Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 1.1.2

is it safe for a phone that revirginized via the first method posted (the "0" seczone method) to upgrade?

im an at&t customer

whats the big deal with updating to 1.1.2? It only updates the languages and characters for the iphone. I dont think its worth risking your perfectly working iphone
    Omar C.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

whoever said 1.1.2 is available through an update on iTunes... My understanding is that 1.1.2 is being released at different times in different regions so as not to overload apples' servers. That being said, while your iTunes may prompt you to update to 1.1.2, someone else's may not.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

3ev (11-10-2007)

Default unBrick your 1.1.2 'Brick'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the new baseband will not work on 1.1.1, and since it doesn't seem that 1.1.2 can be jailbreaked or activated, those of you who upgraded to 1.1.2 and now have bricks (or semi-bricks if you downgraded to 1.1.1 and can not use phone functions) will have to restore the baseband. Here are the steps and the rar file includes everything you will need, except for the 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 firmware files, which can be downloaded below:

1) If on 1.1.2, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.1.1

2) When in 1.1.1, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.0.2

3) Jailbreak and activate the phone using WINSTALLER (open WinstallerGUI.exe and click on activate)

4) Install Installer.app using WINSTALLER by clicking on 'Install Application', then selecting the Installer.app folder

5) Run Installer on your phone, (update if necessary) and install Community Sources (from Sources), BSD Subsystem (from System) and OpenSSH (from System) in that order.

6) Using WinSCP, connect to your iPhone (user: root password:dottie) and upload:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

to /usr/bin on your iPhone.

7) Using PuTTY, connect to your iphone (again user: root pass:dottie).

Type in the following: (pressing the ENTER button after each line)

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

Now type in:

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x ieraser

chmod +x bbupdater

ieraser

bbupdater -v

At this point bbupdater will return saying that it could not ping the baseband. This is good and means it was successfully deleted.

8) Overwrite with the new baseband by typing in the following:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep

It will run its course. When finished type in:

bbupdater -v

It should tell you that you have modem version 03.14.08_G.

9) You will now need to go back into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and using the SHIFT-Restore method, restore to 1.02.

10) You can now restore to 1.1.1 and use the *#307# method and jailbreakme.com to unlock.

11) If you unlocked using AnySIM, you will need to reinstall it (In installer.app, add 'i.unlock.no/' (make sure to include that last slash) to your sources, and then you will have a new category called unlocking tools, in which you can install anysim, but make sure to install BSD subsystem again first!

1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/68819542...epack.rar.html

1.1.1 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

1.0.2 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

It may also work for Euro iphones running 1.1.2, not 100%, but don't see why not!
    Last edited by shawnie53; 11-10-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnie53 For This Useful Post:

jonnyraincloud (11-19-2007)

Default Visit link on iPhone? Then what?
    Prepped 1.1.1 phone then upgraded to 1.1.2. All software provided at the above link is for 1.1.1 phones unless I missed something.

My post above is for people who are stuck on the 1.1.2 baseband and cannot make or receive calls, even if they tried to downgrade... (The new baseband is not compatible with 1.1.1 or 1.0.2, and since 1.1.2 cannot be activated yet, unlocked phones are stuck...)

Also, I wanted to clarify my post from yesterday saying that IPSF finally got beat... I do not know if that is true, but I do know that even though my phone is IPSF unlocked, it did not work with 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 when running the 1.1.2 baseband, so either the 1.1.2 baseband is not compatible with IPSF, or it simply does not allow calls to go through when not running with the 1.1.2 software. In any case, once I changed the baseband, and reupgraded to 1.1.1, it was working fine, no need to re-unlock, which proves that the IPSF unlock is NOT in the baseband, and is a true, perpetual unlock.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shawnie53 For This Useful Post:

shawnie53:
    Thanks for the guide! It's the first of its kind that actually worked for me... Finally, I'm out of that awkward 1.1.1 half-activated state that 1.1.2 stuck me in...
    I'm going to wait for the Dev Team official 1.1.2 jailbreak before messing with that again...

Drakenza

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

Shawnie's guide is set up for Windows users. Just FYI: Mac users can use it as well. Just substitute CyberDuck (Or Fugu) for WinSCP and Terminal for Putty and either AppTapp, iFuntastic, iJailbreak or iNdependence for WINSTALLER. Everything else should remain the same
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Check your installer for OktoPrep!

How it works? Prepare your 1.1.1 phone to upgrade to 1.1.2 by running OktoPrep via installer. Then plug in you phone to iTunes, cross your fingers, and update. If everything goes well you should be running a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone!!

Now just visit http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/ on your iphone to complete!

IMPORTANT: If you have an unlocked phone do not upgrade, even with OktoPrep. The new baseband is not yet unlockable. Also this is very beta I am told, unless you are feeling risky, you might wait until this is more refined.

via venturecake -- thanks pcguysam
    Cash!
    There is no such update in Itunes,it still says 1.1.1.up to date or am i missing something?
    Apple didn't post a FW 1.1.2 update neither, it's like chasing a Sasqwatch, everybody heard about it but nobody saw it!

i saw him, the big harry sun of a b****. i took a shot at him but he got away
    Last edited by chakraj; 11-10-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks

i saw him, the big harry sun of a b****. i took a shot at him but he got away
    You'll get him next time!
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Bassvictim View Post
    hey, i connected to itunes,but no update was available to upgrade to 1.1.2 - is this just me? or is anyone else having the same problem, also - the installer isn't working. i open it,and it just says refreshing resources,but never opens. i re-booted,and the same thing keeps happening - any ideas? thanx.
    I'm getting the EXACT same problem... with both the installer, AND there is no available upgrade.
    Last edited by CodyR1951; 11-10-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    -Cody

Those of you having problems finding the update to 1.1.2:
    I myself have yet to find the Update on iTunes (I'm running 7.4.?). Here's how you can get 1.1.2 updated or restored without it being available in iTunes, and without having to update to iTunes 7.5:

1. Download the firmware 1.1.2 restore image from Apple's server from here.
    2. Plug in your iPhone and let iTunes start up.
    3. If you want to Update, SHIFT+Click "Check for Updates" in iTunes and choose the downloaded file.
    4. If you want to restore: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button on your iPhone (while it's on) and wait for the screen to blank. A couple of seconds after the screen blanks, let go of the Sleep/Wake button but keep holding Home for about 10-15 seconds.
    5. iTunes will see the iPhone in recovery mode, though the screen will be off. It will prompt you to Restore.
    6. SHIFT+Click Restore and choose the image you downloaded.

If after the Update/Restore you're given an error like 1013 or 1015:
    1. Download AppTappInstaller.exe from the AppTapp website.
    2. Run it. Choose firmware 1.0.2, and let it start.
    3. It will see the iPhone in recovery mode and try to boot it back to normal.
    4. It will likely not work the first time and give you an error "Sending to iPhone failed." If this happens, try again and you'll see the Activation screen on your iPhone.
    5. Kill AppTappInstaller before it tries to install itself onto your iPhone, and then Activate your iPhone with iTunes or with any other method.

And for those of you having problems with Installer.app:
    I don't know why it would hang at Refreshing Sources, but the refreshing part actually takes a little while in Installer 3.0 for some reason, so you might not be waiting long enough. If that doesn't help, you can try reinstalling Installer.app and/or deleting its preferences and stuff. The Installer.app Fix on my website, downloadable here, can reset your Installer completely (as long as you have OpenSSH or DropbearSSH installed on your iPhone 1.1.1). However, you will have to reinstall any packages you had installed before to make Installer.app recognize them as installed (of course, if you're upgrading to 1.1.2, you don't care about any of that).

That should do it.

-- Drakenza
    Last edited by Drakenza; 11-10-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Well I did it. Finally F'd up my phone. Never had an issue untill now. I ran oktaprep and upgraded. Re-Activated and then tried to sync my Itune. Half of the songs sync'd perfectly and then I get this horror message:

Attempting to copy to the disk "username" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to.

WTF? I restored twice and on the same song it craps out. I then uncheck the song and it fails on the next. Like if the disk is locking it out. Did oktaprep do something to my disk? now I don't know what to do.
    Just hope that it has happened before and that someone knows how to fix.

Thank you.

Allan

lol... Sorry for laughing, but you guys are kinda screwed until the dev team (or whomever) finds a REAL jailbreak . Sorry, just observing, carry on!

thats why u have a test phone like myself hehhehe. Not touching my other one till they jailbreak this...But both phone works fine i can swap my sim card and use the 1.1.2 phone if i like but im happy with my mod 1.1.1 phone right now..

how to i install any sim 1.2 to my iphone b coz ibrickr is not working how can i install new 1.2 any sim plz tell me coz im in new firmware 4.2.13_G VERSION plz help me my phone is not unlocked its just jailbroken i can see spring board only i cant make or recive calls

Thanks

sorry we aren't all rich enough to have a test phone
    For Help

GUIDES:

how hard is to change the sim card on the iphone and make it work with a different sim card doest work well even outside the country?

Thanks

8 on a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the hardest.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast