+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by curlydingle Does anybody have a link to firmware Version 1.1.1. I don't want to download it from apple seeing that 1.1.2 is out there wild now. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curlydingle View Post
    Does anybody have a link to firmware Version 1.1.1.
    I don't want to download it from apple seeing that 1.1.2 is out there wild now. I just want a copy to upgrade if I decided later to make the jump to 1.1.1.

Thanks
    here

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1355

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vincent6396 For This Useful Post:

maritimeswimmer (11-10-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default unBrick your 1.1.2 'Brick'
    to unbrick your 1.1.2 brick, look at my howto... Comments can be posted at:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....9929#post89929

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the new baseband will not work on 1.1.1, and since it doesn't seem that 1.1.2 can be jailbreaked or activated, those of you who upgraded to 1.1.2 and now have bricks (or semi-bricks if you downgraded to 1.1.1 and can not use phone functions) will have to restore the baseband. Here are the steps and the rar file includes everything you will need, except for the 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 firmware files, which can be downloaded below:

1) If on 1.1.2, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.1.1

2) When in 1.1.1, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.0.2

3) Jailbreak and activate the phone using WINSTALLER (open WinstallerGUI.exe and click on activate)

4) Install Installer.app using WINSTALLER by clicking on 'Install Application', then selecting the Installer.app folder

5) Run Installer on your phone, (update if necessary) and install Community Sources (from Sources), BSD Subsystem (from System) and OpenSSH (from System) in that order.

6) Using WinSCP, connect to your iPhone (user: root password:dottie) and upload:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

to /usr/bin on your iPhone.

7) Using PuTTY, connect to your iphone (again user: root pass:dottie).

Type in the following: (pressing the ENTER button after each line)

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Now type in:

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

At this point bbupdater will return saying that it could not ping the baseband. This is good and means it was successfully deleted.

8) Overwrite with the new baseband by typing in the following:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

It will run its course. When finished type in:

bbupdater -v

It should tell you that you have modem version 03.14.08_G.

9) You will now need to go back into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and using the SHIFT-Restore method, restore to 1.02.

10) You can now restore to 1.1.1 and use the *#307# method and jailbreakme.com to unlock.

11) If you unlocked using AnySIM, you will need to reinstall it (In installer.app, add 'i.unlock.no/' (make sure to include that last slash) to your sources, and then you will have a new category called unlocking tools, in which you can install anysim, but make sure to install BSD subsystem again first!

1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/68819542...epack.rar.html

1.1.1 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

1.0.2 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

UPDATE:
    It seems that this method will also work to help people who purchased phones in the UK (with firmware 1.1.2 and the new baseband) to effectively downgrade to 1.1.1 with the 1.1.1 baseband, which will allow them to unlock their phones and install 3rd party apps, much like the US iPhone. It seems that the upgraded bootloader of the UK phones makes no difference.
    Last edited by shawnie53; 11-10-2007 at 05:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

be carefull downgrading.

here is my story. my 1.1.1 was acting all sorts of flakey this weekend. phone constantly soft booting and draining the battery big time. I had no choice but to connect to itunes and start the install of 1.1.2.

So I decided to downgrade to 1.1.1 with no success, then I tried to downgrade to 1.0.2.
    success, but now my wifi and bluetooth dont work. So I tried to upgrade to 1.1.1 again.. no luck. so i updated to 1.1.2 hoping the firmware would re-install the wifi and bluetooth drivers.. no luck.

so now i have a 1.1.2 brick, with no wifi, and no bluetooth... does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

Wicked Lester

Green Apple
    Thanks

try to follow my guide right above your post!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone vampyros_wrath's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong. But doesnt the new 1.1.2 firmware prevent DFU mode? I read somewhere on this site that it does. If so, then wouldnt that essentially make virginizing impossible somehow? Just wondering.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonydrone View Post
    By "unlock" he meant that the firmware was unlocked. As in able to Jailbreak. That is different from a "Sim Unlock".
    I thought that so far that was called: activated, unlocked standing for Phone service unlocking

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you're wrong buddy. WRONG! you're always wrong! I hate you. No, I've upgraded to 1.1.2 like 10 times on the same stupid phone trying to get "anysim 1.2" to unlock it, but it no worky. but everytime I've been able to downgrade. lol, i didnt get to bed untill noon because i was up all night/morning, like 14 hours trying to unlock 1.1.2. i can activate and jailbreak it, but no unlock

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Apptapp still work with 1.1.2?

You need OkToPrep before you update correct?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 112 Lock out
    I tried updating to 112, now I get incorrect Sim. Damn shoulda waited. My phone was a unlocked 111 using anysim. Did the OKTOPrep!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Don't be stupid, wait the "Elite" guys work and WAIT !!!
    I can't belive that ... It happened for 1.0.2, then for 1.1.1, now the same for 1.1.2 .....
    Were you able to safetly unlock your iPhones in the past following MMI guides?
    Are you happy with your *working* 1.1.1 iPhone ?
    So why mess this blog up with those stupid questions - the same old stupid questions ???
    a) WAIT until the solution is officially tested !! Unless you think to be eligible to be part of the "elite" do not do random tests ...
    b) READ the post before ask something it was already discussed times and times before ...
    Is is clearly written everywhere that you have TO WAIT if you want to unlock (use your iPhone with a different SIM) 1.1.2.
    Remember the chinese script : sit on the side of the river and play with your 1.1.1 .... an unlocked 1.1.2. version will come, sooner or later .....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how to i install any sim 1.2 to my iphone b coz ibrickr is not working how can i install new 1.2 any sim plz tell me coz im in new firmware 4.2.13_G VERSION plz help me my phone is not unlocked its just jailbroken i can see spring board only i cant make or recive calls

how to i install any sim 1.2 to my iphone b coz ibrickr is not working how can i install new 1.2 any sim plz tell me coz im in new firmware 4.2.13_G VERSION plz help me my phone is not unlocked its just jailbroken i can see spring board only i cant make or recive calls
    Last edited by arunreddys; 11-11-2007 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Procedure from ANYSIM Unlocked 1.1.1 to 1.1.2
    Hello,

I like to get the german language support and also some minor changes of 1.1.2. I have a unlocked AT&T Iphone (done with ANYSIM) and it works fine.

Now the discussion is refusing me. What I'm looking for is a step to step procedure going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. I have understood all the stuff of revirginzing in 90% and have done all those procedures. One of the important thing is that there is a described way back to 1.1.1 if something goes wrong. I understood the procedure downgrading 1.1.2 to 1.1.1, but the procedure going with less risc from 1.1.1 (unlocked) to 1.1.2 unlocked isn't clear to me.

I understood:

- Install an run Octoprep
    - Update to 1.1.2 via Itunes (holding shift and install new firmware)
    - Jailbreack by running Touchfree
    - Install ANYSIM 1.1.2
    - RUN ANYSIM

That's it ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys i bought a new i phone on nov 9th,...so is it version 1.1.2....if it is can i unlock it???n how plz help me out kinda desp

iPhone? More like MyPhone Murfunit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikhil_nal View Post
    guys i bought a new i phone on nov 9th,...so is it version 1.1.2....if it is can i unlock it???n how plz help me out kinda desp
    How is anyone supposed to know what firmware your phone is without some information? We're not magicians

if you bought it on the 9th the chances are good tha it is NOT a 1.1.2 (Unless you're in the UK) but only you can tell, since you have the phone in your hands.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

nikhil_nal (11-11-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well ..how to whether it is 1.1.2 or 1.1.1...??well if it is 1.1.1 will the ol jailbreak work??

iPhone? More like MyPhone pleyah69bjay's Avatar
    Thanks

well ..how to whether it is 1.1.2 or 1.1.1...??well if it is 1.1.1 will the ol jailbreak work??
    plug it trough itunes itl tell you wich firmware you do have if its 1.1.1 then your good with jailbreakme

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pleyah69bjay For This Useful Post:

nikhil_nal (11-11-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there any software for unlockin in windows?????????????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am not sure. I had unlocked my iphone using AnySim 1.1. After all the process it said Successfully unlocked. But I dont get any signal on my iphone. Any help?

Hi there,
    I tried unlocking using anysim 1.1 and the result it said is successfully unlocked. but I am not able to make call as it shows no service. Any help???Thanks
    Last edited by shantanu; 11-11-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Murfunit's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's 1.0.X or 1.1.1 the AnySIM 1.1 will work with no problem

it it's 1.1.2 you'll have to wait a few days - shouldn't be long now. The methods are in place, they're just being tested and cleaned up for release.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need help downgrading my iphone to 1.1.1 i have 1.1.2. if n e 1 can help, would be gladly appreciated. ive follow the steps but itunes tells me can be down for sum reason.