Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 1.1.2

dont get your hopes up yet be calm
    its jus the unlock
    they still have to get a jailbreak tool out for u to have full control of 1.1.2
    TUAW and Conceited Software has a beta verson of the 1.1.2 jailbreak in testing
    i have heard that they are planning to release a one click GUI by sometime tomorrow.
    i guess we will jus have to wait and see

Not so lucky with Oktoprep. Went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, but it was not jailbroken. Phone works only because I am an AT&T customer. My T-mobile sim does not work with IPSF unlock of 1.1.1>1.1.2

My jailbreak of 1.1.1 was done with Independence, so I wonder if the different jailbreak methods influence whether Oktoprep works or not? Oh well, i'm just glad my phone works.

I'd think the OktoPrep installer would unpatch the Tiff Bug to allow easier methods such as jailbreakme.com to continue working.

Try jailbreakme.com to see if that works.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    I'd think the OktoPrep installer would unpatch the Tiff Bug to allow easier methods such as jailbreakme.com to continue working.

Try jailbreakme.com to see if that works.
    I am not to sure that would be possible seeing the tiff exploit was fixed within 1.1.2 update. Would be sweet though.

iPod Touch and iPhone 1.1.2 firmware jailbreak method released

http://mac.blorge.com/2007/11/09/ipo...thod-released/

Quote Originally Posted by gready123456 View Post
    iPod Touch and iPhone 1.1.2 firmware jailbreak method released

http://mac.blorge.com/2007/11/09/ipo...thod-released/
    any try this yet? i am ever so tempted.

I triple dog dare, someone to try

Tundra is right, it's too late now that I'm at 1.1.2.

Thanks

Default So dared, now back in jail

I hold my own on Unix (no guru) and don't consider myself a newb. I wonder if part of the problem is the way we're doing the upgrade? I did the "OktoPrep" before starting. The screenshot says to "Update to 1.1.2" but since the update hasn't hit my iTunes yet, I held down the Control key and clicked Restore, then pointed to where I had downloaded 1.1.2. The restore probably whacked whatever the "OktoPrep" had installed.

I realize that those blazing the trail for us have to keep some things quiet, so as not to tip off the Jobmeister too quickly, but if that's a valuable observation, could someone please validate it. The work done may be just fine--just that we need to wait for the update to show in iTunes and not force things with restoring--without getting ourselves into trouble with our hurrying.

I'll keep reading threads and watching for my rescue ;-)

...worst part: I was SO close to finishing that game of Sudoku, drats!!!!!
    Last edited by CaryDude; 11-09-2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: forgot comment

well, upgrading is not completely pointless as many say:
    check out the link below. You can now put your own songs into iTunes and sync:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....29012&tstart=0

oh man, sorry i dared you CaryDude. ouch, i bet they will have a good solution by this weekend.

Will someone that is running 1.1.2 check to see if their speakerphone is any louder? I think it is, but I'm just curious to hear another opinion.

Well, I'm getting there...
    Just went through a lot of pain. The iPhone messed up during the hacked 1.1.2 update... It stuck me in recovery mode. I restored to 1.1.1, but my baseband was screwed up... I'm now re-restoring 1.1.1 to see what this does but I don't have high hopes...
    I think after it restores to 1.1.1 I'll installed OktoPrep and then try again. I have some ideas on how to get around my earlier problems.

I'll keep you guys posted. Whenever I can get a definite method to hacking 1.1.2, it will be implemented in iDemocracy 2 ASAP.
    I think we can expect it in the Nov 16th Release. If not, there will be an iDemocracy 2.1 very soon after

Drakenza

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

I upgraded to 1.1.2 last night.

Tonight I started playing around with the jailbreak methods floating around.

I downgraded back to 1.1.1 (Opt-Click'ed restore, chose 1.1.1) and re-jailbroke. I got an error but connecting it to iNdependence brought me to the springboard.

In 1.1.1 my phone wouldn't activate (I'm on AT&T) but I was able to get to the Home screen and WIFI was active,

I jailbroke 1.1.1 with Jailbreakme.com and installed OktoPrep

Upgraded (with iTunes) back to 1.1.2 (Opt-Click Update). Phone activates with no problems (Again, I'm AT&T so no need for extra steps) and is working perfectly.

This is where the jailbreal falls apart. I've pointed my phone's browser to the Touchfree site linked to in the first thread. I've downloaded the version of Touchfree linked to in all the threads. I've run it, gotten to step 1 where it wants me to point Safari to jailbreak.toc2rta.com and Safari just shows a dot in the upper left corner.

I'm not sure what's up. I guess we have to wait for the 1.1.2 compatible version to be released
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

shendrik (11-25-2007)

Im ColdAsIce I did it and the Iphone 1.1.2 Is full Hacked, Cracked, and unlocked. This site can thank me with a sticky (-:

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I am about to try this

You can track my progress here

It didnt work.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 11-09-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by coldasice View Post
    Im ColdAsIce I did it and the Iphone 1.1.2 Is full Hacked, Cracked, and unlocked. This site can thank me with a sticky (-:
    Your method brings the phone to the 3.X baseband. That's not a 1.1.2 phone

I don't want to downgrade, or change the baseband. Nor do I want to go through even a partial revirginizing process

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

This is where the jailbreal falls apart. I've pointed my phone's browser to the Touchfree site linked to in the first thread. I've downloaded the version of Touchfree linked to in all the threads. I've run it, gotten to step 1 where it wants me to point Safari to jailbreak.toc2rta.com and Safari just shows a dot in the upper left corner.
    The dot is a TIFF image...an exploit that 1.1.2 patched.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

Default It's all good...
    Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    oh man, sorry i dared you CaryDude. ouch, i bet they will have a good solution by this weekend.
    I've lost bigger things on dares before. I'm sure it'll all be good soon. And this is STILL the coolest toy I've ever bought!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    The dot is a TIFF image...an exploit that 1.1.2 patched.
    Right. I know

But all of the info on the jailbreak infers that somewhere there is a Touchfree that will work with 1.1.2 if OktoPrep has been installed.

According to what I've read on a few other forums it's not made public yet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast