Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Jailbreaking 1.1.2is a discussion within the
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
is it safe for a phone that revirginized via the first method posted (the "0" seczone method) to upgrade? im an at&t customer...
11-10-2007, 10:36 AM #81
is it safe for a phone that revirginized via the first method posted (the "0" seczone method) to upgrade?
im an at&t customer
11-10-2007, 02:04 PM #82
whats the big deal with updating to 1.1.2? It only updates the languages and characters for the iphone. I dont think its worth risking your perfectly working iphoneOmar C.
11-10-2007, 02:29 PM #83
whoever said 1.1.2 is available through an update on iTunes... My understanding is that 1.1.2 is being released at different times in different regions so as not to overload apples' servers. That being said, while your iTunes may prompt you to update to 1.1.2, someone else's may not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:
11-10-2007, 02:41 PM #84unBrick your 1.1.2 'Brick'
It seems that the new baseband will not work on 1.1.1, and since it doesn't seem that 1.1.2 can be jailbreaked or activated, those of you who upgraded to 1.1.2 and now have bricks (or semi-bricks if you downgraded to 1.1.1 and can not use phone functions) will have to restore the baseband. Here are the steps and the rar file includes everything you will need, except for the 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 firmware files, which can be downloaded below:
1) If on 1.1.2, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.1.1
2) When in 1.1.1, You will now need to go into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and downgrade using SHIFT-Restore to 1.0.2
3) Jailbreak and activate the phone using WINSTALLER (open WinstallerGUI.exe and click on activate)
4) Install Installer.app using WINSTALLER by clicking on 'Install Application', then selecting the Installer.app folder
5) Run Installer on your phone, (update if necessary) and install Community Sources (from Sources), BSD Subsystem (from System) and OpenSSH (from System) in that order.
6) Using WinSCP, connect to your iPhone (user: root password:dottie) and upload:
to /usr/bin on your iPhone.
7) Using PuTTY, connect to your iphone (again user: root pass:dottie).
Type in the following: (pressing the ENTER button after each line)
Now type in:
chmod +x ieraser
chmod +x bbupdater
At this point bbupdater will return saying that it could not ping the baseband. This is good and means it was successfully deleted.
8) Overwrite with the new baseband by typing in the following:
bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
It will run its course. When finished type in:
It should tell you that you have modem version 03.14.08_G.
9) You will now need to go back into restore mode on the phone (Hold both buttons, then let go of the power button when the phone turns off and keep holding the home button for a few more seconds, until iTunes says to restore) and using the SHIFT-Restore method, restore to 1.02.
10) You can now restore to 1.1.1 and use the *#307# method and jailbreakme.com to unlock.
11) If you unlocked using AnySIM, you will need to reinstall it (In installer.app, add 'i.unlock.no/' (make sure to include that last slash) to your sources, and then you will have a new category called unlocking tools, in which you can install anysim, but make sure to install BSD subsystem again first!
1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
It may also work for Euro iphones running 1.1.2, not 100%, but don't see why not!
Last edited by shawnie53; 11-10-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
11-10-2007, 03:04 PM #85Visit link on iPhone? Then what?
Prepped 1.1.1 phone then upgraded to 1.1.2. All software provided at the above link is for 1.1.1 phones unless I missed something.
11-10-2007, 03:36 PM #86
My post above is for people who are stuck on the 1.1.2 baseband and cannot make or receive calls, even if they tried to downgrade... (The new baseband is not compatible with 1.1.1 or 1.0.2, and since 1.1.2 cannot be activated yet, unlocked phones are stuck...)
Also, I wanted to clarify my post from yesterday saying that IPSF finally got beat... I do not know if that is true, but I do know that even though my phone is IPSF unlocked, it did not work with 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 when running the 1.1.2 baseband, so either the 1.1.2 baseband is not compatible with IPSF, or it simply does not allow calls to go through when not running with the 1.1.2 software. In any case, once I changed the baseband, and reupgraded to 1.1.1, it was working fine, no need to re-unlock, which proves that the IPSF unlock is NOT in the baseband, and is a true, perpetual unlock.
11-10-2007, 04:22 PM #87
Thanks for the guide! It's the first of its kind that actually worked for me... Finally, I'm out of that awkward 1.1.1 half-activated state that 1.1.2 stuck me in...
I'm going to wait for the Dev Team official 1.1.2 jailbreak before messing with that again...
The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:
11-10-2007, 04:34 PM #88
Shawnie's guide is set up for Windows users. Just FYI: Mac users can use it as well. Just substitute CyberDuck (Or Fugu) for WinSCP and Terminal for Putty and either AppTapp, iFuntastic, iJailbreak or iNdependence for WINSTALLER. Everything else should remain the sameJe t'aime encore, Roguette
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM #89
11-10-2007, 06:41 PM #90
i saw him, the big harry sun of a b****. i took a shot at him but he got away
Last edited by chakraj; 11-10-2007 at 06:44 PM.
11-10-2007, 07:47 PM #91
i saw him, the big harry sun of a b****. i took a shot at him but he got away
11-10-2007, 10:21 PM #92
11-10-2007, 11:02 PM #93
Those of you having problems finding the update to 1.1.2:
I myself have yet to find the Update on iTunes (I'm running 7.4.?). Here's how you can get 1.1.2 updated or restored without it being available in iTunes, and without having to update to iTunes 7.5:
1. Download the firmware 1.1.2 restore image from Apple's server from here.
2. Plug in your iPhone and let iTunes start up.
3. If you want to Update, SHIFT+Click "Check for Updates" in iTunes and choose the downloaded file.
4. If you want to restore: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button on your iPhone (while it's on) and wait for the screen to blank. A couple of seconds after the screen blanks, let go of the Sleep/Wake button but keep holding Home for about 10-15 seconds.
5. iTunes will see the iPhone in recovery mode, though the screen will be off. It will prompt you to Restore.
6. SHIFT+Click Restore and choose the image you downloaded.
If after the Update/Restore you're given an error like 1013 or 1015:
1. Download AppTappInstaller.exe from the AppTapp website.
2. Run it. Choose firmware 1.0.2, and let it start.
3. It will see the iPhone in recovery mode and try to boot it back to normal.
4. It will likely not work the first time and give you an error "Sending to iPhone failed." If this happens, try again and you'll see the Activation screen on your iPhone.
5. Kill AppTappInstaller before it tries to install itself onto your iPhone, and then Activate your iPhone with iTunes or with any other method.
And for those of you having problems with Installer.app:
I don't know why it would hang at Refreshing Sources, but the refreshing part actually takes a little while in Installer 3.0 for some reason, so you might not be waiting long enough. If that doesn't help, you can try reinstalling Installer.app and/or deleting its preferences and stuff. The Installer.app Fix on my website, downloadable here, can reset your Installer completely (as long as you have OpenSSH or DropbearSSH installed on your iPhone 1.1.1). However, you will have to reinstall any packages you had installed before to make Installer.app recognize them as installed (of course, if you're upgrading to 1.1.2, you don't care about any of that).
That should do it.
11-11-2007, 12:34 AM #94
Well I did it. Finally F'd up my phone. Never had an issue untill now. I ran oktaprep and upgraded. Re-Activated and then tried to sync my Itune. Half of the songs sync'd perfectly and then I get this horror message:
Attempting to copy to the disk "username" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to.
WTF? I restored twice and on the same song it craps out. I then uncheck the song and it fails on the next. Like if the disk is locking it out. Did oktaprep do something to my disk? now I don't know what to do.
Just hope that it has happened before and that someone knows how to fix.
11-11-2007, 12:59 AM #95
lol... Sorry for laughing, but you guys are kinda screwed until the dev team (or whomever) finds a REAL jailbreak . Sorry, just observing, carry on!
11-11-2007, 02:58 AM #96
thats why u have a test phone like myself hehhehe. Not touching my other one till they jailbreak this...But both phone works fine i can swap my sim card and use the 1.1.2 phone if i like but im happy with my mod 1.1.1 phone right now..
11-11-2007, 03:57 AM #97
how to i install any sim 1.2 to my iphone b coz ibrickr is not working how can i install new 1.2 any sim plz tell me coz im in new firmware 4.2.13_G VERSION plz help me my phone is not unlocked its just jailbroken i can see spring board only i cant make or recive calls
11-11-2007, 05:46 AM #98
11-11-2007, 12:19 PM #99
how hard is to change the sim card on the iphone and make it work with a different sim card doest work well even outside the country?
11-11-2007, 02:37 PM #100