Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 1.1.2

I cant even get oktoprep to work on my iphone. When I click it in the installer it doesn nothing but kicks me back the categories screen on the installer. It doesnt say it installed anything.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant even get oktoprep to work on my iphone. When I click it in the installer it doesn nothing but kicks me back the categories screen on the installer. It doesnt say it installed anything.
    wow that sucks. restore i guess...
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

I am a bit confuse now, so if I buy a new out of box 1.1.2 iphone, can I downgrade it to 1.1.1 using the shift + restore, then use jailbreakme.com follow by anySim 1.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by coldasice View Post
    Im ColdAsIce I did it and the Iphone 1.1.2 Is full Hacked, Cracked, and unlocked. This site can thank me with a sticky (-:
    With an arrogant attitude like that? I don't be thinkin so
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

I want to try this, but I guess Installer is getting an overload, because it goes half way to refreshing sources, then crashes... I guess i'll try later.
    -Cody

Thanks

Default Installer crashed--what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyR1951 View Post
    I want to try this, but I guess Installer is getting an overload, because it goes half way to refreshing sources, then crashes... I guess i'll try later.
    I don't know that I'd go so far as to say the server's getting overloaded. When these apps--mostly beta and not hard core regression tested, etc.--crash, they don't always do so cleanly, so one crash 10 minutes ago or yesterday may still have fragmented memory and such, or still be holding on to some, that Installer or whatever app you're working with may have needed. Before I let chakraj dare me into 1.1.2ing my phone, I started to notice that whenever an app would start misbehaving, something prior to that had crashed at some point. I started using SMBPrefs to reboot SummerBoard when there was a crash, or the XTerm to give a reboot command and start the whole darn thing over. I saw many fewer crashes after starting to do that. I'd suggest rebooting the whole darn phone, then let Installer and getting OktoPrep be the very first things you do when it restarts. See how that goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    With an arrogant attitude like that? I don't be thinkin so
    Je conviens
    Last edited by CaryDude; 11-10-2007 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CaryDude For This Useful Post:

enigmanic (11-10-2007)

Thats basicly what I've been having to do as well.

Any time I open Installer - even just for an update check - I restart Springboard

Before I started installing a lot of 3rd party apps to the phone I never rebooted it at all. Since I've dumped some 3 Springboard pages of apps onto it I ve developed the habit of rebooting at east once a day and retsrating the Springboard often throughout the day

I'm also at the point CaryDude is: An experimental update to 1.1.2 stalled at the jailbreak 1.1.2 step. I'm going to take these couple of days to observe my phone's performance as a virgin as compared to it's loaded state. If I find the performance is appreciably different it may just stay virgin. (Maybe just throw a UI theme on it for vanity sake)

when sidetalker installed touch free he said he installed the version that requires you to go to tlk2rta.com. however if you read the begining of this thread, they are telling you not to use that method for this update. instead to visit the new web address http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/ with your ifone and it does it all for you.

Sidetalker have you visited that url with your ifone yet?
    Last edited by chakraj; 11-10-2007 at 01:11 AM.

i have and it doesnt do anything, it's just a site
    my phone is stuck t activation/safari (no homescreen)

Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    when sidetalker installed touch free he said he installed the version that requires you to go to tlk2rta.com. however if you read the begining of this thread, they are telling you not to use that method for this update. instead to visit the new web address http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/ with your ifone and it does it all for you.

Sidetalker have you visited that url with your ifone yet?
    I have. All I get is the same screen you see when you open it from your computer. It's all the info about Touchfree but nothing else

is there a way to move the lockdown file in to bypass activation without getting to the homescreen first? if only ibrickr worked, lol

back to 1.0.2 i go...
    Last edited by jacobzking; 11-10-2007 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

quick question, i am on 1.1.2 unfortunately and i have at&t, i am just trying to get back to 1.1.1, is this possible, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by carternichols View Post
    quick question, i am on 1.1.2 unfortunately and i have at&t, i am just trying to get back to 1.1.1, is this possible, please help!
    You can downgrade to 1.1.1 but I found when I did that the phone won't activate (with AT&T) it gives the 'waiting for activation this may take some time' message

I still have iTunes 7.4 on my laptop so after I forced a restore to 1.1.1 I popped the phone onto my laptop and ran iNdependence to force it out of restore mode. iNdependence shows it as activated and I was able to get to the home screen but all I could do was dismiss the waiting message. I never got a carrier icon.

Default IPSF Not working with new Baseband!!
    Well, it seems that Apple finally killed IPSF... I upgraded my IPSF unlocked phone to 1.1.2, and then downgraded back to 1.1.1. I then went to jailbreakme.com and ended up with a 1.1.1 activated phone with the new baseband, and while everything seemed to be working as normal, the phone would not catch a network, and when I went to choose a carrier, it said 'error', leading me to believe that the new baseband is NOT compatible with IPSF. Trying to virginize and we'll see what happens!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnie53 View Post
    Well, it seems that Apple finally killed IPSF... I upgraded my IPSF unlocked phone to 1.1.2, and then downgraded back to 1.1.1. I then went to jailbreakme.com and ended up with a 1.1.1 activated phone with the new baseband, and while everything seemed to be working as normal, the phone would not catch a network, and when I went to choose a carrier, it said 'error', leading me to believe that the new baseband is NOT compatible with IPSF. Trying to virginize and we'll see what happens!!!
    It's not compatible with AT&T either if you've dowbngraded a 1.1.2 phone

Mine is locked to AT&T, I upgraded, downgraded and jailbroke. iNdependence shows it as activated but I get no carrier showing

Upgraded it back to 1.1.2 and all is right with the world (except I'm staring at a stock springboard)

1.1.2 is now available through iTunes 7.4.2 via update

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Default no 1.1.2 - installer not opening....
    hey, i connected to itunes,but no update was available to upgrade to 1.1.2 - is this just me? or is anyone else having the same problem, also - the installer isn't working. i open it,and it just says refreshing resources,but never opens. i re-booted,and the same thing keeps happening - any ideas? thanx.

1.1.2 is not available in itunes 7.4x. I have 7.4.3.1 and just did a update to 1.1.1 and that was the newest version it had.

If its not in the new itunes you have to hold down the shift(windows) or option(mac) and click on restore. Then choose the 1.1.2 file. Heres a link for the download http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

Also sometimes installer hangs for alittle bit. If reseting or restarting didnt work, then you will have to restore to 1.1.1.
    Last edited by jrdan24; 11-10-2007 at 09:49 AM.

also... i got 1.1.2 jailbroken, just go to the forums and jailbreak section for the write up

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes the "new" URL is just the main site for touchfree and does nothing at all to the iPhone whether you have oktoprep or not. If you visit the link the site gives you for one touch jailbreaking without a computer, you are greeted with the blue square signifying a patched TIFF image. I have work for the next eight hours but when I get home I'll be hard at work attempting to jailbreak my iPhone and keeping you all up to date!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast