Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says NO MORE IPHONES

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Apple Says NO MORE IPHONES

While the Apple stores have been having a shortage of iPhones for a couple weeks now, the Apple website now is also saying there is no ship date available - looking more and more like the 3G iPhone is coming out soon.

AT&T employees on our site have already suggested a release date of June 15th, and today being the 10th and Apple not retailing any more iPhones suggests it may even be an earlier date.

The 3G iPhone has been rumored to have a starting price even higher than the original iPhone at $599 for the 8GB and $699 for the 16GB. No word on whether the data plans will remain the same with the new 3G data speeds.

MacRumors

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

slik (05-11-2008), Yoyoyo1356 (05-17-2008)

yuck, these rumored prices are horrific. I would be content with a $399 8GB new iphone, same data plan price.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to deepdrumms For This Useful Post:

G13 (05-10-2008)

If this new iPhone is unlocked like the 1st Generation, are we stuck with AT&T as far as 3G internet goes or does T-Mobile have it also?

if the only difference is the 3G and some exterior colors... im gonna have to pass... i dont even think we have 3G available in Saginaw, MI.
    if i can burn crosses..i can dance to anything.

so when the new iphone 3g is here
    what will happen to the ppl who do not want or can not get the new iphone is still will be new apps or that is it all the sources will be to the new iphone

and the 2.0 soft ...? it will be just for the new 3g or what ?
    i feel lost here ....

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DARKoo7 View Post
    so when the new iphone 3g is here
    what will happen to the ppl who do not want or can not get the new iphone is still will be new apps or that is it all the sources will be to the new iphone

and the 2.0 soft ...? it will be just for the new 3g or what ?
    i feel lost here ....
    Don't worry about it. Suppport will still be there for the first phone. They sold how many? When the apps are released the majority of people downloading them will be people with first gen iphones.

Its the same phone, just 3g instead of edge. 99 percent of the other internals are probably the same. Same aps that work on one will work on the other.

It is possible they might make it harder to unlock and jailbreak it seeing how folks have modded the first phone, sorta learning from their mistakes and our fortunes. But even so, if humans make it, humans can break it, so all it;ll be is time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

DARKoo7 (05-10-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I beat you by a couple of hours buddy

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=97
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

slik (05-11-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ya read this earlier

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

HOORAY! Be ready for NEW Generation iPhone!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    HOORAY! Be ready for NEW Generation iPhone!
    Love the avatar, Apple iPie...

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I am excited to see what the new phone has to offer once it gets released... but wow the prices.... what are they going to do? Charge a arm and leg for the first few months and then drop the prices and then come out with another one and give it more storage space like the did the first iphone? What rat race....

People just don't have the money right now to keep paying big $$$$$

First it was the iphone... 4 gig or 8
    Then the 4 gig was discontinued..

Then the 8 gig and 16 gig
    Now a new one $$$$$$$ and lots of them if this is all true...

People can not continue try to keep up with them at this pace.... two many different changes within only one year...

Maybe they should have just did it right the first time.. but then again its business and all they want is yer money!

I am glad to see that they want to improve the iphone with this or that etc.... but wished they would have just put on the iphone what it should of had in the first place.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

hell yeah the prices are insane but they know ppl will buy em. Might as well sell ur old ones on ebay for bout 400! People know how apple loves to rape on there plans. I was looking earlier today on how much plans cost. OMG its sad how much they charge.

Due to that a lot of people won't get up and leave there carriers cuz apple is selling OLDER iphones for cheaper. They know bout there prices. Why do u think there were millions of iphones unaccounted for meaning unlocked.

I personally am going to wait it out etc...let everybody test em out. Also my *** isn't switching to ATT either to pay a lot more than what i am with tmobile.

At Those Price's They Can Keep The Iphone To On Shelf.... With Gas Price's So High People Are Gonna Think Twice Before They Buy Specially If You Have The First Gen Already

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    I am excited to see what the new phone has to offer once it gets released... but wow the prices.... what are they going to do? Charge a arm and leg for the first few months and then drop the prices and then come out with another one and give it more storage space like the did the first iphone? What rat race....

People just don't have the money right now to keep paying big $$$$$

First it was the iphone... 4 gig or 8
    Then the 4 gig was discontinued..

Then the 8 gig and 16 gig
    Now a new one $$$$$$$ and lots of them if this is all true...

People can not continue try to keep up with them at this pace.... two many different changes within only one year...

Maybe they should have just did it right the first time.. but then again its business and all they want is yer money!

I am glad to see that they want to improve the iphone with this or that etc.... but wished they would have just put on the iphone what it should of had in the first place.....
    man i bought the iphone 8 GB 1.1.4 from the UAE dubai .. for 2000 AED it is about 544.34 USD
    without a contract or a warranty ...... there is no apple store in the UAE
    and i break it here in this site .... so u are lucky out there man
    Last edited by DARKoo7; 05-10-2008 at 03:32 PM.

Did they mention anything about real gps in this 2gen iphone?
    Last edited by liquid; 05-10-2008 at 03:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

hell yeah GAS prices uncalled for...iphone prices uncalled for..but people who can't help spending money on new technology don't care bout the price.

Me I do! I am good with my iphone now. What is the big difference the 3g iphone will have from the 1st gen to make me say damn i need to get that? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed615 View Post
    At Those Price's They Can Keep The Iphone To On Shelf.... With Gas Price's So High People Are Gonna Think Twice Before They Buy Specially If You Have The First Gen Already
    i am not going to buy the new one no way i am going to

Thanks

I'll pass.
    Apples taste good.

$600 and $700 for a PHONE!! HELLLLLLLLLLL NO! LOL

I'll wait 2-6 months till the price drops on the new 3g iphone! no way i'm spending that much on a phone...with the gas prices only going up by the week

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast