Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 unlocked!

there is always a way, trust me. Apple has to leave at least one door open to fix the iphones the thing is find wich one it is. if you know how it works you'll know what i'm talking about.

there is always a way, trust me. Apple has to leave at least one door open to fix broken iphones or defective ones, the thing is to find wich door or where it is.
    Last edited by eddyx; 01-11-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

backdoor...hmmm.just a flashback....atempt to do backdoor login...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,/////unable to connect......here we go again

I think DEVS are focusing in jailbreaking 1.1.3 instead of unlocking 1.1.2.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    I think DEVS are focusing in jailbreaking 1.1.3 instead of unlocking 1.1.2.
    First you're telling everyone that the iPhone WILL be unlocked.. for sure.. it's just a matter of time...

Then you tell everyone that the unlock won't happen... for sure..

Now you tell everyone that the dev team is working on jailbreaking 1.1.3 instead of unlocking 1.1.2...

Where do you get this stuff from? Do you actually have ANY reliable sources?

Quote Originally Posted by clevetus View Post
    First you're telling everyone that the iPhone WILL be unlocked.. for sure.. it's just a matter of time...

Then you tell everyone that the unlock won't happen... for sure..

Now you tell everyone that the dev team is working on jailbreaking 1.1.3 instead of unlocking 1.1.2...

Where do you get this stuff from? Do you actually have ANY reliable sources?
    Dude its not all about a source look at whats going on do you ever go to hackintosh ever? Well if you do i'm pretty sure you will understand.

And PLUS the DEV team wont update us on an UNLOCK for 1.1.2 so i assume they are first trying to jailbreak 1.1.3 which is more important because what will happen to all those people who get OTB 1.1.3.....?
    You can always unlock an 1.1.2 iphone by XSIM unlock methods.

And i was telling what every one was saying the "UNLOCK WILL HAPPEN"

i have tested it is only done with upgraded version 1.1.2 not the one which came from out of the box

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've got a quick question guys...

I have an iPhone I bought the day it was released and would like to know if I can use stealthsim or turbosim to use the phone overseas. I'm in the military and will be leaving for Guam next month for 4 years. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use my iPhone with a carrier based out of Guam using one of those sim tools?

Thanks for your help guys!!

You should be able to do it with Stealth or Turbo SIM

I agree with the idea that the dev team is working on 1.1.3 but because since it has a new baseband its the key to unlocking 1.1.2 otb iphones but first it has to be jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

It is offical the UNSHACKLER IS A SCAM!!!!! IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!!!
    http://unshackler.wan.io/ is a phishing site!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS OR BUY THIS APP!!!!! Instead of unlocking the iphone it kills it.
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

So I've read every page in this thread and its still unclear to me...

I have my iPhone at 1.0.2..... Unlocked and Jailbroken.

How about we stick to this terminology? Unlocked means that the SIM is unlocked.. unlocked does not mean jailbroken!

So can someone tell me if I update to 1.1.2 (or 1.1.1) Will I be able to use my NON-AT&T SIM?

I'm having issues with the signal dropping out on my 1.0.2 when I never had any problems with my blackberry using the same provider.

I tried unlocking a friends OTB 1.1.2 and was able to downgrade to 1.0.2 but never was able to downgrade the baseband... I want to be able to use the features of 1.1.2 and still be able to use tmobile! Is this possible? I see all these guides but nothing solid on what we're actually talking about!

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    Yeah.
    ??

Wooow, first post

But really, wat I wanted to say

I'm not sure about this and it's just a guess, but wouldn't it be possible that Apple "provided" us with ways to unlock 1.0.2 and 1.1.1?
    Just to see how we would crack them, so could secure them better, as seen now with 1.1.2 ..

And another thing: I've been following these pages since I'm planning on buying an iPhone here in Europe, with a xSIM solution if possible, but I'm not sure wich one to buy (which is best/cheapest?) and is it possible that the biggest part of those sims found on ebay are just fake?

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DVB+ View Post
    You should be able to do it with Stealth or Turbo SIM
    Am I right to assume as long as the carrier I choose to use in Guam uses a Sim card/is GSM and I use either Stealth or Turbo sim I'll be able to use my phone there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post
    I've got a quick question guys...

I have an iPhone I bought the day it was released and would like to know if I can use stealthsim or turbosim to use the phone overseas. I'm in the military and will be leaving for Guam next month for 4 years. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use my iPhone with a carrier based out of Guam using one of those sim tools?

Thanks for your help guys!!
    Ironhorz,

You can use one of the software unlocking methods if you've had your iPhone since release day. You don't need a SIM emulator (TurboSIM, StealthSIM, etc.) if your iPhone was bought early on (before production week 45). The reason being is that your modem bootloader is of the older version and is able to be unlocked using software.

I have a iPhone that I bought with 1.0.2 pre-installed. I am presently on 1.1.1 (I even upgraded to 1.1.2 but went back down), and have a fully unlocked iphone using AnySIM software unlock method. The iPhone is not available in Canada and that's the only way I can use it here. I'll be travelling to South East Asia in about 2 weeks for a period of 3 months and will be using my unlocked iPhone there without a SIM emulator.

Once again, if you bought your iPhone before production week 45 (mine is week 35, check your serial number its the 4th and 5th number 7R7359xxxxx) you will be able to use a software unlock method regardless of what version firmware you use on your iPhone. Don't waste your money on any SIM emulators.

good luck in Guam,
    e

Quote Originally Posted by enkrypt3d View Post
    So I've read every page in this thread and its still unclear to me...

I have my iPhone at 1.0.2..... Unlocked and Jailbroken.

How about we stick to this terminology? Unlocked means that the SIM is unlocked.. unlocked does not mean jailbroken!

So can someone tell me if I update to 1.1.2 (or 1.1.1) Will I be able to use my NON-AT&T SIM?

I'm having issues with the signal dropping out on my 1.0.2 when I never had any problems with my blackberry using the same provider.

I tried unlocking a friends OTB 1.1.2 and was able to downgrade to 1.0.2 but never was able to downgrade the baseband... I want to be able to use the features of 1.1.2 and still be able to use tmobile! Is this possible? I see all these guides but nothing solid on what we're actually talking about!
    Enkrypt,

In a word, YES. Read the guides that are posted here on MMi (http://modmyi.com/wiki/). They are concise and comprehensive and cover exactly what you need...

- Virginize
    - Upgrade to 1.1.1
    - Jailbreak using jailbreakme.com
    - Unlock using AnySIM 1.1

You will be able to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone. As for your friend's iPhone it can only be jailbroken but NOT unlocked as there is no unlock solution for OOTB 1.1.2. The only recourse is to use a SIM emulator. That is why you cannot downgrade his baseband.

Good luck,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks

Deleted double post.

e
    Last edited by echo; 01-17-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Deleted double post

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Ironhorz,

You can use one of the software unlocking methods if you've had your iPhone since release day. You don't need a SIM emulator (TurboSIM, StealthSIM, etc.) if your iPhone was bought early on (before production week 45). The reason being is that your modem bootloader is of the older version and is able to be unlocked using software.

I have a iPhone that I bought with 1.0.2 pre-installed. I am presently on 1.1.1 (I even upgraded to 1.1.2 but went back down), and have a fully unlocked iphone using AnySIM software unlock method. The iPhone is not available in Canada and that's the only way I can use it here. I'll be travelling to South East Asia in about 2 weeks for a period of 3 months and will be using my unlocked iPhone there without a SIM emulator.

Once again, if you bought your iPhone before production week 45 (mine isweek 35, check your serial number its the 4th and 5th number 7R7359xxxxx) you will be able to use a software unlock method regardless of what version firmware you use on your iPhone. Don't waste your money on any SIM emulators.

good luck in Guam
    e
    Echo

Thank you so much for this info! I've got a week 24 phone so I'll definitely be unlocking the sim using software. Will most, hopefully all, of the features I have with the phone work on another network using the method you described?

Thanks again!!!

Last edited by ericidle; 01-19-2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Delted
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorz View Post

Will most, hopefully all, of the features I have with the phone work on another network using the method you described?

Thanks again!!!
    You're most welcome Ironhorz...

As long as your GSM provider/network has GPRS/EDGE service you will be able to use all the iPhone's features. I will be in Malaysia and I've been researching the GSM providers there. Most are 3G but also have GPRS/EDGE service.

cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 01-19-2008 at 04:01 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910