Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] 3g iPhone Will Make You Broke

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default [Rumor] 3g iPhone Will Make You Broke

RUMOR TIME So one of our members here had an interesting conversation with the manager of his local AT&T Store.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSVT View Post
    Bad news people, i just talked to the manager of the local AT&T store that i know personally and he said. There WILL NOT be any discount for new 2yr contract prices, the 8GB will most likely be $600 and the 16GB will be $700. Also he did tell me the release date, and it will be June 15th. So any hopes of getting the new phones cheap is all of forgotten...sorry to bare the bad news but i had to inform you all.

There you all go
    Uh oh I hope his manger buddy is clueless, those prices are STEEP.

and more of the same, sounds scary

Quote Originally Posted by tondog View Post
    Well well well.. I had to go to the apple store today cause my phone was being freaky-deaky....

I asked about the 3g phones and, well, I was told the same story... With the exception of the release date....

I was told 599 and 699 respectively.... But he said there has been rumblings of a price drop within the first few months, like the first gen. iPhone
    More info
    hey so i work at ATT also, and iphone 2 is prob going to be coming out on june 27th. the guy that posted previsouly about the june 15th date is right about us being blocked from taking vacation from the 15th on. However, we will be taking a training prior to the iphone launch. The same thing happeend last year with the release of the first iphone. We were told we cant vacation from the middle of june until the middle of july. and we had a week training, and then the last friday of the month... IPHONE LAUNCHED. anyway thats all jus fyi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

FiNdeRs.KeEpeRs (05-08-2008), irsha (05-09-2008), jls25 (05-08-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey didnt u know? Local ATT managers ALWAYS have teh inside inf0!
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

no store manager has this info. period.
    Main Phone: 2.0 / AT&T
    Test Phone: sold

Don't forget to thank me

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he'ss just saying some bulllshitt lies to scare us all..

but i wouldnt know.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    no store manager has this info. period.
    and yeahh i dont think that managers would know this much information with over a month to go until the release.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Default I stlilll gotta have it
    Its good to know the date it's coming out june 15th. that gives me 5 weeks to HUSTLE up the money because I have to have a 3G all black with crome buttons IPHONE.......have 3 and want this one, thanks for the head up on the time it will be released.....

The news on the market is that customers will pay full retail for the phone, and then get a rebate when signing the 2 year AT&T Contract. It is how they are going to enforce contract signing (because as we all know, MILLIONS of phones were unlocked)

regardless they should offer us current iphone owners some type of upgrade discount. Like let us exchange our current one for the new one and just pay the difference or a $50 deductable. It is so unfair for them to expect us to buy a new iphone evrytime and just throw away our old $500 iphone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to laz305 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPie (05-10-2008)

Well well well.. I had to go to the apple store today cause my phone was being freaky-deaky....

I asked about the 3g phones and, well, I was told the same story... With the exception of the release date....

I was told 599 and 699 respectively.... But he said there has been rumblings of a price drop within the first few months, like the first gen. iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

throw it away? i'm not with mine, I'm turn it into a touch or set one of my parents up with it.

i hope they DO give us current ATT iPhone users some perks of staying legit. (ie discounted/rebated phones)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I expected this. 3g isn't worth it. Unless they make a super battery or something

The rumor of a price cut in a few months (like last year) will seriously hurt opening day sales. Lets hope these prices are not the final ones. $700 is ok if its a 32GB and $600 for 16GB and $500 for the 8GB.

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    regardless they should offer us current iphone owners some type of upgrade discount. Like let us exchange our current one for the new one and just pay the difference or a $50 deductable. It is so unfair for them to expect us to buy a new iphone evrytime and just throw away our old $500 iphone.
    Maybe a discount, but I highly doubt they will let you pay the difference.

Doesn't happen with any phone (unless within the return period).

i know it's unheard of but come on they need to make an exception for an exceptional phone don't ya think?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to laz305 For This Useful Post:

Birke (05-12-2008)

I think it's very stupid to assume that Apple or ATT care or are gonna cater to us "First Gen" folks. They have absolutly no reason to.
    Fact is, 2nd gen is goign to sell just as well as first gen did.

Also, no one "expects" you to buy the new one when it comes out but yourself.
    Do you really have to have the latest and greatest at all times? If so, you should be familiar with the costs of such a hobby.

Nothing has changed

I still want one

Until they can be hacked for t-mobile I'm left in the dark anyhow. By that time, they will have come down in price.

can we upgrade our old phones to have gps?

Quote Originally Posted by RaXavier69 View Post
    can we upgrade our old phones to have gps?
    Probably not

No, GPS requires a special chip.

ill just give it a few months and they will drop the price 200$ when they upgrade the memory of the phone like the ipod has been doing for years

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast