Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] 3g iPhone Will Make You Broke

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wil'siphone View Post
    $600 4 a little upgrade or mayb 1 or 2 new features..Is it worth it?
    Oh,COME ON,its JUST RUMORS.....,read here- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139171

Its just rumors,that does NOT make sence....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why should apple or at&t let you trade your iphone in towards a new one? What are they going to do with thousands of EDGE iphones? (most of which are hacked ) When something new comes out you have a choice to buy the new product or keep your existing one. I was lucky enough to buy my 8gig 10 days before the 16gig came out, I just paid the 10% restocking fee and paid the extra $100.

The info that the store manager listed above claimed to have is B.S. We have been given no info about the release info on a 3G iphone except that no vacations are to be taken during June 15-July 12 No details on pricing,rebates, or anything else for that matter is just speculation.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wra1979 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPie (05-09-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wra1979 View Post
    Why should apple or at&t let you trade your iphone in towards a new one? What are they going to do with thousands of EDGE iphones? (most of which are hacked ) When something new comes out you have a choice to buy the new product or keep your existing one.
    Thats true,nice post....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:

wra1979 (05-09-2008)

WRONG!!!!!! i'm an AT&T manager and we haven't had any confirmation about the prices or released dates for the 3G iphones, now what is true is the fact that nobody will be able to get vacation from june 15 to july 15.

My question is: Will the 3G iPhone come with a more expensive data plan??

Think about it, the 20$ a month plan we all pay now is "exclusive" to the iPhone.
    A regular BB or PDA data(no tethering) plan from ATT is 35$/mo - and it is 3G. Edge speed costs less because we are not getting the same internet experience. (Shame on Tmo for their data plan pricing! - they deserve to have people getting almost free internet)
    The 3G iPhone will allow ATT to set a new "3G" iPhone data plan and who's to say it will still be $20?

Thanks

It will be more expensive, most likely
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Green Apple
    Thanks

local managers do have this kind of info they receive emails from corp. all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2k10 View Post
    local managers do have this kind of info they receive emails from corp. all the time.
    No they don't. If there's a new phone, right now it would be under revision by the FCC (which can hold cases under confidentiality for up to 60 days). That is, if they are going through with the June 15 deadline. During this time I assure you little to no one will know actual details on the device. The managers (some have even posted here!) have the only info they need: from the 15 to the 15, no vacations are allowed. Managers dont need to get specs of the product to do their job of managing a store.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

leonpeeon (05-10-2008)

Thanks

H_N_B knows his stuff ^
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nishua View Post
    There are a lot of basic features that the IPhone has failed to deliver on your right I didn't do research but I wish I would have. Lesson learned. Anyway, the IPhone isn't a marvel that Apple was selling it to be. Its good phone with good MP3 and video capabilities (minus those ****** edge youtube clips). Nothing else. The only true way to get some value out of it is to hack it. Which I'm trying to do now.

I'm getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 the day it releases that is a phone worth drooling over. At least it has 3G.
    you needn't say anything.

you fail.

I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

RUMOR TIME So one of our members here had an interesting conversation with the manager of his local AT&T Store.

Uh oh I hope his manger buddy is clueless, those prices are STEEP.

and more of the same, sounds scary
    Just for the record guys. Those of us at AT&T that know anything about the future of the iPhone had to sign an iron clad non-discloser agreement that says the not only will we lose our job there would also be prosecution. I can assure you that none of the AT&T retail store managers have any info other than speculation even on the launch date.
    Last edited by MrAtt; 05-09-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

Can we go back to the rumors of the $199 iPhone? Those were happier days, and my wallet purred with happiness. Now I have to use the button to keep my wallet from jumping and running away.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well i hope the $700 are worth it! I just got my new 16GB cause i broke my 8GB. Most likely i'll buy one of the new ones and give my sister the old one, lol

why would anyone buy a 16gb used for 400 when you can get a refurbed for 350 with warranty and box and such?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeDude View Post
    Cash, where ever did you get that kind of money to:
    A) Fill up a bucket with
    B) Throw in a toilet!

Jealousy consumes me, do you know how many iPhones I could buy with that bucket/toilet get-up you have?!

Regardless, I found a buyer for my 16GB iphone, who offered me 400 USD. Now it's just a matter of what's rumor and what's reality. I will sell it if there is some reimbursement, but I don't feel like using my 8GB with a cracked screen unless there is some sort of benefit to it. I'm on WiFi a pretty good bit though, and i'm covered with my service just about everywhere. So 3G really isn't too vital to me. I'm anticipating the firmware much more then the phone!

PS: Long live the dev-team. <3 Straight up, brothers.
    why would anyone buy a 16gb used for 400 when you can get a refurbed for 350 with warranty and box and such?
    Last edited by keatonreckard; 05-10-2008 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

he doesnt know what he's talking about.

He is taking a guess..

Was it a corporate store?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Looks like Apple stopped selling the iphones. I guess its coming sooner than we thought
    [IMG]http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/sundayduffer/modmyimirrormind.png[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn I guess if they even stopped the 1st generation ones on their website, maybe the next few weeks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post

Looks like Apple stopped selling the iphones. I guess its coming sooner than we thought
    It might come in 2-4 weeks...,as the new firmware though...,just a guess,dont take seriously..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The only reason I could not stocking the EDGE iphones would be because they do not want the apple and at&t stores to be flooded with returned EDGE phones when the 3G comes out. I doubt that will be in 2 weeks but you never know. It will also probably stop some of the whole apple and at&t owe me because I just bought this kind of thinking if the last EDGE phone they sold was over one month before the 3G came out.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast