and ipod touch are similar but arent the same, they modified to function on the ipod and removed bluetooth edge settings ipod icon, and a couple of other modification have been made... So this is probably a firmware where it will be only available on the 3g and not on the next update of the 1st gen

But just a thought it be pretty cool if apple had some kind of 100$ upgrade to 3g thing, but thats likely never going to happen.... =(

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadiasortiz View Post
    UGH!!! WHY did they have to make a second generation iphone!!?? Looks like its time to save up for this new one and sell my 16gb! UGH they make me so mad!!
    if you are going to sell your 16gig ill buy it from you since 3g will not be available on tmobile for a while nationwide.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Isnt data alone just $10? Of course you have to pay the other 10 for visual voice mail and that other stuff.

Damn good deal $20 a month is if you always have 5 bars :-D

well now all they need is (REAL)gps and bigger capacity(32gb) and i will be upgrading in a hurry.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This has been almost the most boring useless four pages of insignificant posts I have read in a very long time.... other than the first post I don't think I gathered any actual important bit of information. *Sigh* I will point out the irony of my own post not contributing either to save someone else the trouble.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    3g will not be available on tmobile for a while nationwide.
    That's not even the point, really... when T-Mobile DOES launch 3G, it's not going to be compatible with the iPhone's 3G anyway, because it will be on a different frequency that the iPhone does not support.

For this reason, the only people that the 2nd gen iPhone should appeal to is AT&T customers (at least in the US).

Also, by the time that T-Mobile gets their 3G right, I would hope that other manufacturers, other than apple, will be offering even better phones than the iPhone, that are not only less expensive, don't have to be unlocked, but can be synced with more than 1 computer.

I am personally interested in seeing Android in action... But some manufacturer is going to have to come out with a better touch screen in higher resolution than QVGA to compete.

I love my iPhone for now... But only because I could nto stand another second of Windows Mobile!
    -dana-
    tMobile 8GB iPhone 1.1.4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast